Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 1:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Now I know what to do if I won a jackpot...

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Entertaiment Capital
United States
Member #37800
April 19, 2006
302 Posts
Posted: December 15, 2009, 2:32 am - IP Logged

I will be 34 next February. Before that I will be graduating from a state university this January. With a degree in fine art. And I feel that my skill level is very inadequate for my own standard.

I want to go back to Art Center College of Design in Pasadena after quitting it 11 years ago.

Now I know better. I became wiser and humble. I have grown up. And I have suffered the really nasty side of acts of god. Although I am not a Christian anymore, I feel like Job in the Old Testament. Yes, I've suffered some horrible failures in my life.

I know that I sound very arrogant, but I deserve to win.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    CA
    United States
    Member #57222
    December 23, 2007
    587 Posts
    Posted: December 15, 2009, 9:39 am - IP Logged

I will be 34 next February. Before that I will be graduating from a state university this January. With a degree in fine art. And I feel that my skill level is very inadequate for my own standard.

I want to go back to Art Center College of Design in Pasadena after quitting it 11 years ago.

Now I know better. I became wiser and humble. I have grown up. And I have suffered the really nasty side of acts of god. Although I am not a Christian anymore, I feel like Job in the Old Testament. Yes, I've suffered some horrible failures in my life.

Ambelamba,

I know you dont  really want to hear this but even the most ardent christian have horrible trials in life.  I never did drugs or partied or hurt people,  and unlike the rest of my family paid my own way through college and tried to do the best with my life and  yet had to struggle for every tiny accomplishment.

Just in the last 2 years  I lost an $80k a year job as a mortgage underwriter and couldnt find a job for nearly 2 years.  But guess what  I HATED that huge salary job and was stressed  and crying every day, especially toward the end of the mortgage crisis.

My depression got as close to suicide as you can get.  I ended up going back to church in order to save my own life.

I prayed for a job and then  almost without trying, I found a job that is not even HALF the salary but guess what  I love it, have 0 stress , an 8 minute commute, Finally work in the IT department (that has eluded me for years)  and for a boss whom I like. 

It is not God whose trying to hurt or punish us, it just is.  I think that I will win the lottery IF it is  my destiny to do so.  No one Deserves, anything we get in life,  good or bad.  Do babies deserve to be born blind or  severly deformed?  Do rapist and and criminals deserve to win the lottery?  no they just do. Will were all born with a specific destiny to fullfill  and we just have to find a way to get through it.  My faith is what is getting me through mine because I know how dark I can get.  I truly hope to win the lottery one day and truly believe I will.  But I don't pray to God for it.  Please remember that our winning the lottery may not be in Gods plan for us.  Why?  because winning may cause alot of ourselves or others as a result.  Only God knows the outcomes of such things. 

Since you used to be a christian then you know what we all truly DESERVE--we don't want that.  Please keep this in mind.  Life is simply a series of trials and lessons.  Good luck to you, and  please don't give up on God.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      23232 Posts
      Posted: December 15, 2009, 10:18 am - IP Logged

I feel, I want, I suffered, I deserve.

Get over it. A lot of people have suffered horrible failures/losses in their lives, you're not the only one.

It's the way they handle what they've been given or in your case, what you think you were not given.

You are about to graduate with a degree in Fine Art? If that's not good enough, find a way to go back to Pasadena, don't wait to win your way

back.

Since you reference Job, his family was taken away from him..he suffered physically, he suffered losses beyond any sense of loss most of us can feel

today - our own arrogance and desire to have things we think we deserve make what are very minimal losses seem monumental.

You know better, you became wiser and humble and have grown up?

I don't think so.

I think bitterness is not far behind what you are feeling now. Unless you get a better outlook on life, you may not deserve to win at all.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        51064 Posts
        Posted: December 15, 2009, 11:56 am - IP Logged

When God created us, He put seeds of increase on the inside. We were never made to reach one level and stop. We were created to grow, to move forward, and to increase despite opposition that may come against us. Yet, all throughout life, there will be forces of darkness trying to work against you and push you down, limiting your influence and keeping you from taking any new ground. But you don't have to let it keep you down. You have the Almighty God living on the inside, and because of that, He anoints you do all things through His strength. His anointing on your life is just like oil; when something tries to stop you or hold you down, it doesn't have a chance; it will just slide off. If you're going to become everything God has created you to be, you can't get stuck in a rut and think you've reached your limits whenever opposition comes. You've got to keep stretching your faith, looking for new opportunities, new ideas, and new ways to expand your influence. You have to stand in faith, knowing the power of Almighty God in your life! God's spirit makes you uncontainable, but you have to rise up with a holy determination and release your faith so that nothing will keep you down because you know that the force in you, the Spirit of Almighty God, is far greater than any force in the world trying to contain you. Dare to take steps of faith and believe in God's uncontainable power inside of you.

Listen Here!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
          Member #91
          January 19, 2002
          12008 Posts
          Posted: December 15, 2009, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

"In life to be honest I've failed as much as I've I have succeeded.

But I love my wife, and I love my life,

and I wish you,,,,

My kind of success!" -Dickey Fox

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

United States
            Member #83769
            December 14, 2009
            8 Posts
            Posted: December 15, 2009, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

And I have suffered the really nasty side of acts of god.

What kind of acts?

Entertaiment Capital
              United States
              Member #37800
              April 19, 2006
              302 Posts
              Posted: December 16, 2009, 12:00 am - IP Logged

And I have suffered the really nasty side of acts of god.

What kind of acts?

It's really hard to explain.

See, I stopped believing in god because I came to realize that someone that almighty can't be moral or good. I came to a fearful revelation that a personal God can't be moral because he has no restriction or restraints. But being a maltheist is very stressful, so I decided to abandon the belief of god to preserve my sanity.

United States
                Member #83701
                December 13, 2009
                225 Posts
                Posted: December 24, 2009, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

No matter how much you "deserve" to win, someone deserves it more.    There's a lot of suffering in the world and regardless of our trials, we are still very blessed.   In 2001, the Doctors expected me to be dead within two to five years, does that mean I deserve anything?   If you do win, it would be what you do with the winnings that will determine how deserving you are not what you have suffered through so far.

Monkey Butt, USA
                  United States
                  Member #54569
                  August 23, 2007
                  1124 Posts
                  Posted: December 25, 2009, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

I have a question for you........

Did you suffer from bad decisions you made or were you a true victim of acts of GOD?

When we are in the process of paying our dues for bad decisions, it is always convienent to blame GOD for our woes-troubles-hard times-etc......

When we are reaping the benefits of our good decidions it is convenient to omit giving GOD credit for our success.

You said yourself that you quit the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena 11 years ago. That was a decision you made that you now regret.

You are in the process of graduating from a state university in January, with a degree in fine art and you feel that your skill level is very inadequate for your own standard.

Once again a decision you made and saw through to the end.

I've learned during my many-many-moons in existance that when it is something you really want you get it no matter the obstacles. I've seen it with myself and many many others.

You say you deserve to win.............

If you believe that, then you will do what you know you have to do, and win.

Those that can, DO!!!

Those that can't, TALK ABOUT IT!!!

Are you a do'er or a dreamer? What creative actions are you backing your words with? What is your level of confidence in yourself and your skills? These are questions only you can answer. Only you know the true nature of yourself and your situation.

What do you intend to do to incrase your skill level to your standard?

Remember:

An excuse is like an azzhole. Everybody's got one.  No Pity!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: December 25, 2009, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

I don't understand people who say thank you God for letting me hit the lottery when they hit..If God was here he would tell you not to gamble..He would say I'm not helping you in anyway so if you do gamble it's up to you if you win or lose..I'm sure he would say good luck cause that's what it is,luck...

Set4life's avatar - 2554
                      East Hampton, NY
                      United States
                      Member #41995
                      June 25, 2006
                      1137 Posts
                      Posted: December 25, 2009, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

<snip> drugs are bad!!!  i wonder if he is really 34 yrs old..must be a bad fart joke.Evil Uhh

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

$Group Hug$

FOR THE WIN!

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                        Santa Ana
                        United States
                        Member #71159
                        February 20, 2009
                        651 Posts
                        Posted: December 26, 2009, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

It's really hard to explain.

See, I stopped believing in god because I came to realize that someone that almighty can't be moral or good. I came to a fearful revelation that a personal God can't be moral because he has no restriction or restraints. But being a maltheist is very stressful, so I decided to abandon the belief of god to preserve my sanity.

You really need to explain why you have lost your faith in GOD--when that is the only thing to believe in and to hold on too.  God is almighy, moral and good and you need to read chapter and versus the entire book of Job to see just what he went through. You cannot compare his situation to yours yet, he endured at the end with stronger faith and will.  KEEP ON PRAYING AND DON'T GIVE UP YOUR DREAM NO MATTER WHAT LIFE THROWS IN YOUR FACE.

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: December 27, 2009, 11:51 am - IP Logged

are you a soldier? because TECHNICALLY soldiers SHOULD have the right to win the lotto or Powerball more than anybody else..

I´ve only heard of 1 soldier winning Powerball...

There are to be a lottos for soldiers...

what is soldiers, police officers and doctors and heads of state they have the the first right more than anyone else to win the lotto/Powerball...I think that should be in any country...

i ask because your location says: Afganistan...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: December 27, 2009, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

are you a soldier? because TECHNICALLY soldiers SHOULD have the right to win the lotto or Powerball more than anybody else..

I´ve only heard of 1 soldier winning Powerball...

There are to be a lottos for soldiers...

what is soldiers, police officers and doctors and heads of state they have the the first right more than anyone else to win the lotto/Powerball...I think that should be in any country...

i ask because your location says: Afganistan...

Heads of state have the first right more than anyone else to win the lotto/Powerball?

This ain't no banana republic pumpi. This is the United States of America, the greatest nation on Earth. We don't put up with dictators like Manuel Noriega. Heads of state are owed no special treatment in this country. Especially the one we have now.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke