Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Numbers

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Dollar419.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Litebets27's avatar - power
Maryland
United States
Member #10465
January 14, 2005
6065 Posts
Posted: January 8, 2010, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

The CBS show called "Numbers" will focus on "Probability" related to winning jackpot games.

I know that it is a fictitious show, but then....so are some of the workouts that we use to come up with the numbers we play daily. Green laugh

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

Maryland
    United States
    Member #10465
    January 14, 2005
    6065 Posts
    Posted: January 8, 2010, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

The CBS show called "Numbers" will focus on "Probability" related to winning jackpot games.

I know that it is a fictitious show, but then....so are some of the workouts that we use to come up with the numbers we play daily. Green laugh

10pm EST.

Come on Jackpot!!!

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
      Ohio
      United States
      Member #49980
      February 21, 2007
      34091 Posts
      Posted: January 8, 2010, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

Jack Pots there you go!!!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
        Member #1987
        August 5, 2003
        8968 Posts
        Posted: January 8, 2010, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

WOW! Run Forrest, run...only it is a woman this time around!

I need an ice cold Pepsi after that.

Thanks for the heads up about the show. 

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49615 Posts
          Posted: January 8, 2010, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

The crooks were looking for a $5,000,000 Scratch-Off Ticket!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Maryland
            United States
            Member #10465
            January 14, 2005
            6065 Posts
            Posted: January 8, 2010, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

WOW! Run Forrest, run...only it is a woman this time around!

I need an ice cold Pepsi after that.

Thanks for the heads up about the show. 

Green laugh

Your welcome!

Come on Jackpot!!!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10344 Posts
              Posted: January 9, 2010, 10:08 am - IP Logged

I wish they would do a program about the probability of hittimng a jackpot but lasy noght NUMB3RS was about a team that was stealing scratchers so they could decode the serial numbers that had big winning tickets.

The one they were really after was the $5 million winner.

No way to know if it's accurate, but they said scratchers are 50% of the lottery's business, and they have the best odds.

One of the characters was a former jackpot winner who put on seminars for other winners. One of the things he said was everyone will treat them different now and not be shy about asking for oney because they got lucky and didn't earn it. Then he said the did earn it, by deciding to buy the ticket. Interesting.

Later on it was revealed that he had blown all his winnings.

One thing was very interesting, the FBI agents' brother, the mathematician said, "Lottery is a game of numbers. When you really ubnderstand the numbers it spoils it for you."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19815 Posts
                Posted: January 9, 2010, 10:25 am - IP Logged

One thing was very interesting, the FBI agents' brother, the mathematician said, "Lottery is a game of numbers. When you really ubnderstand the numbers it spoils it for you."

May be he meant, once you really understand the numbers it spoils it for others because others don't like to see others win easily.

Maybe one the LP member who have studied the numbers of a particular lottery and had some nice wins could write a story of their experience and send it in to Numb3r for consideration.  Maybe not since that show deal with crime and it wouldn't be crime to win the lottery using your knowledge of numbers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10344 Posts
                  Posted: January 9, 2010, 10:31 am - IP Logged

May be he meant, once you really understand the numbers it spoils it for others because others don't like to see others win easily.

Maybe one the LP member who have studied the numbers of a particular lottery and had some nice wins could write a story of their experience and send it in to Numb3r for consideration.  Maybe not since that show deal with crime and it wouldn't be crime to win the lottery using your knowledge of numbers.

I think he was talking about futility but Yogi himself couldn't have outdone you on what you said about spoiling it!

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19815 Posts
                    Posted: January 9, 2010, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

I think he was talking about futility but Yogi himself couldn't have outdone you on what you said about spoiling it!

Green laugh

If that be true, may I never wise up and learn the futility of my efforts to create a system to win a MegaMillions jackpot.

Idea

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Maryland
                      United States
                      Member #10465
                      January 14, 2005
                      6065 Posts
                      Posted: January 9, 2010, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

I wish they would do a program about the probability of hittimng a jackpot but lasy noght NUMB3RS was about a team that was stealing scratchers so they could decode the serial numbers that had big winning tickets.

The one they were really after was the $5 million winner.

No way to know if it's accurate, but they said scratchers are 50% of the lottery's business, and they have the best odds.

One of the characters was a former jackpot winner who put on seminars for other winners. One of the things he said was everyone will treat them different now and not be shy about asking for oney because they got lucky and didn't earn it. Then he said the did earn it, by deciding to buy the ticket. Interesting.

Later on it was revealed that he had blown all his winnings.

I thought that all of the statistics concerning the amount of jackpot winners that go broke was pretty interesting.

I also wander if there is a support group of pass winners who have gone broke somewhere out there.

I bet there would be alot of gambling going on there. 

(Umh...that gives me an idea!!!) Shifty

Come on Jackpot!!!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8359 Posts
                        Posted: January 9, 2010, 1:25 pm - IP Logged
                        What was meant by mathematicians understanding the numbers and spoiling it for you is the odds of winning a jackpot game are astronomical, that being the case the more you delve into the mathematics of the lottery it's less likely you'll be concerned with winning the lottery as it's an impossible task to predict randomness.

And unless someone has a Pumpi super computer with unlimited amount of ram and has written a program to predict random numbers well you know the rest...... see Pumpi's blogs on what a super computer can do.

All in all i thought it was a good show.

Coin Toss scratch offs make up the largest percentage of income for every state that sells them here in Maryland a million dollars a day is spent on scratch offs. Were a small state compared to others with approximately 5.6 million people.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                          marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                          Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #49980
                          February 21, 2007
                          34091 Posts
                          Posted: January 9, 2010, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

Too bad you don't live in GA! LOL!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

United States
                            Member #73512
                            April 16, 2009
                            106 Posts
                            Posted: January 9, 2010, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I knew this would be posted here.  I love numb3rs and seeing an episode dealing with the lottery was well overdue.  Though I have to admit, I got a little annoyed at Charlie with his anti lottery rhetoric, but his dad got him good!  Evil Smile

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: January 9, 2010, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Green laugh

"That place is so crowded nobody goes there anymore"

~ Yogi

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke