Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

North Carolina Mega Millions News

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 7 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
JordanT1021's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
North Carolina
United States
Member #53121
June 24, 2007
6499 Posts
Posted: December 22, 2009, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

I just got off the phone with the North Carolina Lottery. I was calling to ask about when megamillions was going to start in north carolina. I just had to make sure b/c I live in NC and Virginia is only about a 45 minute drive for me. I always have the same set of powerball and megamillions number that I play. My tickets expire after tonights draw and I had to call nc to see the exact date of when megamillions starts in North Carolina so I know how many advanced draws I need to buy for Megamillions.

Well to make a long story short North Carolina is going to offer the mega play or mega ply, whatever you wanna or whatever ncel is going to call it. it is just like powerball where you can multiply your winnings but it is going to be a NCEL exclusive.

My main question is, " Does any other mega millions state offer this option. I have not heard of this being exclusive.

Quoted by favor4:

Your winning number is not under attack. It's about to HIT. So Hang In There"

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1704 Posts
    Posted: December 22, 2009, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

I just got off the phone with the North Carolina Lottery. I was calling to ask about when megamillions was going to start in north carolina. I just had to make sure b/c I live in NC and Virginia is only about a 45 minute drive for me. I always have the same set of powerball and megamillions number that I play. My tickets expire after tonights draw and I had to call nc to see the exact date of when megamillions starts in North Carolina so I know how many advanced draws I need to buy for Megamillions.

Well to make a long story short North Carolina is going to offer the mega play or mega ply, whatever you wanna or whatever ncel is going to call it. it is just like powerball where you can multiply your winnings but it is going to be a NCEL exclusive.

My main question is, " Does any other mega millions state offer this option. I have not heard of this being exclusive.

It is my understanding that the Mega Million game does not offer a Power Play option like Powerball, so therefore it would be a NC exclusive.  Hope the state can afford it.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: December 22, 2009, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

It is my understanding that the Mega Million game does not offer a Power Play option like Powerball, so therefore it would be a NC exclusive.  Hope the state can afford it.

Actually, there is an option like Power Play for Mega Millions. It's called Megaplier. And I believe, at the moment, that Texas is the only state that currently offers it. But, many states like my state (Idaho) who will also be getting Mega Millions, will also have the choice of using the Megaplier option.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."