Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 10:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Blue Moon System this Friday

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Iron Station, NC
United States
Member #74828
May 21, 2009
69 Posts
Posted: December 30, 2009, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Ever hear the saying "Yea, once in a Blue Moon" well, this Friday 12/31/09 is a Blue Moon a month when you have two Full moons in a month. It does happen several times in a year, but it’s been more than 10 years since it happen on the last day of the year, and it will not happen again until 2028. So it is a find of a special Blue Moon. And if your one of that person like I am that get that Weird, funny kind of feeling on a full moon night, where you can’t sleep well, wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like your finger nails and teeth have grown out and your back has long black hairs and you’re too scared to get up and turn the light on and look in the mirror. Then this Friday night may be our specialty, lucky night. I know that the rent money in my pocket is due the next day, the 1st, but if I won the lottery I could pay rent for a year, or even buy and pay for house and never have to pay rent again, because I just have that feeling that the Blue Moon means I’m going to need to buy every lottery ticket I can get my hands on. Cause his type of night will not happen again for 18 years, so I’ve got to do it this Friday night, and yes I will wait till after dark to purchase my tickets. So if your one of those Full Moon kind of person like I am, you need to get some lottery tickets this Friday. No matter what you have to do, no mater who tells you not to, you need to spend every dollar you can get your hands on because this is the Blue Moon night for us, were going to hit the Jackpot this time, then we will be able to help others, to do what we’ve always wanted to and have fun doing it. So get out there and purchase them Lottery tickets NOW.

(Paid for by your Local Lottery Company)

Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
    OHIO
    United States
    Member #4164
    March 27, 2004
    14586 Posts
    Posted: December 30, 2009, 10:20 am - IP Logged

Thanks, for the informative information......

"I am what I am by the grace of God."

Kitfany

http://www.ohiolottery.com/

mdmegamillplyr's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
      Baltimore, MD
      United States
      Member #67219
      November 20, 2008
      105 Posts
      Posted: December 30, 2009, 10:42 am - IP Logged

FYI This coming Friday is January First, not December 31st ;p

Jack-C's avatar - us
        San Diego, CA
        United States
        Member #61467
        May 24, 2008
        28146 Posts
        Posted: December 30, 2009, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Ever hear the saying "Yea, once in a Blue Moon" well, this Friday 12/31/09 is a Blue Moon a month when you have two Full moons in a month. It does happen several times in a year, but it’s been more than 10 years since it happen on the last day of the year, and it will not happen again until 2028. So it is a find of a special Blue Moon. And if your one of that person like I am that get that Weird, funny kind of feeling on a full moon night, where you can’t sleep well, wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like your finger nails and teeth have grown out and your back has long black hairs and you’re too scared to get up and turn the light on and look in the mirror. Then this Friday night may be our specialty, lucky night. I know that the rent money in my pocket is due the next day, the 1st, but if I won the lottery I could pay rent for a year, or even buy and pay for house and never have to pay rent again, because I just have that feeling that the Blue Moon means I’m going to need to buy every lottery ticket I can get my hands on. Cause his type of night will not happen again for 18 years, so I’ve got to do it this Friday night, and yes I will wait till after dark to purchase my tickets. So if your one of those Full Moon kind of person like I am, you need to get some lottery tickets this Friday. No matter what you have to do, no mater who tells you not to, you need to spend every dollar you can get your hands on because this is the Blue Moon night for us, were going to hit the Jackpot this time, then we will be able to help others, to do what we’ve always wanted to and have fun doing it. So get out there and purchase them Lottery tickets NOW.

(Paid for by your Local Lottery Company)

The blue moon is on THURSDAY 12/31/2009.  It does NOT happen several times in a year.  The next blue moon after this one will be on August 31, 2012. 

Iron Station, NC
          United States
          Member #74828
          May 21, 2009
          69 Posts
          Posted: December 30, 2009, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Your right its Thrusday, not Friday.  But according to NBC news the next Blue Moon on the last day of the year will be in 2028

Jack-C's avatar - us
            San Diego, CA
            United States
            Member #61467
            May 24, 2008
            28146 Posts
            Posted: December 30, 2009, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Your right its Thrusday, not Friday.  But according to NBC news the next Blue Moon on the last day of the year will be in 2028

But there are not blue moons every year.  That was my point.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23349 Posts
              Posted: December 30, 2009, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Mystical forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                51178 Posts
                Posted: December 30, 2009, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

Once in a Blue Moon... is a common way of saying not very often, but what exactly is a Blue Moon?

According to the popular definition, it is the second Full Moon to occur in a single calendar month.

The average interval between Full Moons is about 29.5 days, whilst the length of an average month is roughly 30.5 days. This makes it very unlikely that any given month will contain two Full Moons, though it does sometimes happen.

On average, there will be 41 months that have two Full Moons in every century, so you could say that once in a Blue Moon actually means once every two-and-a-half years.

YYYY/M/D Full/Blue Moon
                2009 Dec 2nd and 31st
                2012 Aug 2nd and 31st
                2015 Jul 2nd and 31st
                2018 Jan 2nd and 31st
                2018 Mar 2nd and 31st
                2020 Oct 1st and 31st

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10392 Posts
                  Posted: December 30, 2009, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

A blue moon is lik Raven described above, the second full moon in a calendar month.

A blue moon on New Year occurs every 19 years.

From Yahoo news;

The popular definition of blue moon came about after a writer for Sky& Telescope magazine in 1946 misinterpreted the Maine Farmer'sAlmanac and labeled a blue moon as the second full moon in a month. Infact, the almanac defined a blue moon as the third full moon in aseason with four full moons, not the usual three.

Though Sky& Telescope corrected the error decades later, the definitioncaught on. For purists, however, this New Year's Eve full moon doesn'teven qualify as a blue moon. It's just the first full moon of thewinter season.

In a tongue-in-cheek essay posted on themagazine's Web site this week, senior contributing editor Kelly Beattywrote: "If skies are clear when I'm out celebrating, I'll take a peekat that brilliant orb as it rises over the Boston skyline to see ifit's an icy shade of blue. Or maybe I'll just howl."

A full moon occurs every 29.5 days, and most years have 12. On average,an extra full moon in a month — a blue moon — occurs every 2.5 years.The last time there was a lunar double take was in May 2007. New Year'sEve blue moons are rarer, occurring every 19 years. The last time wasin 1990; the next one won't come again until 2028.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.