Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Thought about True Drawings vs. Computerized Drawings

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rowlettewheel.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
Northern Virginia
United States
Member #83350
December 5, 2009
1317 Posts
Posted: December 31, 2009, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

I had a thought the other day about true drawings and computerized drawings. 

I am not sure how the lottery computers come up with their numbers, but from what I learned in statistics class calculators generate "random" numbers off a number line, which is merely a long string of numbers. For example, if the night's picks are 703 / 8694 / 1-4-23-37-40, a possible number line is  ...70386940104233740...). If this is true, the numbers in computer-generated drawings might be predetermined. I do not know where this number line comes from. But if this is how the numbers are generated.

So, with a computer, the order that the numbers appear in is essentially predetermined. It does not matter how many drawings there are in a day, the numbers will come out in the same order - supposing a separate number line is used for each game - but with mechanical drawings, this is not the case. So Arkansas would have had 427 as its first winning Pick-3 number whether or not day drawings existed at the start of the game, and 118 would have been the second, but if Arkansas had drawn 427 from a ping-pong ball machine for its first drawing at 12:59 PM and 118 for the second number at 6:59 PM, Arkansas would have had 118 as its first number if they did not do day drawings. 

This is a rough draft and might not be very clear. If you think you see something that needs clarification, let me know and I will try to fix it.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

CA
    United States
    Member #84266
    December 26, 2009
    410 Posts
    Posted: December 31, 2009, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Computerized random generated numbers can never truely be random because they are governed by algorithms.

pick4hawk's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif

United States
      Member #19982
      August 9, 2005
      226 Posts
      Posted: January 1, 2010, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

I had a thought the other day about true drawings and computerized drawings. 

I am not sure how the lottery computers come up with their numbers, but from what I learned in statistics class calculators generate "random" numbers off a number line, which is merely a long string of numbers. For example, if the night's picks are 703 / 8694 / 1-4-23-37-40, a possible number line is  ...70386940104233740...). If this is true, the numbers in computer-generated drawings might be predetermined. I do not know where this number line comes from. But if this is how the numbers are generated.

So, with a computer, the order that the numbers appear in is essentially predetermined. It does not matter how many drawings there are in a day, the numbers will come out in the same order - supposing a separate number line is used for each game - but with mechanical drawings, this is not the case. So Arkansas would have had 427 as its first winning Pick-3 number whether or not day drawings existed at the start of the game, and 118 would have been the second, but if Arkansas had drawn 427 from a ping-pong ball machine for its first drawing at 12:59 PM and 118 for the second number at 6:59 PM, Arkansas would have had 118 as its first number if they did not do day drawings. 

This is a rough draft and might not be very clear. If you think you see something that needs clarification, let me know and I will try to fix it.

Comparing a calculators RNG to the lotttery RNG--Cannot be done directly.

Calculator more than likely does not use thermal noise for it to begin its sequence.

The genuine lottery uses binary RNGS or what is called True RNG.

Calculator uses a linear type of equation and uses the a fractional remainder as an RNG.

Hope this helps

HAWK

*We may see something that isn’t there because of what we expect to see

Or conversely, we may not see something because we don’t expect to see it.*

LAKE HAVASU AZ
        United States
        Member #44729
        August 8, 2006
        446 Posts
        Posted: January 2, 2010, 9:20 am - IP Logged

Patrioti wish they would do ONLY true drawings,,i like  to see them draw the numbers , im not much on the computor gambling like slot machines and ect thats why i like playing roulette ...Cheers