Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Abbreviated or Key Wheels: Help needed with Covermaster

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 7 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Singapore
Member #85324
January 13, 2010
5 Posts
Posted: January 13, 2010, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

First of all, I am new here and would like to greet "Hello!" to everyone. And hopefully I am posting in the right place. My qns goes like this.. I want to create either an abbreviated or a 4 key number wheel out of a total of 12~14 handpicked numbers. Say for example my numbers are 1)1  2)3  3)9  4)12  5)15  6)18  7)21  8)24  9)27  10)30  11)33  12)36 ect.. I am using Covermaster but after reading about the manual I am still pretty clueless about customising (especially if I want to input my own numbers for the program to wheel) it the way that I have mentioned above. As I am a real beginner I hope what I am saying makes sense and also your help would be much appreciated. See Ya!

PlraX's avatar - large flag_of_dominican_republic.gif
    Deeping in Ramdoness
    Dominican Republic
    Member #73824
    April 25, 2009
    238 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2010, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

you can use

experlotto SOFTWARE or Advanced Lotto Tool..

BEST REGADs

and good luck

i will get MY COUNTRY jackpot..

THE SMARTER PEOPLE ...are succesfull, person

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19824 Posts
      Posted: January 13, 2010, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

First of all, I am new here and would like to greet "Hello!" to everyone. And hopefully I am posting in the right place. My qns goes like this.. I want to create either an abbreviated or a 4 key number wheel out of a total of 12~14 handpicked numbers. Say for example my numbers are 1)1  2)3  3)9  4)12  5)15  6)18  7)21  8)24  9)27  10)30  11)33  12)36 ect.. I am using Covermaster but after reading about the manual I am still pretty clueless about customising (especially if I want to input my own numbers for the program to wheel) it the way that I have mentioned above. As I am a real beginner I hope what I am saying makes sense and also your help would be much appreciated. See Ya!

CoverMaster doesn't generate a wheel with your numbers, it generates a custom wheel with a fixed set of numbers with 3 to 7 positions and then you substitute those numbers with your own numbers.   It doesn't generate wheels with key numbers, you have to generate a wheel for the positions not key and add the key numbers to the generated wheel.  For example if you wanted a wheel with 3 key numbers and 15 other numbers for a pick6 game then you would generate a 3 position wheel for 15 numbers and add your 3 key numbers and substitute your 15 numbers to each line after they are generated.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
        Beautiful Florida
        United States
        Member #5709
        July 18, 2004
        20108 Posts
        Posted: January 13, 2010, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

A 15 number wheel with 3 keys, generates 120 combinations.

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3102 Posts
          Posted: January 13, 2010, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

Your combinations would have to be for 7 numbers to make a wheel with 4 key numbers in CoverMaster because the smallest combinations CoverMaster makes is for 3 numbers with a 2 number guarantee. 

For 6 number combinations with 4 keys you simply use all the remaining numbers to make pairs, or if you have the budget for it play all the remaining numbers against each other and add the 4 keys to each pairing.

BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19824 Posts
            Posted: January 13, 2010, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

CoverMaster doesn't generate a wheel with your numbers, it generates a custom wheel with a fixed set of numbers with 3 to 7 positions and then you substitute those numbers with your own numbers.   It doesn't generate wheels with key numbers, you have to generate a wheel for the positions not key and add the key numbers to the generated wheel.  For example if you wanted a wheel with 3 key numbers and 15 other numbers for a pick6 game then you would generate a 3 position wheel for 15 numbers and add your 3 key numbers and substitute your 15 numbers to each line after they are generated.

CoverMaster generated the following lines for 3 position using 15 numbers. The first 5 lines guarantee a match 1 if any of the 15 numbers hit and all 39 lines guarantee a match 2 if three of the 15 numbers hit.  When you add the key numbers A, B and C your guaranteed hit will change accordingly.  The number of lines generated depends on the guaranteed match you want.

1  2  3
             4  5  6
             7  8  9
            10 11 12
            13 14 15
            ---------
             1  4  7
             1  5  8
             1  6  9
             1 10 13
             1 11 14
             1 12 15
             2  4  8
             2  5  7
             2  6 10
             2  9 11
             2 12 13
             3  4  9
             3  5 10
             3  6  7
             3  8 11
             3 12 14
             4 10 14
             4 11 13
             5  9 12
             5 11 15
             6  8 12
             7 10 15
             2  3 15
             2  5 14
             3  5 13
             4  6 15
             4  7 12
             6  7 11
             6  7 13
             6  7 14
             8  9 10
             8  9 13
             8  9 14
             8  9 15

The following 5 lines would guarantee a match 4 if all 3 key numbers ABC and one of the other 15 numbers hit.

A B C 1  2  3
            A B C 4  5  6
            A B C 7  8  9
            A B C 10 11 12
            A B C 13 14 15

Combining the 3 key numbers ABC with all 39 lines would guarantee a match 5 if all 3 key numbers and three of the other 15 numbers hit. To guarantee a match 6 if all 3 key numbers and 3 of the other 15 numbers hit would take 455 lines.  CoverMaster also allows you to check the coverage percentage.

Evil Looking       

Singapore
              Member #85324
              January 13, 2010
              5 Posts
              Posted: January 14, 2010, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Thank you all for your replies. So from RJOh's reply am I correct to infer that CoverMaster cannot wheel with either single or multiple key numbers? Say for example, if I need a 3 key wheel out of 15 numbers in a pick 6 game. Then, in order to work around this, I would first have to do a 3 position wheel with CoverMaster like what RJOh has suggested. And if I interpreted correctly, the remaining other 3 positions (the 3 key numbers) shall have to be manually added. Lastly, there are is one thing that I am still unclear about. That is setting CoverMaster to match 6 numbers which mine is unable to do, only up to 5 matching numbers in a line, my CoverMaster is v0.54 by the way..

Singapore
                Member #85324
                January 13, 2010
                5 Posts
                Posted: January 14, 2010, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

A 15 number wheel with 3 keys, generates 120 combinations.

Enlightening.. MADDOG10 If its possible, can I ask you how or what you use to arrive at 120 combinations.

Singapore
                  Member #85324
                  January 13, 2010
                  5 Posts
                  Posted: January 14, 2010, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

Your combinations would have to be for 7 numbers to make a wheel with 4 key numbers in CoverMaster because the smallest combinations CoverMaster makes is for 3 numbers with a 2 number guarantee. 

For 6 number combinations with 4 keys you simply use all the remaining numbers to make pairs, or if you have the budget for it play all the remaining numbers against each other and add the 4 keys to each pairing.

BobP

Thanks. Yes, I only just realised that the smallest wheel CoverMaster can give is a 3 position wheel and the easy way to work around this would be to get a pick 7 instead as you suggested or else I will have to play the other combinations in pairs for all my remaining numbers which I am getting dizzy from the very thought of it. Crazy Also, where or how do I create a 2 position wheel?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19824 Posts
                    Posted: January 14, 2010, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Thank you all for your replies. So from RJOh's reply am I correct to infer that CoverMaster cannot wheel with either single or multiple key numbers? Say for example, if I need a 3 key wheel out of 15 numbers in a pick 6 game. Then, in order to work around this, I would first have to do a 3 position wheel with CoverMaster like what RJOh has suggested. And if I interpreted correctly, the remaining other 3 positions (the 3 key numbers) shall have to be manually added. Lastly, there are is one thing that I am still unclear about. That is setting CoverMaster to match 6 numbers which mine is unable to do, only up to 5 matching numbers in a line, my CoverMaster is v0.54 by the way..

Lastly, there are is one thing that I am still unclear about. That is setting CoverMaster to match 6 numbers which mine is unable to do, only up to 5 matching numbers in a line, my CoverMaster is v0.54 by the way..

I have the same version.  I don't think you can generate a full wheel with CoverMaster.  You might want to down load a copy of Maybells QuickWheel from Lotto-Logix too, its has some wheeling possibilities that you might like also.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7302 Posts
                      Posted: January 15, 2010, 9:21 am - IP Logged

BobP

I have a program that creates Pick-5 and Pick-6 abbreviated wheels where I can apply filters, but lose the win guarantee. The program can create a full 5005 combination 15 number Pick-6 wheel and I can apply E/O, H/L, sums, consecutive, decade, etc. filters that greatly reduces the number of combinations too. 

Is there a wheeling program where I could create a 3 if 3 of 15 numbers abbreviated wheel from a full 15 number wheel that has been filtered and reduced?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19824 Posts
                        Posted: January 15, 2010, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

Is there a wheeling program where I could create a 3 if 3 of 15 numbers abbreviated wheel from a full 15 number wheel that has been filtered and reduced?

Problem is once a full wheel has been reduced it's no longer a full wheel.   What ever you end up with you can check it with CoverMaster to see if the 3 if 3 guarantee exists and if not it can add a few lines until it does.  It also allows you to mark any combinations you don't want replaced or changed and it will work around those combinations even if you optimize the wheel.

Evil Looking       

Dump Water Florida
                          United States
                          Member #380
                          June 5, 2002
                          3102 Posts
                          Posted: January 15, 2010, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

CoverMaster makes 3 if 3 of 4, 5, 6 or 7 wheels no problem.

You can't filter wheel place holder pointer numbers, they're the wheel's matrix.  Once you exchange your numbers for the pointers you can filter out (remove) the combinations you don't care for, destroying the guarantee in the process. 

Other software allows you to build the wheel around the filters which gives you a conditional guarantee.   Lotwin starts with a full wheel of your chosen numbers up to all the numbers, lets you apply filters and  if that doesn't take it down enough you can reduce that to a lesser guarantee.   If you happen to have a copy of Lottohat or Advanced Lotto Tool you can pretty much do the same thing, maybe LottoExpert too and the Free Wheeling tool you can get from the Lottery Director site.   

Sorry if I left anyone out, get yourself a LP membership and you can talk about what your software can and can't do like I did provided you don't advertise or do tech support as I understand the rules.   In other words be a vaulable resource to all lottery players not a salesman for your product.   Yes Nod

BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19824 Posts
                            Posted: January 16, 2010, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

CoverMaster makes 3 if 3 of 4, 5, 6 or 7 wheels no problem.

Right, but if the wheels are very large it will take over your computer for a very long time.

Evil Looking       

Dump Water Florida
                              United States
                              Member #380
                              June 5, 2002
                              3102 Posts
                              Posted: January 17, 2010, 2:13 am - IP Logged

If you have at least a gig of memory CoverMaster will run in memory making a Pick-6 wheel for 49 numbers no problem, if speed is still an issue change to timed random search one sec, hold off on optimizing until the wheel is built to your selected number of lines.  More memory and it can run in the background while you do other things like visit LP though the [-] won't reduce it you have to click on something else to make CM drop out of sight and when you close that something else CM will pop back up.  Why are you still using v.0.54 you got the latest version v.0.55.2 with my Win Your Lottery by Lotto-Logix book? 

BobP    Coffee