Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Game call date versus game close date

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 7 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #83701
December 13, 2009
225 Posts
Posted: January 8, 2010, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

I've just noticed that the Texas $20 Super Set For Life Game has a Game Call Date of 1/17/2010 while it's game close date is 3/3/2010.   I had known about the latter date but just noticed the call date.   This means that they begin to pick up unsold tickets on 1/17/2010 from the retailers.   Hopefully it also means that all tickets are currently out at retailers otherwise it would be possible for it to be impossible to win that one unclaimed top prize.   It certainly means that as of 1/17/2010, it may be impossible to win that top prize as it may have been recalled.   Of course, since their central database actually knows which store the top prize wound up at when the pack gets activated, they could potentially pick up from that store last but I don't see that happening cause then you could infer from the pick up schedule as to which stores to avoid buying from.

Is there any indication that all tickets will be out at retailers before the call date? or is it always possible for winning tickets to never get out of a warehouse?

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5603 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2010, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

I've just noticed that the Texas $20 Super Set For Life Game has a Game Call Date of 1/17/2010 while it's game close date is 3/3/2010.   I had known about the latter date but just noticed the call date.   This means that they begin to pick up unsold tickets on 1/17/2010 from the retailers.   Hopefully it also means that all tickets are currently out at retailers otherwise it would be possible for it to be impossible to win that one unclaimed top prize.   It certainly means that as of 1/17/2010, it may be impossible to win that top prize as it may have been recalled.   Of course, since their central database actually knows which store the top prize wound up at when the pack gets activated, they could potentially pick up from that store last but I don't see that happening cause then you could infer from the pick up schedule as to which stores to avoid buying from.

Is there any indication that all tickets will be out at retailers before the call date? or is it always possible for winning tickets to never get out of a warehouse?

Good question.

Might be a good idea to e mail Tx Lottery Commission.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)