Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Find a winning Lottery

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 7 years ago by mookyb75.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Canandaigua, NY
United States
Member #82302
November 10, 2009
24 Posts
Posted: December 4, 2009, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone here ever find a winning lottery ticket.  I have twice.  I work at a grocery store and people throw there tickets away and changing garbage i saw a ticket on top and decieded to look at it and i won four dollars.  Also people throw there tickets away by the instant machine and someone has to change it.  So the person changes it and sometimes you can see the ticket in the garbage(i have to throw it in the dumpster) so sometimes i look at them and I won five dollars.  I saw the small little letters on the ticket that say if you win or not and saw a letter that was a winner.  As anyone ever found a winning lottery ticket.

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
    Miami
    United States
    Member #62793
    July 9, 2008
    673 Posts
    Posted: December 4, 2009, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone here ever find a winning lottery ticket.  I have twice.  I work at a grocery store and people throw there tickets away and changing garbage i saw a ticket on top and decieded to look at it and i won four dollars.  Also people throw there tickets away by the instant machine and someone has to change it.  So the person changes it and sometimes you can see the ticket in the garbage(i have to throw it in the dumpster) so sometimes i look at them and I won five dollars.  I saw the small little letters on the ticket that say if you win or not and saw a letter that was a winner.  As anyone ever found a winning lottery ticket.

I wouldn't tell too many people you're doing that. If you ever find a big winner there'll be an automatic investigation and they may give you a hard time about it.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: December 5, 2009, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

I buy my tickets at a store just over the VA line from TN. They have a counter in the back with stools where all the hard core scratcher players congregate to scratch their tickets purchased from the numerous machines back there. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of of tickets in the trash cans provided back there for that purpose.

I have often thought it could be profitable to go through them in case somebody missed something but somehow I wouldn't feel right taking stuff out of a garbage can inside a business. I've never seen anybody else do it either so maybe they've been told not to previously.

I noticed a lot of the people don't even scratch off the play area, they just scratch the bottom of the tickets to see the code to see if it's a winner, so it's possible they've all been well checked anyway.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Canandaigua, NY
        United States
        Member #82302
        November 10, 2009
        24 Posts
        Posted: December 5, 2009, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

The customers at my stores some times take the garbage bags.  The only time I will do it is if I need to waste time at work lol.  I have heard someone who does that who won 100 dollars from it.

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
          Illinois
          United States
          Member #82001
          November 3, 2009
          890 Posts
          Posted: December 6, 2009, 12:25 am - IP Logged

I once found a winning $5 MM ticket on the ground in a building once but I have never been tempted to be dumpster diver.

cosmotravis's avatar - f ssr.jpg

United States
            Member #65357
            September 25, 2008
            96 Posts
            Posted: December 10, 2009, 1:11 am - IP Logged

nice, you might wanna think twice about taking home the garbage.  i've seen alot of ickie ickie things in cans lately.   even if it's just tickets, there is always a surprise or two waiting for ya.  lol  (no details)

back when we used to sell scratchers , people would knock them off of at the counter, and i'd watch them looking for an (S-N-U-P)  if one of those letters came up, it was a loser, otherwise i'd get ready to hand them a couple dollars worth of tickets.  the most i've seen was a ten dollar winner.

United States
              Member #83701
              December 13, 2009
              225 Posts
              Posted: December 13, 2009, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

I found a hundred dollar bill on the floor once, does that count?

Encino
                United States
                Member #78601
                August 17, 2009
                3 Posts
                Posted: January 2, 2010, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

Yes I have! In California they have a "second chance" draw for losing lottery tickets (a chance for $1,000.), so I rummage through garbage cans like a bum for losing tickets and enter the serial #'s for each ticket on the CA website.  Out of around 50 tickets I yanked out of the trash last night four of them were actually winning tickets worth $24 dollars!..Not a fortune, but surely a surprise.

United States
                  Member #1630
                  June 7, 2003
                  6011 Posts
                  Posted: January 3, 2010, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

I ALWAYS tear up all tickets after checking them.  I take it home, scratch the ticket at home and then tear it up if it is not a winner.  So NO ONE is winning off the ticket I had but me!!!!!!

mookyb75's avatar - animaniacs41
                    nashville nc
                    United States
                    Member #81934
                    November 2, 2009
                    657 Posts
                    Posted: January 3, 2010, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

i ususally save my tickets for later to recheck i have often not scratched an entire number later realizing i have won something ...

Rainbow 

My mind on my $$$$