Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

tickets for lottery

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 7 years ago by WilliamJohns.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Lahore
Pakistan
Member #85736
January 22, 2010
16 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2010, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Hi to all,

I am facing a problem and the problem is that buying tickets to get or win a lottery is good idea or not. Please guide me to solve this issue.

With Regards,

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22980 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2010, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Tickets wouldn't sell if people didn't think they had a chance to win.

Whether it's a good idea for you, is up to you.

I don't understand what you want. Actually, I don't see any other reason to buy a ticket...you say to get or win a lottery. Uh, I think that's all

that happens...either you win or you don't. Blue Thinking

You live in Pakistan? You have a lottery? What are your odds?

Ok, the odds of any jackpot game are going to be awfully awful..lol

Play a ticket or two if you want...and good luck to you.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2010, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

Yes...Good luck to you...

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
        Kansas
        United States
        Member #83963
        December 19, 2009
        347 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2010, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Good luck!

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
          Chicago
          United States
          Member #70678
          February 8, 2009
          889 Posts
          Posted: January 25, 2010, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

Johny you need to look inside yourself.  If you feel it's a good idea then it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks...buy the tickets! If for some reason your struggling with the idea of buying tickets and/or playing the lottery then you need to ask yourself why.

People in this forum are going to tell you to buy the tickets.....they play the lottery.

People outside of this forum may say buy the tickets and many who do not play (the lottery) will tell you your just wasting your money.

I'm not trying to discourage you from playing... you can't win if you don't play.

Whatever you decide I wish you the best.......the fact that you joined this forum tells me you want to play : )

Just a thought...spend some time reading the posts to familiarize yourself with the lottery. Learn about the different games available to you as well as the different styles of play etc. Then you can decide if this is still something you want to do. Or you can just take a chance and do it : )

WilliamJohns's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif
            Connecticut
            United States
            Member #83649
            December 12, 2009
            27 Posts
            Posted: January 25, 2010, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

Working is a better way to make money then gambling or playing the lottery.  The lottery is just for fun and we all hope that lightning strikes (we hit big).  We buy tickets to increase the chance of lightning striking.

I just read a story about the New York doorman (Richie Randazzo) who was spending just $30 a week on the lottery and hit a scratch-off ticket for 5 million dollars!  His friend, who is a building supervisor nearby (Ray Otero), has been spending $500 - $700 every week on the lottery for the past 3-4 years and has only had a hand full of small wins of $1,000 and a $2,000 win.  God/Nature chooses where lightning will strike.  Life is not always fair and Ray Otero is a bitter (and seemingly foolish) man.

I am going to use the persistence method - I'll play a moderate amount each week for the rest of my life and if I'm lucky lightning will strike.

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40613 Posts
              Posted: January 25, 2010, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

I have an allowance , when its gone thats it, if i hit i keep playing,

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

WilliamJohns's avatar - Trek HAND3.gif
                Connecticut
                United States
                Member #83649
                December 12, 2009
                27 Posts
                Posted: January 25, 2010, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

I have an allowance , when its gone thats it, if i hit i keep playing,

When I hit lower tier prizes I always feel like I should keep a little bit of the winnings just so I feel like I'm not spending so much.  An example is a $5 scratch off ticket I bought yesterday won $10, so I used $4 of the winnings for more tickets and pocketed the $6 remainder.  I always have a debate with myself over whether I should put my winnings back into the lottery.  I feel like I'd be a fool (or worse - a compulsive gambler) to keep spending all my winnings, but then I could be missing out on an oportunity to win more if I save it!  Decisions...decisions.