Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 12:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

At what point Do you; and can you even Stop Playing!!

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 7 years ago by PlraX.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: January 7, 2010, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

I was having a friendly fire side chat,Dunk with Coin Toss about the degenerate players like myself, and began to wonder if I decided to stop could I? or would I even want to!  and then I ask myself, why wouldn't I want to. It could have its pluses, I could use the time I spend with pencil and paper and write, or start a childrens school, or do another two laps when I run in the morning! Hhhhmmm!  I might be on to something, Thanks coin toss.   On the other hand maybe... nah!   What about you.

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: January 7, 2010, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

I think someday I will, not yet!.

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10389 Posts
      Posted: January 7, 2010, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

I never said you, jrosina, was a generate.

I said using the word "invest" in regards to any form of gambling was a mark of a degenerate gambler, which any GA counselor would tell anyone.

Buono Fortuna

Lep

As far as at what point do you stop playing?

Maybe when you ask yourself that very question.

(You as in anyone).

You could probably say this applies to many things, and not just money, also time.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: January 7, 2010, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Stand corrected!!!    I am asking, I am asking Coin Toss!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8391 Posts
          Posted: January 7, 2010, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

I was having a friendly fire side chat,Dunk with Coin Toss about the degenerate players like myself, and began to wonder if I decided to stop could I? or would I even want to!  and then I ask myself, why wouldn't I want to. It could have its pluses, I could use the time I spend with pencil and paper and write, or start a childrens school, or do another two laps when I run in the morning! Hhhhmmm!  I might be on to something, Thanks coin toss.   On the other hand maybe... nah!   What about you.

I think about it nearly every time i purchase my tickets and then again after i see the draws results. It called gambling. It addictive and it's treatable if you really want to stop.

Ever drank to much booze and said the next day never again, and then that same night or a few nights later drank again.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
            Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #85037
            January 7, 2010
            253 Posts
            Posted: January 7, 2010, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

I think scratchoffs are harder to stop, espeically if you play them right.  For example I spent $80 yesterday and won $150.  I took those back, added an extra $20 and won $200.  I'm going back tomorrow and buying some more.  Good thing I don't live next to the store I buy them from or this might be an all night thing LOL

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: January 7, 2010, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

Ah Lucky4life,  you see I would never buy scratchoffs, it is not my game; nor is lotto I have not lerned this game.  But if you know how, I whish you winnings every day. 

So winning can be addictive, I don't do too badly,  if you look at my preddicions you will see that my pen and paper and handicap tech works for me, In spite of what some say, I still believe the Lottery is not random.  And so I win very often.  Heres to you Lucky4life,  win on!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                Member #85037
                January 7, 2010
                253 Posts
                Posted: January 7, 2010, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Ah Lucky4life,  you see I would never buy scratchoffs, it is not my game; nor is lotto I have not lerned this game.  But if you know how, I whish you winnings every day. 

So winning can be addictive, I don't do too badly,  if you look at my preddicions you will see that my pen and paper and handicap tech works for me, In spite of what some say, I still believe the Lottery is not random.  And so I win very often.  Heres to you Lucky4life,  win on!!!

Thank you for the kind words, I wish you much luck in 2010!!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: January 7, 2010, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

I am a roving gambler

I gamble all around

Whenever I see a deck of cards

I lay my money down, boy

I lay my money down

I've gambled down in Shreveport

I've gambled out in Spain

I won my first wife shootin' dice

And I lost her in a poker game.

I can't see any reason anybody would want to quit unless it's causing some calamity like a whiskey shortage or something like that.  Seriously though, if it's not impacting your life in a negative fashion, why would anybody want to quit? It's just a hobby and can be a very inexpensive one at that. I know there are some people without discipline that can play themselves into financial ruin with it but I would say they're in the minority. 99% of players will be fine as long as they're somewhat disciplined and don't go into it thinking they can make a living at it.

I would continue playing even if I hit the big one just because I think it's fun.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: January 7, 2010, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

WOah!!  Thank you Rdgrnr!!!   I almost got convinced by the family well-wishers that I should stop!  It was beginning to give me some kind of anxiety attach but just hearing those wise words of yours just put things back into perspective for me! Lets play on Hyper

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
                      Kansas
                      United States
                      Member #83963
                      December 19, 2009
                      347 Posts
                      Posted: January 7, 2010, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

WOah!!  Thank you Rdgrnr!!!   I almost got convinced by the family well-wishers that I should stop!  It was beginning to give me some kind of anxiety attach but just hearing those wise words of yours just put things back into perspective for me! Lets play on Hyper

LMAO! Rdgrnr has that effect, doesn't he? I love his outlook, and his posts brighten my day. If you "play on" jrosina, I'm wishing you all the luck in the world!!!Wink

I'm not going to stop playing either, Rdgrnr, even when I win. It will surely take the pressure off of trying to get a big jackpot, but I will still play for fun, because I enjoy it. I think there's a real system, and the numbers are not truly random. I don't think my brain will rest...it will still keep trying to figure it out.

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: January 7, 2010, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

LMAO! Rdgrnr has that effect, doesn't he? I love his outlook, and his posts brighten my day. If you "play on" jrosina, I'm wishing you all the luck in the world!!!Wink

I'm not going to stop playing either, Rdgrnr, even when I win. It will surely take the pressure off of trying to get a big jackpot, but I will still play for fun, because I enjoy it. I think there's a real system, and the numbers are not truly random. I don't think my brain will rest...it will still keep trying to figure it out.

LadyMylena!   We are a group of trully special people.Party

I am in compleat agreement with You LadyMylena!Mail For Youyou just read my mail!!! and you will find their system, because we know it's not random!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                          Member #85037
                          January 7, 2010
                          253 Posts
                          Posted: January 7, 2010, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

I agree, I work from home so I don't spend money on gas, I don't smoke, I don't really drink so I have to have SOMETHING to do to pass the time so why not something that can potentially pay off my Bills? White Bounce

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
                            Kansas
                            United States
                            Member #83963
                            December 19, 2009
                            347 Posts
                            Posted: January 8, 2010, 2:12 am - IP Logged

Did you leave me a message? If you did, I don't see one in my box. lol

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                              Miami, FLA
                              United States
                              Member #62793
                              July 9, 2008
                              678 Posts
                              Posted: January 8, 2010, 3:24 am - IP Logged

The guys at my job spend their disposable cash on golf (plus accessories), strip clubs, motorcycles, new cars, iphones, blu rays, stereo equipment, flat screens, and guns; lots and lots of guns and ammo.

I, on the other hand, don't do any of those things. Aside from playing my games, my only indulgence is to take the wife and kid to dinner 2-3 times a month. Having a lottery ticket in my wallet brings me the kind of joy I imagine they get from those things. It's the thrill of knowing that on any given day my life, as well as many others I'll touch if I'm blessed will be changed forever by all the great things I plan to do.

Don't get me wrong, I like a pole and a g-string as much as the next guy, but that's a waste of money.

So no, I don't think I'll be stopping anytime soon.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace