Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Games Are Going Kaput In Your State Next Year?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Rowen.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Sunny California
United States
Member #40295
May 31, 2006
7712 Posts
Posted: December 4, 2009, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

Crying............and are you going to miss them? Disapprove   

As seen on the LP Home Page, South Carolina's MegaMatch 6 is the latest to bite the dust.

Which game are you boo-hooing over?

Let's hear from you!

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
    Member #71120
    February 19, 2009
    1209 Posts
    Posted: December 4, 2009, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Tennessee will stop Lotto Plus Jan 1,2010......They will begin Mega Millions,I will play that.I dont think it will be in the hands of Tennessee drawing the numbers..

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10344 Posts
      Posted: December 5, 2009, 12:20 am - IP Logged

Nothing has been announced, but if Illinois adds Powerball I don't think it will keep the Lotto (Pick 6, 6/52)). Lotto is Monday, Wednesday- Saturday, so for one thing Monday would be the only "stand alone" day for a Lotto drawing.

There's 12 drawings left this year and it's only been hit 9 times. The jackpot starts at $2,000,000 and the rollovers really grind their way up. If people are offered Powerball on two of the three Lotto drawing nights the jackpots will grind even slower.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Rockwell's avatar - redordead
        New York
        United States
        Member #66776
        November 6, 2008
        91 Posts
        Posted: December 5, 2009, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

New York's Lotto 59 is really pathetic. At 45 million to 1 odds of winning 3 million, people are now in favor of the new Sweet Millions game. Plus, the state only ups the prixe amount 500k per drawing when its not hit. It use to be 1 million increase ... So Long Mel !!!

Tomorrow's numbers are in Todays results!

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
          Northern Virginia
          United States
          Member #83350
          December 5, 2009
          1313 Posts
          Posted: December 7, 2009, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

As long as they don't discontinue the Pick-3 or Pick-4 I am happy. 

I have not heard of the Virginia or Georgia lotteries discontinuing anything. (My permanent residence is in Virginia but I am a student at the University of Georgia.)

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Milwaukee, WI
            United States
            Member #3131
            December 27, 2003
            665 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2009, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Nothing has been announced, but if Illinois adds Powerball I don't think it will keep the Lotto (Pick 6, 6/52)).

>Lotto is Monday, Wednesday- Saturday, so for one thing Monday would be the only "stand alone" day for a Lotto drawing.

No way would they dump lotto.  That money all stays in state. (except when I will win it). The sales are just too good. That game is WAY WAY better than Wis. Megabucks that it compares to. 

And how many big Illinois Mega Millions winners are there? None for years.

And the same will happen if they pick up powerball...

But all that being said,  I'm taking that Mega Millions home tonight.  Or on Thursday when I go to collect it after the snow clears!

MarkP

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2009, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

TN could cancel all their state games and it wouldn't bother me a bit.

They're all computer generated and the reason I drive to VA to buy lottery tickets.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Sunny California
                United States
                Member #40295
                May 31, 2006
                7712 Posts
                Posted: December 8, 2009, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

New York's Lotto 59 is really pathetic. At 45 million to 1 odds of winning 3 million, people are now in favor of the new Sweet Millions game. Plus, the state only ups the prixe amount 500k per drawing when its not hit. It use to be 1 million increase ... So Long Mel !!!

Thanks for all the responses,everyone! There sure seems to be a lot of changes coming up this next year, I can't keep up. California isn't changing anything as far as I know. They will probably be adding a Midday Pick 4 one of these days. But our SuperLotto Plus is getting old.

I can't believe anyone would want to play the New York lottery,Rockwell, I agree. If NY ever decides to get Powerball I'm sure they will discontinue it.

My cousin told me they used to have a game similiar to the Sweet Millions a few years back. Do you remember that?  

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  CA
                  United States
                  Member #57222
                  December 23, 2007
                  587 Posts
                  Posted: December 10, 2009, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for all the responses,everyone! There sure seems to be a lot of changes coming up this next year, I can't keep up. California isn't changing anything as far as I know. They will probably be adding a Midday Pick 4 one of these days. But our SuperLotto Plus is getting old.

I can't believe anyone would want to play the New York lottery,Rockwell, I agree. If NY ever decides to get Powerball I'm sure they will discontinue it.

My cousin told me they used to have a game similiar to the Sweet Millions a few years back. Do you remember that?  

Lottolaughs,

Why do you say our SLP is getting old/ you're scaring me.  Even though my hopes are on Fantasy Five game,  I still play SLP.  Have you heard anything?  I don't see anything on the site.  Mega Million hates me so my "splurge is from SLP.

Sunny California
                    United States
                    Member #40295
                    May 31, 2006
                    7712 Posts
                    Posted: December 10, 2009, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Lottolaughs,

Why do you say our SLP is getting old/ you're scaring me.  Even though my hopes are on Fantasy Five game,  I still play SLP.  Have you heard anything?  I don't see anything on the site.  Mega Million hates me so my "splurge is from SLP.

Heyyyy lottocalgal!

It just seems the SLP has been around for quite some time. Don't get me wrong, I still prefer it to that old number field in the 50's we had before for our lotto. California doesn't seem to change their games as much as some other states. Don't worry,haven't heard anything about them cancelling it. Thumbs Up But you've got the right idea going for Fantasy 5! It's still a nice chunk of change and odds are wayyyyyyyyy better!

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                      Member #5599
                      July 13, 2004
                      1184 Posts
                      Posted: December 10, 2009, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

California super lotto would be my guess. What a disaster. *L*

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                        Santa Ana
                        United States
                        Member #71159
                        February 20, 2009
                        651 Posts
                        Posted: December 13, 2009, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

California super lotto would be my guess. What a disaster. *L*

The disater is the way all of the games are handled in CA Lottery; Although they have not advised lately, i.e. CA lottery commercials, I feel the games in the CA Lottery should just be re-vamp so that they are generating enough revenue to have several winners in order to attract enough new players into games; for example, if you win two numbers in Fantasy 5; it should generate at least $1.00; SL, one number minus the mega; the all of the games are getting very stale and boring.Confused

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
                          Illinois
                          United States
                          Member #82001
                          November 3, 2009
                          890 Posts
                          Posted: December 15, 2009, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

I can't stand the IL state lotto and would love to see it die a slow and painful death...