Welcome Guest
You last visited September 21, 2017, 1:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cash Register Sweepstakes

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 8 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #83701
December 13, 2009
225 Posts
Posted: December 28, 2009, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

A lot of stores such as Walgreens now offer monthly draws for prizes of $1,000 to $3,000 dollars for filling out a customer satisfaction survey.   Do you spread out your purchases between multiple trips in order to increase the number of chances that you have in such draws?   Seems like playing a lottery for free and even the slimmest chance divided by zero cost is a good investment.

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
    Illinois
    United States
    Member #82001
    November 3, 2009
    890 Posts
    Posted: December 28, 2009, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Are you talking about the ones printed on receipts and such? Personally I don't trust them because it could just be a telemarketing scam. I would rather pay my dollar for a legit chance at a real prize.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      50224 Posts
      Posted: December 28, 2009, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

I tried it once and took a forty minute on line survey only to find 15 more companies wanting me to do a survey. at no point was i told your in the drawing for the walgreens 3000 . never even asked for the serial number on the receipt. i really regret giving purchasing info , and in case anyone is wondering i prefer colgate over crest anyday. be careful.

Stand for the Flag,  Kneel for the Cross.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: December 28, 2009, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

I tried it once and took a forty minute on line survey only to find 15 more companies wanting me to do a survey. at no point was i told your in the drawing for the walgreens 3000 . never even asked for the serial number on the receipt. i really regret giving purchasing info , and in case anyone is wondering i prefer colgate over crest anyday. be careful.

sully, sully, sully, move to Tennessee and you won't need toothpaste. Your teeth fall out as soon as you get here and you can save money on all that hygiene stuff. You don't need teeth for beans and cornbread anyway. Then you can spend all that toothpaste money on Tennessee sippin' whiskey and lottery tickets. On top of that, you can learn how to juggle snakes and clog dance. Betcha Michigan ain't got that!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          50224 Posts
          Posted: December 28, 2009, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

sully, sully, sully, move to Tennessee and you won't need toothpaste. Your teeth fall out as soon as you get here and you can save money on all that hygiene stuff. You don't need teeth for beans and cornbread anyway. Then you can spend all that toothpaste money on Tennessee sippin' whiskey and lottery tickets. On top of that, you can learn how to juggle snakes and clog dance. Betcha Michigan ain't got that!

sounds good , got some good music there too! good luck tennessee!

Stand for the Flag,  Kneel for the Cross.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
            Chicago
            United States
            Member #70678
            February 8, 2009
            889 Posts
            Posted: December 29, 2009, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Are you talking about the ones printed on receipts and such? Personally I don't trust them because it could just be a telemarketing scam. I would rather pay my dollar for a legit chance at a real prize.

These sweepstakes are for real but the problem with online sweepstakes is they do take advantage and try to get alot of information about you. If you read thru the official rules many times there is an alternate means of entry such as writing your name address phone number and sometimes age on a 3/5 paper or sometimes unlined index card and mailing it in an envelope.

The ones to watch out for(whether online or something you receive in the mail) are the ones that say you won something but you need to send x-number of dollars for shipping. Also if you didn't enter how could you possibly have won something?  Believe me if you win something the delivery costs will be paid. If you win a car YOU ARE responsible for the tax, license and registration fees.