Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:08 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

magic squares

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Littleoldlady.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
Wyncote,Pa
United States
Member #3206
January 3, 2004
60725 Posts
Posted: December 1, 2009, 6:34 pm - IP Logged
So glade you posted this....
I shall show the magic..
maybe once, stay tuned.
    alsports2000's avatar - 23606770150900
    Pharr, Texas
    United States
    Member #107
    August 23, 2001
    439 Posts
    Posted: December 1, 2009, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

dharper,

Sorry, didn't see this til now.

The 29th would be 11 or 1.

The Pythagorean chart is the simplest, you just write 1 to 9 across the top of a page and then the alphabet under it. 

It's hard to post like that, though, so here it is in another format:

1 AJS

2 BKT

3 CLU

4 DMV

5 ENW

6 FOX

7 GPY

8 HQZ

9 IR

Usually it's for names and such, for dates numerologists use all numbers, convert the month to a number, Nov = 11

So today (Nov 30 2009) would be

November 11 or 1 (1 + 1, but 11 is also considered a "Holy number and not reduced)

30 = 3

2009 = 11 , or 2 again

So for Nov 30, 2009 you have 11 or 2, 30 or 3, and 11, or 2

Adding them all you have 7.

Using the word November from the chart above you would have

N 5

O 6

V 4

E 5

M 4

B 2

E 5

R 9

_____

= 40 or 4

dharper is

D 4

H 8

A 1

R 9

P 9

E 5

R 9

________

= 45, or 9

Greetings. I am interested in knowing where you learned that the number 11 is a holy number??. I read somewhere that one can formulate a pick three combination using your birthday dates. I was born on 11/13/47, so, I came up with the digits 243 and surprisingly I've won with it a couple of times. I can't figure out how the 47 became a 3 but at the time that I originally read about it I came up with that. Just my two cents worth. Thanks. AL.

There is a lot of good information on this thread about different ways of creating combination for the pick 3 game. What?

Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
      Wyncote,Pa
      United States
      Member #3206
      January 3, 2004
      60725 Posts
      Posted: December 1, 2009, 7:49 pm - IP Logged
      I may start posting Magic square results.
      They work/win within my posts ...

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/204642/1475299

Broulir32's avatar - 112

United States
        Member #67381
        November 24, 2008
        282 Posts
        Posted: December 2, 2009, 8:33 am - IP Logged

Thanks BA

And the answer is ???       U won't get it, if u don't ask the question ??

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49758 Posts
          Posted: December 2, 2009, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

Greetings. I am interested in knowing where you learned that the number 11 is a holy number??. I read somewhere that one can formulate a pick three combination using your birthday dates. I was born on 11/13/47, so, I came up with the digits 243 and surprisingly I've won with it a couple of times. I can't figure out how the 47 became a 3 but at the time that I originally read about it I came up with that. Just my two cents worth. Thanks. AL.

There is a lot of good information on this thread about different ways of creating combination for the pick 3 game. What?

1+1=2 1+3=4 4+7=11 (1+1=2) Gives you: 242

1+1=2 1+3=4 7-4=3 Gives you: 243

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10351 Posts
            Posted: December 3, 2009, 1:20 am - IP Logged

Magic squares were designed for other purposed, mystical things, not Pick 3 and Pick 4.

WRONG

Magic squares can be used in  Pick 3

Pick3 can be purposed and mystical

blackapple

They can be used for Pick 3, sure, but that was not the intent, it's an adaptation.

If they were intended for pick 3, then where are the zeroes, huh?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10351 Posts
              Posted: December 3, 2009, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Just for information, a brief history of magic squares:

Magic Squares in History

Magic squares have been studied for at least three thousand years, theearliest recorded appearance dating to about 2200 BC, in China.  Inthe 9th century, Arab astrologers used them in calculating horoscopes,and by 1300 AD, magic squares had spread to the West.  An engravingby the German artist Albrecht Dürer included a magic square in whichthe artist embedded the date, 1514, in the form of two consecutive numbersin the bottom row!  Because the concept of a magic square is so easilyunderstood, magic squares have been particularly attractive to puzzlersand amateur mathematicians.  Even Benjamin Franklin dabbled with magicsquares, and an magicsquare with some very interesting properties is attributed to him.

http://www.jcu.edu/math/vignettes/magicsquares.htm

So unless someone can produce results for the Chinese Mid Day or Evening Pick 3 from 2200 BC, I maintain that magic squares were not created for Pick 3. People use them for it, sure, but their origin was for much different purposes.

Plus, they are by n mesns limited to a 3 X 3 square, as long as there is an equal number of rows and columns it's a square.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                Member #14
                November 9, 2001
                31350 Posts
                Posted: December 3, 2009, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

Just for information, a brief history of magic squares:

Magic Squares in History

Magic squares have been studied for at least three thousand years, theearliest recorded appearance dating to about 2200 BC, in China.  Inthe 9th century, Arab astrologers used them in calculating horoscopes,and by 1300 AD, magic squares had spread to the West.  An engravingby the German artist Albrecht Dürer included a magic square in whichthe artist embedded the date, 1514, in the form of two consecutive numbersin the bottom row!  Because the concept of a magic square is so easilyunderstood, magic squares have been particularly attractive to puzzlersand amateur mathematicians.  Even Benjamin Franklin dabbled with magicsquares, and an magicsquare with some very interesting properties is attributed to him.

http://www.jcu.edu/math/vignettes/magicsquares.htm

So unless someone can produce results for the Chinese Mid Day or Evening Pick 3 from 2200 BC, I maintain that magic squares were not created for Pick 3. People use them for it, sure, but their origin was for much different purposes.

Plus, they are by n mesns limited to a 3 X 3 square, as long as there is an equal number of rows and columns it's a square.

Lep

Very interesting.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                  Clarksville
                  United States
                  Member #487
                  July 15, 2002
                  17638 Posts
                  Posted: December 6, 2009, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

Wow! I have seen something like this in one of my science lessons.  The kids loved it.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.