Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

El Gordo sounds much better than MM or PB!

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Entertaiment Capital
United States
Member #37800
April 19, 2006
302 Posts
Posted: December 28, 2009, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Relatively smaller prizes for more people out there? That sounds more reasonable than MM or PB. Why doesn't US create such kind of lottery game?

And, I stated this in my previous post. Why don't more states have "Win a certain amount of money per week for life"? Doesn't that sound more reasonable? NY has it. CA used to have "$1000 per week for life". Nobody needs to win 20 to 30 millions. Guys like me just want to go back to school and finish some glorified trade schools called art colleges. Some people will just want to pay off college tuitions. Some people will just want to pay off the mortgage. Or business loan.

I guess the reasonable amount to win is about 500K to 1mil for a lumpsum or 2000~3000 bucks a week.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: December 28, 2009, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Relatively smaller prizes for more people out there? That sounds more reasonable than MM or PB. Why doesn't US create such kind of lottery game?

And, I stated this in my previous post. Why don't more states have "Win a certain amount of money per week for life"? Doesn't that sound more reasonable? NY has it. CA used to have "$1000 per week for life". Nobody needs to win 20 to 30 millions. Guys like me just want to go back to school and finish some glorified trade schools called art colleges. Some people will just want to pay off college tuitions. Some people will just want to pay off the mortgage. Or business loan.

I guess the reasonable amount to win is about 500K to 1mil for a lumpsum or 2000~3000 bucks a week.

The annuities in PB and MM are basically the same as any Win For Life game. If you check the fine print on any WFL you'll usually find they don't really mean for life when they say for life. It's usually guaranteed for a prescribed number of years just like the PB and MM annuities. Calling it Win "For Life" sells a lot more tickets than calling it what it really is though, an annuity with an expiration date. And in these times, when the government is broke and still spending like drunken sailors I wouldn't put a whole lotta faith in government guarantees anyway. Especially concerning money.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke