Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

winner on talk radio

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 7 years ago by myturn.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
cosmotravis's avatar - f ssr.jpg

United States
Member #65357
September 25, 2008
96 Posts
Posted: December 10, 2009, 1:21 am - IP Logged

big fan of Lynn samuels on sirius 146, the other day a guy called in about a topic, and in passing he mentioned he won the lottery for fifty million.

listening to the tone of his voice, he was a really happy man.  "who wouldn't be after winning that amount?"

one of the things i'll take from his phone call was,   once he had the money every day he just kept making more.

since there are so many winners floating around, they have to be just like you and me, right?   

could this caller be telling the truth about winning the big money?

Pinkpansies's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
    Member #58857
    February 27, 2008
    112 Posts
    Posted: December 15, 2009, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Possibly, but you will probably never know for sure. 

I once read about an English woman who won the lottery for at least a million pounds, she called into a radio station and they verified her identity off the air, but it was her.  She told them that not even her husband knew she won the jackpot and that if her husband knew then the money would be gone.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2009, 12:06 am - IP Logged

"Could this caller be telling the truth about winning the big money?"

Yep he could be. There have been many lottery winners who've gone on tv and done interviews. We see them all the time on those TLC shows about lottery winners.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10351 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2009, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

Driving in Missouri one day I was listening to a financial program on the radio.The host was talking about investments and taxes and tax shelters.

A guy called up and said he had got lucky and won $2,000,000 in the Missouri lottery.

The host said, "Then you should have your own program and I should be calling you!"

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Bondi Junction
          Australia
          Member #57242
          December 24, 2007
          1102 Posts
          Posted: December 24, 2009, 3:10 am - IP Logged

I did win a jackpot, they last thing I would do is call a radio station. I would not care if they believed me or not, why run the risk of someone recognizing your voice?

We all get a lot out of lotteries!