Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: Powerball and state Pick 6

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Guru101.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Will Powerball end state Pick 6 games?

The higher jackpot will rule [ 1 ]  [5.56%]
Let's see $2 or $15 million to start, hmm? [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I'll play everything they offer. [ 6 ]  [33.33%]
Going for PB 5 + 0 and Powerplay beats the Pick 6. [ 4 ]  [22.22%]
I just don't trust the MUSL [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Balls or RNG decides it for me, no RNG. [ 1 ]  [5.56%]
Hint: Play the Pick 6 while you can. [ 3 ]  [16.67%]
I'll play PB and Pick 6 and drop the MM [ 1 ]  [5.56%]
Maybe they'll decrease the Pick 6 matrix [ 1 ]  [5.56%]
Other [ 1 ]  [5.56%]
Total Valid Votes [ 18 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: January 18, 2010, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Using Illinois as an example, Powerball starts Feb 3.

The Illinois Lottery, a 6/52 game starts at $2,000,000. The jackpot progression is an absolute grind, it takes a lot of rollovers to build up.

There are three drawings a week, Mon., Wed. and Sat. Monday will be the only stand alone night for this game. On Wed. and Sat. it will be competing with Powerball.

Do you think adding PB will end this game?

What will you do in your state?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40513 Posts
    Posted: January 18, 2010, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

I think powerball could possibly hurt the classic lotto 47 as well as keno and maybe some scratch offs. fantasy 5 and the 3 and 4 draws are highly popular. right now the raffle is struggling it's been pushed up once already, i was hoping to be rich this wednesday, but i think it will be pushed to feb. I really think powerball is going to take off like a rocket here.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
      Illinois
      United States
      Member #82001
      November 3, 2009
      890 Posts
      Posted: January 18, 2010, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

I think powerball could possibly hurt the classic lotto 47 as well as keno and maybe some scratch offs. fantasy 5 and the 3 and 4 draws are highly popular. right now the raffle is struggling it's been pushed up once already, i was hoping to be rich this wednesday, but i think it will be pushed to feb. I really think powerball is going to take off like a rocket here.

According to MI website when I last saw it, it will be held this Wednesday regardless and looks close to selling out. I am not a fan of state jackpot lotto anyway.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: January 18, 2010, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

The Illinois Lottery, a 6/52 game starts at $2,000,000. The jackpot progression is an absolute grind, it takes a lot of rollovers to build up.

There are three drawings a week, Mon., Wed. and Sat. Monday will be the only stand alone night for this game. On Wed. and Sat. it will be competing with Powerball.

I said balls over RNG but I could have picked 4 or 5 of the other options too.

Tennessee has alreday planned the funeral for it's P6 game on the 29th of this month to make way for MM.

I think states should be willing to try and shake things up before killing these games. Lower the matrices, switch from RNG's to balls, play on different days etc. You never know what little thing will increase player participation.

How about making it the only Sunday Jackpot game? Betcha that would draw some players.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
          Illinois
          United States
          Member #82001
          November 3, 2009
          890 Posts
          Posted: January 18, 2010, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

There is still Sunday, Monday, and Thursday open if states want to hold their own lotto drawing. It may still be viable if they lower the odds.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5603 Posts
            Posted: January 21, 2010, 8:32 am - IP Logged

I don't think Tx will get rid of Tx Lotto. It is drawn on Wed and Sat, same as PB. They haven't let on that they are making any changes anyway. Tx has a particular process involving public comment whenever they make any rule changes in the lottery games.

What I'm thinking might happen sometime down the road is that they will do away with the 2 Step game which is drawn on Mon and Thur and move Lotto to those days so it doesn't compete with PB. That would be a bummer because I win more money on 2 Step than on any other game. Time will tell.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
              Chicago
              United States
              Member #70678
              February 8, 2009
              889 Posts
              Posted: January 22, 2010, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

I chose the maybe they'll  decrease the matrix LOL only cause I was dreamin. Time will tell but I think as long as the pick 6 continues to make a profit and there's enough interest I think it will stay. Plus who knows how many people will continue to play simply because you get 2 plays for a dollar.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #48725
                January 7, 2007
                1953 Posts
                Posted: January 23, 2010, 4:37 am - IP Logged

I will play Pick 6, Powerball, and Mega Millions.

Gonna win.Big Smile