Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How does your state's lottery odds compare with other states? Are they fair?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Dollar419.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
Member #76986
July 10, 2009
8034 Posts
Posted: November 24, 2009, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Pennsylvania has very high lottery odds overall.

The Instant Games / Scratch-offs have high ticket prices and high odds.

It is not just the Instant Games, it's other games as well.

Some states seem to have better games, odds and prizes than others.

Single state lotteries have better odds than multiple state lotteries.

For example, single state lotteries may average odds of 18 million to 1.

Where as, multiple states lotteries may average odds of 120 million to 1.

How does your state's lottery / gaming odds compare with other states?

Are they fair?

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    CA
    United States
    Member #57222
    December 23, 2007
    587 Posts
    Posted: November 24, 2009, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

I have said it many times,  and thanks for the post.  California is the pits!  but what am I gonna do?  Oh yeah stop playing all together!  Naw  cant do that.  Cant move to  another state.  so I guess im stuck.  California  seems to have the worst odds and never introduces the cool  win for life tickets or anthing like that.  But oh well, its where I live.  Smile

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
      Illinois
      United States
      Member #82001
      November 3, 2009
      890 Posts
      Posted: November 24, 2009, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Have to say IL is one of the best. We have cool stuffs like raffle, 2nd chance drawing, bonus pick 3 drawing, and a bunch of win for life scratchers. Our progressive pick 5 is better than some states pick 6 games. No joke

I am shocked when I look at surrounding states lottery and realized how awful they are.

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
        Member #76986
        July 10, 2009
        8034 Posts
        Posted: December 22, 2009, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

I have said it many times,  and thanks for the post.  California is the pits!  but what am I gonna do?  Oh yeah stop playing all together!  Naw  cant do that.  Cant move to  another state.  so I guess im stuck.  California  seems to have the worst odds and never introduces the cool  win for life tickets or anthing like that.  But oh well, its where I live.  Smile

Thanks for responding to this question, lottocalgal.

"California is the pits!  but what am I gonna do?" 

Would it work to gather some like minded people together and send letters requesting new and better games? 

Ask for Win for Life and other fun games to added to the lottery selections. 

If enough people ask and talk about it, the right people will listen!!!!

Send letters to the editor of newspapers, the Governor's Office, the budget office of the state education department and other places requesting better games and payoffs. 

Maybe the Lottery Post members here from your state could draft some sample letters in a thread that everyone could copy and send to their state representatives.  Be sure to tell the lottery top bananas ( Banana  ) how the state could benefit from selling these type of games. Tell them that you, your friends, and others would buy them!  

You get the picture.  There is probably a lot that you can do, and motivate others to do, with your passion for better lottery games!

Don't give up! It may take a bit get the ball rolling on this. It seems like it could be well worth your effort. 

It could be FUN working with others here in Lottery Post with this worthy project.  Type Type Type

CA Lottery Headquarters
        Customer Service
        600 North Tenth Street
        Sacramento, CA 95811
        tel: 916-323-7095
        wwwdotCAlotterydotcom

Everyone, what else could lottocalgal do to get new and better games on her state's lottery menu?  Coffee

916, 323, 600

7095, 9581, 5811

Happy Holidays & Money Ble$$ing$ Smiley Santa Big Grin Santa Noel

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
          Santa Ana
          United States
          Member #71159
          February 20, 2009
          651 Posts
          Posted: December 23, 2009, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

I totally agree with you--lottocagal; the CA Lottery is very poorly run and it could be much better as far as the odds of winning.  I believe in the beginning the odds of winning was good but with the state budget crisis, etc. it is not the same.  I think it should be outsourced to a private company who can market the games to attract more players into system.  If only we could play across state lines to try other lottery games.