Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why putting money on numbers, seems to change your luck?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 7 years ago by TheGameGrl.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
joplin
United States
Member #45299
August 17, 2006
151 Posts
Posted: January 16, 2010, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Have you noticed, how well you seem to hit when you don't put money on your numbers? 

What changes, is it just money or something else?

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: January 16, 2010, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

It could be the devil???............

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
      Kansas
      United States
      Member #83963
      December 19, 2009
      347 Posts
      Posted: January 16, 2010, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

It could be the devil???............

LMAO!!!!!!! Good one, tiggs. 

It's something, that's for sure. I can be 99% positive certain numbers will come up, and if I play it, it won't. lol

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
        Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: January 17, 2010, 11:55 am - IP Logged

Have you noticed, how well you seem to hit when you don't put money on your numbers? 

People always say that when they quit playing their numbers that that is when their numbers come out.

Also have you noticed that predictions that are not posted anywhere public have a higher chance of winning, but also if the numbers are not bought?

They also say that those who buy lottery tickets are bad at Math, that other-wise they would not buy them.

1 + 1 = ? (Which Devil(s)?)Bat

That brings to mind, T. Tusser 1573 and PT Barnum.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: January 17, 2010, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

As soon as a number is bought, it is in the lottery computer(s).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One reason that we use computers is because they are so good at keepig track of facts and at making stats.

A short list of such things could maybe be, where, when, what, how, how many and how often.

------------------

Don't you just love technology?

------------------

A Dollar is still a Dollar.

1 Dollar, 2 Dollars, 3 Dollars, Etc:

1 Billion Dollars a year or more, money does grow on trees, or at least it appears to, or:

Pennies from Heaven?

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: January 17, 2010, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Did I say 1 Billion? I am wrong!:

http://www.lotteryinsider.com/lottery/texas.htm

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19901 Posts
              Posted: January 17, 2010, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

I usually pick different numbers/combinations every time I play but I do have a set of family birthday numbers(08 14 19 27 34 42) I play when I don't have time to pick some numbers. I checked to see what I would have won if I had played them every drawing in the games I play.

Ohio Classic Lotto:469 drawings would have matched 3 x 6 for $12

Ohio Rolling Cash5:1791 drawings could have matched 2 x 200, matched 3 x 17 and matched 4 x 1 for $670 depending on which 5of6 numbers played.

MegaMillions:801 drawings could have matched 0+1 x 50, 1+1 x 37, 2+1 x 9, 3+0 x 4, 3+1 x 1 and 4+0 x 1 for $629 depending on which numbers I used for megaball.

I would still end up in the hole playing my numbers every drawing.  Sure, I would have done better if I had only played them when they hit but who knows when that is until after it happens?  Facts are if I knew what was likely to hit, I would come out ahead every time no matter which numbers I played.

Conclusion: Players don't notice the numbers of times their numbers don't hit unless they have money on them but do notice when they hit and they don't money on them creating the illusion that their numbers don't hit only when they put money on them .

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19901 Posts
                Posted: January 17, 2010, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

I usually pick different numbers/combinations every time I play but I do have a set of family birthday numbers(08 14 19 27 34 42) I play when I don't have time to pick some numbers. I checked to see what I would have won if I had played them every drawing in the games I play.

Ohio Classic Lotto:469 drawings would have matched 3 x 6 for $12

Ohio Rolling Cash5:1791 drawings could have matched 2 x 200, matched 3 x 17 and matched 4 x 1 for $670 depending on which 5of6 numbers played.

MegaMillions:801 drawings could have matched 0+1 x 50, 1+1 x 37, 2+1 x 9, 3+0 x 4, 3+1 x 1 and 4+0 x 1 for $629 depending on which numbers I used for megaball.

I would still end up in the hole playing my numbers every drawing.  Sure, I would have done better if I had only played them when they hit but who knows when that is until after it happens?  Facts are if I knew what was likely to hit, I would come out ahead every time no matter which numbers I played.

Conclusion: Players don't notice the numbers of times their numbers don't hit unless they have money on them but do notice when they hit and they don't money on them creating the illusion that their numbers don't hit only when they put money on them .

CORRECTION:

I usually pick different numbers/combinations every time I play but I do have a set of family birthday numbers(04 08 19 27 34 42) I play when I don't have time to pick some numbers. I checked to see what I would have won if I had played them every drawing in the games I play.

Ohio Classic Lotto:469 drawings would have matched 3 x 10 for $20

Ohio Rolling Cash5:1791 drawings could have matched 2 x 191 and matched 3 x 20 for $391 leaving out 42 since it's a 5/39 game.

MegaMillions:801 drawings could have matched 0+1 x 56, 1+1 x 36, 2+1 x 11 and 3+0 x 3 for $351 depending on which numbers I used for megaball.

I would still end up in the hole playing my numbers every drawing.  Sure, I would have done better if I had only played them when they hit but who knows when that is until after it happens?  Facts are if I knew what was likely to hit, I would come out ahead every time no matter which numbers I played.

Conclusion: Players don't notice the numbers of times their numbers don't hit unless they have money on them but do notice when they hit and they don't money on them creating the illusion that their numbers don't hit only when they put money on them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  Santa Ana
                  United States
                  Member #71159
                  February 20, 2009
                  651 Posts
                  Posted: January 17, 2010, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

Yes, it's call LOTTO KARMA!!Dance

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
                    Kansas
                    United States
                    Member #83963
                    December 19, 2009
                    347 Posts
                    Posted: January 17, 2010, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

As soon as a number is bought, it is in the lottery computer(s).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One reason that we use computers is because they are so good at keepig track of facts and at making stats.

A short list of such things could maybe be, where, when, what, how, how many and how often.

------------------

Don't you just love technology?

------------------

A Dollar is still a Dollar.

1 Dollar, 2 Dollars, 3 Dollars, Etc:

1 Billion Dollars a year or more, money does grow on trees, or at least it appears to, or:

Pennies from Heaven?

"As soon as a number is bought, it is in the lottery computer(s)."

Exactly. That is precisely WHY the ticket terminals and RNG (or results computer) should NOT be connected...not until AFTER the draw, or they could just have a place to enter the winning numbers into the terminal computer system!!!!Thumbs Up

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10392 Posts
                      Posted: January 17, 2010, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

It's a cosmic thing, lotto balls (and RNGs) have eyes, ears, and no heart. They know what you play and when you don't play it and then let it hit.

Another way the Lottey Fairy entertains herself.

Cards and dice do this, too.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: January 17, 2010, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

"As soon as a number is bought, it is in the lottery computer(s)."

Exactly. That is precisely WHY the ticket terminals and RNG (or results computer) should NOT be connected...not until AFTER the draw, or they could just have a place to enter the winning numbers into the terminal computer system!!!!Thumbs Up

LadyM, WinkTha the Girl!!!  That just about Spells it!!!   You Smart cookie you!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Hans's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                          Monte Carlo
                          France
                          Member #55589
                          October 9, 2007
                          1181 Posts
                          Posted: January 18, 2010, 6:04 am - IP Logged

whoever get the jackpot number is a gift from Gods simple and ebautiful randomness generator.

Strive to predict 8 tickets for 12 numbers with Max ROI for Pick6!

joplin
                            United States
                            Member #45299
                            August 17, 2006
                            151 Posts
                            Posted: January 18, 2010, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

It's a cosmic thing, lotto balls (and RNGs) have eyes, ears, and no heart. They know what you play and when you don't play it and then let it hit.

Another way the Lottey Fairy entertains herself.

Cards and dice do this, too.

Sometimes I think if I picked my numbers and then gave to someone else to play or not, that maybe I

might hit more often.   Picking #"s and playing for real,  influences your choices.  If you are just playing on paper, 

you may be more open and less restricted or stressed.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10392 Posts
                              Posted: January 18, 2010, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Here's the thing though, when you bet your mind you lose your mind.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.