Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Any Numbers? Once Upon a Blue Moon 12-31-2009

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LadyMylena.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
FLATRANSPLANT's avatar - yocco
South Florida
United States
Member #71280
February 22, 2009
15492 Posts
Posted: December 29, 2009, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Magical things happen once upon a blue Moon. And this Thursday we get a chance to find out just what those magical things as we watch the rare lunar event coincide with all the beautiful fireworks of New Year's Eve.

Blue Moon is the term applied to the second full Moon in a calendar month. It's an event that occurs roughly every two and a half years. This Thursday's blue Moon is far rarer than that though, because it's happening right on New Year's Eve—a coincidence that happens only about once in every twenty years.

DREAMtoREALITY's avatar - lighthouse
    South Florida
    United States
    Member #81890
    November 1, 2009
    4959 Posts
    Posted: December 29, 2009, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Magical things happen once upon a blue Moon. And this Thursday we get a chance to find out just what those magical things as we watch the rare lunar event coincide with all the beautiful fireworks of New Year's Eve.

Blue Moon is the term applied to the second full Moon in a calendar month. It's an event that occurs roughly every two and a half years. This Thursday's blue Moon is far rarer than that though, because it's happening right on New Year's Eve—a coincidence that happens only about once in every twenty years.

295-2905 (Full moon occurs every 29.5 days)

121 (12 full moons for 1 year)

205 ( Blue moon occurs every 2.5 years)

019 (New year's blue moon occurs every 19 years)

1990 (Last time  a blue moon for the new year)

2028 (The next blue moon  to start the new year)

Just playing with the facts about  the rarity of 2 full moons in a  month... Good Luck and have a healthy and prosperous  2010

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
      Kansas
      United States
      Member #83963
      December 19, 2009
      347 Posts
      Posted: December 29, 2009, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Oh I know, isn't that fantastic? I have been looking forward to this. Three days before, and three days after the full moon are powerful days, as well.... and that means right now. Star

I have my fingers crossed for good luck in tomorrow night's drawings. I need all the luck I can get!

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman