Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 12:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why not a Lotto/Powerball for Ameirican Soldiers...

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: December 27, 2009, 11:56 am - IP Logged

you say you love your troops you say you honor them AND YET there is no Powerball for American soldiers or anyone who serve in the Military...

What kind of Payback is that...If it wasnt for soldiers the USA probably wouldnt exist and thats how you pay your soldiers...

I am talking about a cross states Powerball ONLY for Soldiers...

what you all think...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: December 27, 2009, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

You know i am totally dissappointed in America, SO MANY Americans that act like they are IT with their wealth, and yet NOBODY, i repeat, it has not occurred to NOBODY, to take some money and place it in the bank at: 5% or 6% and let the earned interest pay for a: ¨FREE PRIVATE LOTTO/POWERBALL, you know like a: FREE PRIVATE PICK6¨ only for American soldiers...Dude NOBODY....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

United States
      Member #24503
      October 23, 2005
      159 Posts
      Posted: December 27, 2009, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

for the same reason soldiers getting in trouble with pay day loans was the impetus for actual CHANGE in pay day loan laws.  recipe for disaster for the military to make gambling something official.  that's not even thinking about how playing an official soldiers-only powerball could affect someone's advancement up or down.

besides, soldiers aren't paid very well until they make a career of it, but the benefits (living and dead) of being a soldier outstrip being a regular civilian.   what are soldiers playing for? playing to make enough money to get OUT of the military, or what?  just can't agree with it, on my end.  i am not military, so my opinion is mud.

are you military? if you are, is a soldiers-only powerball really want troops want?  why?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: December 27, 2009, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

You know i am totally dissappointed in America, SO MANY Americans that act like they are IT with their wealth, and yet NOBODY, i repeat, it has not occurred to NOBODY, to take some money and place it in the bank at: 5% or 6% and let the earned interest pay for a: ¨FREE PRIVATE LOTTO/POWERBALL, you know like a: FREE PRIVATE PICK6¨ only for American soldiers...Dude NOBODY....

Our Armed Forces are all volunteers pumpi. I'm sure if they wanted anything free they'd ask for it. Most Americans are too proud to ask for or take handouts or charity though. We like to take care of ourselves and keep the government out of our lives as much as possible.

Why did you leave Panama for Costa Rica? They have good bananas there.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
          Chicago
          United States
          Member #70678
          February 8, 2009
          889 Posts
          Posted: December 27, 2009, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

you say you love your troops you say you honor them AND YET there is no Powerball for American soldiers or anyone who serve in the Military...

What kind of Payback is that...If it wasnt for soldiers the USA probably wouldnt exist and thats how you pay your soldiers...

I am talking about a cross states Powerball ONLY for Soldiers...

what you all think...

Sorry Pumpi I may be an American but I don't make the rules.

United States
            Member #54390
            August 17, 2007
            313 Posts
            Posted: December 27, 2009, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I think that's a poor idea.  They kick you out if you won the lottery so it wouldn't make sense.

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: December 27, 2009, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

I think that's a poor idea.  They kick you out if you won the lottery so it wouldn't make sense.

well what if you win you get the cash prize after your 5 year or 10 year contract is up...I dont know but i would think that most people in the military are not in the military for life, they are usually for 5 or 10 year contract...

Plus there will only be 1 winner per week or 2 winners per week that´s 48 or 52 winners in a year (or maybe less than that) really not a lot of difference if you account the bulk of the USA military...

You are giving your life for your country you should have extra priveledges if not the same priviledges anyone else have...

And if you noticed i said a: Free Lotto for American Soldiers....Even if they pay you can ask for I.D or have an I.D purchasing or a card with limits on how many tickets you can purchase...Example..$3 per week no more than that...

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7341 Posts
                Posted: December 28, 2009, 10:22 am - IP Logged

well what if you win you get the cash prize after your 5 year or 10 year contract is up...I dont know but i would think that most people in the military are not in the military for life, they are usually for 5 or 10 year contract...

Plus there will only be 1 winner per week or 2 winners per week that´s 48 or 52 winners in a year (or maybe less than that) really not a lot of difference if you account the bulk of the USA military...

You are giving your life for your country you should have extra priveledges if not the same priviledges anyone else have...

And if you noticed i said a: Free Lotto for American Soldiers....Even if they pay you can ask for I.D or have an I.D purchasing or a card with limits on how many tickets you can purchase...Example..$3 per week no more than that...

"Plus there will only be 1 winner per week or 2 winners per week that´s 48 or 52 winners in a year (or maybe less than that) "

As usual your math is fizzy. There are 52 weeks in a year so it would either be 52 or 104 winners a year. And don't forget you said "PB or MM type lotto" where jackpots start at $12 or $18 million.

"really not a lot of difference if you account the bulk of the USA military."

I'm assuming this means part of your jackpot package includes an automatic discharge. What are your secondary prizes; a trip to Iraq or Afghanistan?

What about veterans of passed wars; don't you think they should be included too?

"You are giving your life for your country you should have extra priveledges if not the same priviledges anyone else have..."

You are confusing patriotism with mercenaries. When did winning a lottery become a privilege so sough after, citizens are willing to risk their lives for? Do you really believe those hero's that stormed the beaches at Anzio, Normandy, Imo Jimo, and hundreds of other places would do it again for a chance at winning a free lotto?

Recently 39 year-old Bill Cardles completed basic training at Ft. Knox, Kentucky. Cardles was laid off and didn't want his health insurance to lapse because his wife has cancer so he decided to join the Army. It's possible some day Cardles will be risking his life, but it certainly won't be for chance at a lotto.

"And if you noticed i said a: Free Lotto for American Soldiers"

Just another addition to your ever growing list of free lottos with no thought of how they will be funded?

Pumpi while I understand you heart is in the right place, you have no idea why thousands of Americans stood in line on December 8, 1941 to enlist in the U.S. Army, Navy, or Marines. Nor do you understand while we could do much better for all of our American Veterans, making a handful of soldiers mulit-millionaires will not accomplish that.