Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:22 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A question for Illinois scratcher players...

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 7 years ago by pipefighter.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Talking Rock, GA
United States
Member #60369
April 15, 2008
398 Posts
Posted: December 21, 2009, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

I asked the Illinois Lottery via email if they had detailed prize odds available for all of their instant games.  I received a response earlier today and they stated that the detailed prize odds are on the back of each ticket.  I know that the overall odds of winning is usually printed on the back of the ticket, but I wouldn't have thought that the detailed prize odds would also be printed on the back as well.

Can any of you Illinois scratcher players confirm that?  I'm just wanting to be sure the people at the Illinois Lottery aren't mixing the overall and detailed prize odds up (and/or be sure they're not trying to give me the runaround, sorta like what the GA Lottery was trying to do for a while).

Just an FYI if you're confused...when I mean detailed prize odds, I mean something like this -- a listing of prizes and the odds of hitting *that* particular prize (e.g. in the link, odds of a $2 breakeven is 1 in 7, a $90 winner is 1 in 3,784, etc.).  I'm not talking about the overall odds of winning for a ticket.

Thanks a bunch!

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
    Illinois
    United States
    Member #82001
    November 3, 2009
    890 Posts
    Posted: December 22, 2009, 10:52 am - IP Logged

yup they are on back

United States
      Member #83701
      December 13, 2009
      225 Posts
      Posted: December 28, 2009, 1:01 am - IP Logged

I asked the Illinois Lottery via email if they had detailed prize odds available for all of their instant games.  I received a response earlier today and they stated that the detailed prize odds are on the back of each ticket.  I know that the overall odds of winning is usually printed on the back of the ticket, but I wouldn't have thought that the detailed prize odds would also be printed on the back as well.

Can any of you Illinois scratcher players confirm that?  I'm just wanting to be sure the people at the Illinois Lottery aren't mixing the overall and detailed prize odds up (and/or be sure they're not trying to give me the runaround, sorta like what the GA Lottery was trying to do for a while).

Just an FYI if you're confused...when I mean detailed prize odds, I mean something like this -- a listing of prizes and the odds of hitting *that* particular prize (e.g. in the link, odds of a $2 breakeven is 1 in 7, a $90 winner is 1 in 3,784, etc.).  I'm not talking about the overall odds of winning for a ticket.

Thanks a bunch!

It really sucks when they only publish the prizes claimed for the top tier prizes.   It should be like the Texas lottery website where all the up to date claim information is available for download in a csv file for easy importation into Excel.   Write your lottery commission and complain.

crete,il
        United States
        Member #79371
        August 30, 2009
        20 Posts
        Posted: January 4, 2010, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

at the illinois lottery website, there is a page that has remaining prizes and the tickets with the odd listed for each ticket they sell. check there all the info your looking for is there. by the way the only odd there are for winning is losing fo me.