Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

More whacky ways of number selection, from "The Institute"

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: December 24, 2009, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

We've done one of these before, and there will probably be some repeats, but share your "whacky" ways of picking numbers, all games.

Whacky Number Selection Methods

From the Institute for the Lottery Insane

• Coming to LP, picking a thread, and using Replies and Views as a Pick 3 or 4.
  • Seeing posts with the same time, even if it's 12 hours apart, playing the time.
  • Using the Countdown til 2012 clock for numbers.
  • http://countdown2012.org/
  • Taking Pumpi's post count, mulitplying it by Pi, then getting the sqaure root of the answer. Then take the last three digits of the square root, and go "up and down", +1, -1, +1.
  • Subtracting the Cleveland Brown's last score from 20.
  • Combining the Bears, Rams, and Browns scores, and adding 75 - for a Pick 3!
  • Adding up all the goals scored in the NHL the previous night and using the total for bonus ball number in 5 + 1 games.

tbc, hopefully!

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
    FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: December 24, 2009, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

For pick 3:  # of total points scored on Bears turnovers minus # of Bears total points.  Use whole season stats.

For pick 4:  same as above but substitute yards for points.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10344 Posts
      Posted: December 24, 2009, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Good one Rick.

Not having a "Monsters of the Midway" year exactly, are they?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40293 Posts
        Posted: December 24, 2009, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

sometimes i get tired of pouring over charts and graphs , and i'll just play my license plate or my checking balance hoping to add to it. i hit my license plate twice in one day. i bought tickets for midday and evening same number 419 fell str both drawings. then lucky me had to have a root canal started the very next day. I think the lottery fairy his in cahoots with people who want my money.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: December 25, 2009, 12:04 am - IP Logged

* Looking at peoples post counts and playing those numbers.
          * Playing the numbers on the clock whenever you wake up in the middle of the night.
          * Playing licence plate numbers.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
            Miami
            United States
            Member #62793
            July 9, 2008
            673 Posts
            Posted: December 25, 2009, 3:10 am - IP Logged

I take the number of times Pumpi warns of impending global doom multiplied by the number of times Tiggs proclaims it's all a waste of time anyway minus the average number of run-on sentences per thread then I do the +123, -111 rundown. I've hit hits six times since Tuesday with this method. Shhhhhh.....

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

United States
              Member #81843
              October 31, 2009
              856 Posts
              Posted: December 25, 2009, 10:43 am - IP Logged

I clean out the vacuum cleaner and count the dust mite ratio of alive to dead and divide that by the the inverse of their combined weight.

Then I throw a dog-chew in the bag with the dust mites and wait 15 minutes to compare the before/after weight of the dog-chew. 

That gives me the decay ratio for computations.

Somewhere along the line I use Pi and mod 10 the values. (the secret formula). It hasn't worked yet, but it sure kills a lot of time.

DD

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                Portland,Oregon
                United States
                Member #14387
                April 25, 2005
                229 Posts
                Posted: December 25, 2009, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Write all the numbers of what ever game you're going to play on little slips of paper or card board. Line them up on the edge of the dining room table. Play the ones the cats knock on the floor.

Alternative: put all of the above pieces of paper or cardboard into your favorite hat. Have your 2 or 3yo child/grandchild/niece/nephew/neighborkid pick numbers out of the hat - and play those

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                  Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #49980
                  February 21, 2007
                  34096 Posts
                  Posted: December 26, 2009, 8:07 am - IP Logged

I just did yesterday! LOL!  Works everytime!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                    Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #49980
                    February 21, 2007
                    34096 Posts
                    Posted: December 26, 2009, 8:09 am - IP Logged

Write all the numbers of what ever game you're going to play on little slips of paper or card board. Line them up on the edge of the dining room table. Play the ones the cats knock on the floor.

Alternative: put all of the above pieces of paper or cardboard into your favorite hat. Have your 2 or 3yo child/grandchild/niece/nephew/neighborkid pick numbers out of the hat - and play those

That's how it is done! Good Luck!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: December 26, 2009, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Mine is a complex system involving the number of empty Jack Daniels bottles laying around, cigarette butts in the ashtray and junk cars lined up in the driveway out in front of the trailer. I then divide that by the number of ex-wives and then add the number of women who wish I was dead and then totals of how many of my dogs are trying to hump my leg while I'm on the computer.

Don't use this system yet though, it still needs a little tweaking.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
                        Member #76986
                        July 10, 2009
                        8034 Posts
                        Posted: December 27, 2009, 8:40 pm - IP Logged
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10344 Posts
                          Posted: January 2, 2010, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

Before you delete the e-mails in your Deleted folder, notice how many there are and how many unread, voila, a Pick 3 or Pick 4 waiting to be played!

Wink

Lep

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3490 Posts
                            Posted: January 3, 2010, 12:15 am - IP Logged

I am getting to like this man!!  Too funny!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                              Panama
                              Member #73078
                              April 4, 2009
                              3490 Posts
                              Posted: January 3, 2010, 12:17 am - IP Logged

rdgrnr is the man, I am getting to like this man!!  Too funny!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina