Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

HOT LOTTO may be small potatoes HOWEVER...

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Rowen.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #21574
September 11, 2005
138 Posts
Posted: January 24, 2010, 1:14 am - IP Logged

It is played in 15 jurisdictions:

http://www.powerball.com/hotlotto/hl_map.asp

and sometimes it gets to interesting levels.

So what would it take to get similar recognition and reporting like PB & MM does on THIS site ?

The HL web site (presumably managed by MUSL) does NOT provide CONSOLIDATED results reports and it takes some degree of searching individual jurisdictions for that information.

http://www.powerball.com/hotlotto/hl_totalwinners.asp

Given the advent of cross-selling PB & MM; perhaps non-participating states will take a good look at adding HOT LOTTO !!!

Comments Please.

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
    Kansas
    United States
    Member #83963
    December 19, 2009
    347 Posts
    Posted: January 24, 2010, 1:39 am - IP Logged

I love to play Hot Lotto. Although the jackpots don't get as large as the big games, I enjoy playing it. I have done somewhat well with picking on that game, but no jackpot for me yet. In my observation, the jackpot seems hard to hit, but that's just my opinion. There were only 6 winners last year, and 3 of those were in November and December.  

It has a decent matrix, with 39 regular numbers and 19 hot balls. I too, am disappointed that MUSL can show the consolidated results for PB, but not HL. You'd think they would. I always have to click each state to assess where the winners are, and it's time consuming.

With all of the cross-selling, I'm not sure if many states are going to want to look at adding another game right now. It's kind of nice, having a smaller amount of states selling this one, at least it makes you "feel" like you have a decent chance, and don't have as much competition. The jackpot doesn't get huge, but that's ok, it would still be enough for me, and I'd love to win it.

As far as recognition, I think there are several jackpots, that might hover around the amount of HL, and they don't get the recognition as PB or MM, either. They are the largest though, so that's probably just how it will be. As far as getting some kind of more "in-depth" stats for it on THIS site, I'm sure you'd have to speak to Todd about that.

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5583 Posts
      Posted: January 24, 2010, 11:00 am - IP Logged

Hot Lotto is a computerized draw game.  No fun.

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
        Kansas
        United States
        Member #83963
        December 19, 2009
        347 Posts
        Posted: January 24, 2010, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Yea, you're right about that... but all we've ever had here has been PB, and computerized games. Not much choice. Frown

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
          Illinois
          United States
          Member #82001
          November 3, 2009
          890 Posts
          Posted: January 24, 2010, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

I'm not a fan of Hot lotto even with the bonus play option. With so many few winners, might as play the Mega or PB if you can.