Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Great moments in playslips

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LadyMylena.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: January 14, 2010, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Played a Pick 3 and a Little Lotto. The Little Lotto was for two draws- I marked Mulit Draw, and on another box wrote out 2 DRAWS and checked void.

So the clerk runs them and for some reason the machine kicks back the Little Lotto (it's taken a slip like this many times).  He says no problem, he'll manually put them in.

So he gives me the tockets, Pick 3 is fine, the Little Lotto ticket says;

1 2 3 4 5

1 2 3 4 5   (not the real numbers)

1 draw (s) $   2.00

01/14/2010

Bang Head

Oh well, I guess if I hit solid I'll split the jackpot with myself!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: January 14, 2010, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Doncha love when lottery clerks don't know a play from a draw?

It could pay off though in the event there was 3 or 4 winners.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
      Northern Virginia
      United States
      Member #83350
      December 5, 2009
      1317 Posts
      Posted: January 14, 2010, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

I was driving back home from the University of Georgia on 20 November of last year. When I was in South Carolina, I saw two consecutive "426" license plates, so I decided to play "426." But first, I had lunch at Jack in the Box (I like Jack in the Box, and it's the only one I know about). 

When I was at Jack in the Box, I took my money out of my money clip on the back of my wallet (really a credit card organizer) to pay for my lunch and put the money in my shirt pocket. Then, I went to play "426." I got to the store and, when I went to get my money to pay for it, I couldn't find it! I checked all of my pockets - except the one where I put my money. I gave her my debit card but she said she could not take it for lottery payments (I'm aware you can't use a credit card, but I paid with a debit card once in Virginia without a problem). So I told her to cancel the ticket. I went to the little safe box I had in my car, where I had more money stored, and went back and played again. It was only after I hit the road that I realized I put the money in my shirt pocket.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40511 Posts
        Posted: January 14, 2010, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

I've given the clerk the wrong slips, I did'nt matter my numbers did'nt come in. I've said it before , i need a lottery ticket organizer. keep getting midday mixed with evening.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
          Member #81843
          October 31, 2009
          856 Posts
          Posted: January 15, 2010, 8:21 am - IP Logged

One clerk wants to check for winners after the tickets are printed, before I pay for them. Another cannot add the values of P3 tickets, some are $.50 and some $6.00 and would short the till if I paid less that what is due. Most clerks have to look at draw result tickets I request closely before handing them over. I have a nice collection of those plastic playslip wallets, and still seem to need more~

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7313 Posts
            Posted: January 15, 2010, 8:25 am - IP Logged

Played a Pick 3 and a Little Lotto. The Little Lotto was for two draws- I marked Mulit Draw, and on another box wrote out 2 DRAWS and checked void.

So the clerk runs them and for some reason the machine kicks back the Little Lotto (it's taken a slip like this many times).  He says no problem, he'll manually put them in.

So he gives me the tockets, Pick 3 is fine, the Little Lotto ticket says;

1 2 3 4 5

1 2 3 4 5   (not the real numbers)

1 draw (s) $   2.00

01/14/2010

Bang Head

Oh well, I guess if I hit solid I'll split the jackpot with myself!

I handed a clerk my MM playslip with 2 of my own picks and 3 QPs and after running it through the terminal, she said "that will be $64"! It was an obvious terminal mistake because my playslip was marked correctly and should have cost $5. On any other Ohio Lottery game, the clerk could simply cancel the ticket but all sales are final with MM. I've bought mistakes in the past but not for that big of a mistake and besides I only had about $20 in my pocket.

The clerk tried to make it sound like I made the mistake because she had to buy the $64 ticket so I told her to call her boss while a long line was forming behind me. The $64 ticket didn't even have my picks on it and was for multiple draws. She finally said I didn't have to buy it so I took the same playslip to another store and that terminal printed out the correct ticket.

It made wonder what would happen if a player made a big mistake on their MM playslip and didn't have enough money to pay because somebody has to pay for it.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
              Chicago
              United States
              Member #70678
              February 8, 2009
              889 Posts
              Posted: January 17, 2010, 11:06 am - IP Logged

LOL when the machine wouldn't take my MM playslip 'cause the matrix had changed and I was using an old slip.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                Santa Ana
                United States
                Member #71159
                February 20, 2009
                651 Posts
                Posted: January 17, 2010, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

I've given the clerk the wrong slips, I did'nt matter my numbers did'nt come in. I've said it before , i need a lottery ticket organizer. keep getting midday mixed with evening.

That would be a good idea to set up a lottery ticket organizer; it would help you a lotSmile

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  40511 Posts
                  Posted: January 21, 2010, 10:09 am - IP Logged

a great use for old bet slips...roll them up tight and use them for fire starter logs.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
                    Kansas
                    United States
                    Member #83963
                    December 19, 2009
                    347 Posts
                    Posted: January 21, 2010, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

I was driving back home from the University of Georgia on 20 November of last year. When I was in South Carolina, I saw two consecutive "426" license plates, so I decided to play "426." But first, I had lunch at Jack in the Box (I like Jack in the Box, and it's the only one I know about). 

When I was at Jack in the Box, I took my money out of my money clip on the back of my wallet (really a credit card organizer) to pay for my lunch and put the money in my shirt pocket. Then, I went to play "426." I got to the store and, when I went to get my money to pay for it, I couldn't find it! I checked all of my pockets - except the one where I put my money. I gave her my debit card but she said she could not take it for lottery payments (I'm aware you can't use a credit card, but I paid with a debit card once in Virginia without a problem). So I told her to cancel the ticket. I went to the little safe box I had in my car, where I had more money stored, and went back and played again. It was only after I hit the road that I realized I put the money in my shirt pocket.

I have paid for lottery tickets with my debit card, many times. One day I was on the turnpike (highway) coming home, and stopped at the rest stop and got some tickets, and the clerk told me she just wanted me to be aware that they DID NOT take anything but CASH for lottery tickets, no cards. It was fine, because I was using cash, but I thought it strange. I realize there are a lot of travelers from out of state, that come in and buy tickets, but a debit card is a debit card, isn't it? It wouldn't matter if it was from someone out of state or not, it should debit directly out of their account, and it is cash. Hmmm. I just don't think cashiers are educated about it, or something. They are told no "credit cards", and they think no CARDS. lol

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman