Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So long guys

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 7 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
South Florida
United States
Member #82132
November 6, 2009
112 Posts
Posted: December 31, 2009, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

My gambling career is over in about 5 hours. It'll be had to quit as it was a somewhat fun, challenging hobby that kept me busy and mildly entertained especially during nights of extreme boredom, but I've already endured far too much financial damage to let it continue any longer....an amount that is enough to drive some people insane (or worse). And even though my major losses had nothing to do with playing the lottery, gambling in general has literally gotten me nowhere after 2 years, and there's no better time for me than now to put an end to this phase. 

Happy new year, good luck to you all, and I hope all your persistence pays off one day (especially since mine never did). Win it for people like me...the ones out there who deep down would love to keep playing and fighting for it like the best of em...but had to come to terms with the reality (far too late) that enough was enough.

Take care

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
    Clarksville
    United States
    Member #487
    July 15, 2002
    17638 Posts
    Posted: December 31, 2009, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

My gambling career is over in about 5 hours. It'll be had to quit as it was a somewhat fun, challenging hobby that kept me busy and mildly entertained especially during nights of extreme boredom, but I've already endured far too much financial damage to let it continue any longer....an amount that is enough to drive some people insane (or worse). And even though my major losses had nothing to do with playing the lottery, gambling in general has literally gotten me nowhere after 2 years, and there's no better time for me than now to put an end to this phase. 

Happy new year, good luck to you all, and I hope all your persistence pays off one day (especially since mine never did). Win it for people like me...the ones out there who deep down would love to keep playing and fighting for it like the best of em...but had to come to terms with the reality (far too late) that enough was enough.

Take care

You are wise to get out now specially if your gambling has over taken your financial responsibilities and caused you harm.  This time next year, if you stick with it, you may have nice next egg to take a nice vacation with.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

columbus, GA
      United States
      Member #67676
      December 2, 2008
      2870 Posts
      Posted: December 31, 2009, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

good luck to you

LEELEESMOMMY's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
        NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #66834
        November 8, 2008
        432 Posts
        Posted: December 31, 2009, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Good luck to in your journey to a new lifeHyper

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: December 31, 2009, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

Take care

Hate to see ya go recoveryroad but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Good luck to you on whatever road you take next.

Ridgerunner

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
            Member #54390
            August 17, 2007
            313 Posts
            Posted: December 31, 2009, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

you've made the right choice. Good luck int he future.

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40420 Posts
              Posted: December 31, 2009, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

I'm a small time player,and i hope my gambling never gets out of control but, just maybe someone reads your post and realizes they to have make some new choices , maybe your saying goodbye will help someone else and that good karma will come your way. take care and have a good life!

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
                Kansas
                United States
                Member #83963
                December 19, 2009
                347 Posts
                Posted: December 31, 2009, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Take care, and bless your heart, for at least trying this long, and finally deciding to do what is best for you. I think you will be very impressed, with where your life leads you, from here. May this bring you a new sense of hope, and change for your future, and may you prosper in this new year. 

Lovies

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                  Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: December 31, 2009, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

The Florida lottery might be sad to see you go, after all, a Dollar is a Dollar and they want all that they can get, of course not to worry as there are more were you came from, as one goes away another one comes in, besides the state always win.

I look at "Deal Or No Deal" and more often than not those who "play" it, don't win much money at all, due to their being so greedy, they want to win the "jackpot", the big price, they won't take 30 to 100 Thousand Dollars and so they end-up winning from 1 to 10 Thousand Dollars, so many get 1 Thousand or less, when they could had won 10 to 30 Thousand if they were not so greedy.

I guess that with so many people it is either all or nothing.

Neither the lotteries nor that show are about to go broke no time soon if ever.

While maybe we would all want to get rich quick, the lotteries are the ones getting rich quick.

The lottery thanks you and wants you to know that they could not do it (Getting Rich) without you and the others.

----------------

It is wise of you to quit, better late than never.

Good Luck!

By the way, I didn't write that stuff for you at all as you are already quitting, but for some others.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: December 31, 2009, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

My best friend who died in 1970 at 30 years old would probably wish he was in your shoes and lost his ass but he's dead so it won't happen..Good luck..I have out lived him 39 years and will gamble till I die..

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19825 Posts
                      Posted: December 31, 2009, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

recoveryroad,

Sounds like you have made a new year resolution, hope you have better luck keeping it than most.  Good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                        Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #56506
                        November 21, 2007
                        6537 Posts
                        Posted: January 1, 2010, 12:44 am - IP Logged

It sounds like you are doing what is best for you and that is a good thing. Good luck with your endeavours recoveryroad. Yes Nod

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                          Dump Water Florida
                          United States
                          Member #380
                          June 5, 2002
                          3103 Posts
                          Posted: January 1, 2010, 1:09 am - IP Logged

I have a lot of respect for anyone who can see what needs to be done and takes quick and decisive action to see it through.   May your road to recovery be all downhill for you RecoveryRoad. 

BobP

This is why I don't send people my new year resolutions, I might actually have to make good on some of them.

Milwaukee, WI
                            United States
                            Member #3131
                            December 27, 2003
                            665 Posts
                            Posted: January 1, 2010, 1:12 am - IP Logged

Illinois has a self exclusion form.  It sets you so you are not allowed to win in Illinois, therefore you are not tempted to gamble...

MarkP

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                              Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #49980
                              February 21, 2007
                              34130 Posts
                              Posted: January 1, 2010, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Good luck to you, I made the same choice to stop playing the 3 and 4 digit, I might play the Mega Million 4 times a month. If this has been destroying you life, then it is a good thing for you to quit. Stand Strong in your beliefs! Good Luck to you! Happy New Year and may you have a Properous one and a Healthy one. I think I will start invest in shares for the year of 2010. I am glad you can do this buy your self.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.