Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Nation-wide and Provincial survey for systems players.

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Guru101.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Do Oral Quick-Pick selections print faster for players versus hand-made play-slips?

Yes. Oral Quick-Pick selections the clerks sell p [ 1 ]  [12.50%]
No. Oral Quick-Pick selections print at the same [ 7 ]  [87.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 8 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  

United States
Member #81843
October 31, 2009
856 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2009, 8:21 am - IP Logged

I think most of us who play with some kind of systems approach do not make quick-pick selections.

I noticed something last night while waiting to have a clerk run my play-slips that I found unusual. A customer wanted some quick-picks and they were flying out of the printer. When I had my play-slips processed, the scan-tron quickly read them, but the printer's output was slowed dramatically and for each ticket printed.

I used to think the WA printers were universally slow, but this is not the case. They are selectively slow when printing hand filled play-slip tickets. Another reason to suggest to go with a quick-pick, but the same information printed on both kinds of tickets is not conditional on the printer's ability. I can only wonder why the push to sell QP's is showing up at the points of sale. The terminal has to communicate on either type of selection and there is a minor lag before printing starts, but the rate of the printing is somehow conditional. The equipment can handle the task. The network is not slow, the software is made to slow the printer's rate.

The message is clear that if I am in some kind of haste my tickets purchased would be printed faster if I just make an oral Quick-Pick selection. I won't be holding up the line either! So I save face and time by going with a Quick-Pick! Sweet deal! I drool just at the thought of it...

Please join in the survey based on your own observations. For a successful survey you have to observe the printing speed of several quick picks and several hand-filled play-slip selections. The survey does not take into account play-slips marked with Quick-Pick. WA printers are thermal printers.

Thank you,

Delta Draw

Survey: Ticket printing speed: Oral Quick-Pick V Hand-filled play-slips.

Do Oral Quick-Pick selections print faster for players versus hand-made play-slips?

Yes. Oral Quick-Pick selections the clerks sell print tickets faster than my hand-selected numbers on paper play-slips.

No. Oral Quick-Pick selections print at the same rate as my hand-filled play-slips.

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    51170 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2009, 10:21 am - IP Logged

It doesn't matter: How Fast or How Slow the Ticket Prints!

What matters: Whether or not its Printing the Ticket with the Winning Combination!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19901 Posts
      Posted: December 8, 2009, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

It doesn't matter: How Fast or How Slow the Ticket Prints!

What matters: Whether or not its Printing the Ticket with the Winning Combination!

I agree but some players think choosing QP gives them the best odds of having the Winning Combination. 
      As a system player I disagree.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #81843
        October 31, 2009
        856 Posts
        Posted: December 8, 2009, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for your opinions, but this is a survey about your observations, not opinions.

Opinion votes would best be voted as a discard vote. I discarded my vote though I have made a valid observation because the poll is mine and I did not want to start the poll with my results leading.

I simply wish to inquire if the same observation is broader in scope than in my state.

DD

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1958 Posts
          Posted: December 9, 2009, 4:11 am - IP Logged

Same.

Gonna win.Big Smile