Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone heard of someone purposely wanting to win scratchoffs and actually doing it.

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jwhou.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: December 1, 2009, 4:28 am - IP Logged

For instance here in LP I've heard on the news of 1 guy said he wanted to win Powerball and devise a system and won...

I've also heard [rummors though] of another guy wanting to win Powerball and actually accomplishing it...

I've heard of 3 cases in the Lottery change my life of people saying that they felt like they were going to win and they won....

I want to know if anyone has heard the same case of someone wanting to win scratchoffs or felt like they were going to win scratchoffs and actually they won it...

not many people think or see it that way but such news is like a second odds...For instance a lotto game can have nice odds but if you never heard of anyone who wanted to win it and won it is very hard breaking and it might just say that you if you wanted to win it purposelly might not be able to do it...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: December 5, 2009, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

I had a mother in law one time who used to live with me. She used to come home from work everyday with strings of scratchers. Every once in a while she'd win $25 or $50 and she would always say "I knew I was going to win today!"

I wondered why she played all those other days if she didn't "know" she was going to win. She never said she knew she was going to win before she won, only after.

I liked when she won though cuz she was happy for a little while. She was a mean, vicious woman.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Lubbock Texas
      United States
      Member #56780
      December 2, 2007
      1 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2009, 3:16 am - IP Logged

I usually know as soon as the clerk hands me the ticket. Most of the time I only play when I'm feeling good (lucky). For awhile I even kept a notebook showing my winnings. In a year I came out about $400 dollars up. Not bad for $2-5 tickets.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
        A long and winding road
        United States
        Member #17084
        June 10, 2005
        4525 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2009, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

One of my associates can walk into a store- look at the different tickets- point to one set and says- I just want one.

ANd he hits 9 times out of ten. It doesnt matter if its a one dollar ticket or a 20 dollar ticket, the dude hits ! So one day I asked him to pick one ticket for himself and one ticket for me, Id buy. and we both won $100 each on a 5 dollar ticket! Different series of game, but I laughed and told him he is the luckiest guy to have that skill (or luck).

No one purposely goes into a store to say Yeah give me five losers, I feel unlucky today!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23260 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2009, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

For instance here in LP I've heard on the news of 1 guy said he wanted to win Powerball and devise a system and won...

I've also heard [rummors though] of another guy wanting to win Powerball and actually accomplishing it...

I've heard of 3 cases in the Lottery change my life of people saying that they felt like they were going to win and they won....

I want to know if anyone has heard the same case of someone wanting to win scratchoffs or felt like they were going to win scratchoffs and actually they won it...

not many people think or see it that way but such news is like a second odds...For instance a lotto game can have nice odds but if you never heard of anyone who wanted to win it and won it is very hard breaking and it might just say that you if you wanted to win it purposelly might not be able to do it...

The news section has lots of stories about that.

If you want to find news stories about Scratch-Off Games, try using the Tag Cloud page.  You will find lots of other categorized news stories the same way.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
            United States
            Member #60097
            April 5, 2008
            3957 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2009, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

One of my associates can walk into a store- look at the different tickets- point to one set and says- I just want one.

ANd he hits 9 times out of ten. It doesnt matter if its a one dollar ticket or a 20 dollar ticket, the dude hits ! So one day I asked him to pick one ticket for himself and one ticket for me, Id buy. and we both won $100 each on a 5 dollar ticket! Different series of game, but I laughed and told him he is the luckiest guy to have that skill (or luck).

No one purposely goes into a store to say Yeah give me five losers, I feel unlucky today!

Next you shall pluck out a 100 grand winner from Gus!

Hope you and all players win lots of dough,

KeystoneParty

United States
              Member #83701
              December 13, 2009
              225 Posts
              Posted: December 17, 2009, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

I think it's safe to say that many people who won, purposely wanted to win however not everyone who purposely wanted to win, won.