Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Years Eve or Day Lottery

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #83701
December 13, 2009
225 Posts
Posted: December 29, 2009, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

In hopes of a better year, would you play a lottery draw on New Year's Eve or on New Year's Day?   I'm asking cause I just noticed that the next Texas Two Step is on New Year's Eve while the Mega Millions draw after today would be on New Year's Day.   The first in hopes of being a winner before the new year starts and the latter would be in hopes of becoming a winner on the first day of the new year.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: December 29, 2009, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

I'd play 'em both and hope for the best.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
      Chicago
      United States
      Member #70678
      February 8, 2009
      889 Posts
      Posted: December 29, 2009, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

I'd play 'em both and hope for the best.

I was thinking the same thing! Why not play them both!

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
        Kansas
        United States
        Member #83963
        December 19, 2009
        347 Posts
        Posted: December 29, 2009, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Oh yes, I would play both, too!!

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10351 Posts
          Posted: December 29, 2009, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

jwhou,

You don't have to wait for the day of the drawing to play Mega Millions.

Play them both on New Year's Eve!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            CA
            United States
            Member #57222
            December 23, 2007
            587 Posts
            Posted: December 29, 2009, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

In hopes of a better year, would you play a lottery draw on New Year's Eve or on New Year's Day?   I'm asking cause I just noticed that the next Texas Two Step is on New Year's Eve while the Mega Millions draw after today would be on New Year's Day.   The first in hopes of being a winner before the new year starts and the latter would be in hopes of becoming a winner on the first day of the new year.

New Year's Eve falls on my lucky day, thursday, so i will play 8 fantasy Five QPs.  I won't play on Friday since thats Mega Millions day, puke.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5600 Posts
              Posted: December 30, 2009, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

Tomorrow morning I will buy my Tx 2 Step tic, my MM tic for Friday, and my Tx Lotto tic for Saturday. I usually buy my tics on Mondays and Thursdays.

That would be incredible to win on Thursday (get out of debt money) and then MM on Friday (retirement money).

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM.