Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Yorkers let's fight for Megaplier

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 7 years ago by markp1950.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
megamillionaire's avatar - Sphere animated_small_ neg2.gif
Queens, NY
United States
Member #245
April 15, 2002
451 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2010, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Rant

Since I've been a poster at this site there's been a petition to get the Megaplier for the Mega Million states that don't have it. Now it seems the Powerball states that are getting Mega Millions will have the Megaplier and only Texas  which already has it among the Mega Millions states will keep it. Not fair, I say. Let us New York Lottery players inundate the "Ask New York Lottery, contact us" email site with requests for the reason why we to can't have the Megaplier. New York lottery players Unite.

Evil Looking

Megamillionaire

Time is a wonderful teacher, but it kills all its students.

A man must consider what a rich realm he leaves when he becomes a conformist.

Queens, NY
    United States
    Member #245
    April 15, 2002
    451 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2010, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

Just an addendum to let you all know that Connecticut will be getting Mega Millions with Megaplier. I reminded the powers that be that just as I bought Powerball tickets there before it came to NY I might do the same for Mega Millions with Megaplier.  Cheers

Megamillionaire

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10353 Posts
      Posted: January 26, 2010, 12:05 am - IP Logged

The strongest mesage the players could send would be to simply not play the game.

Illinois is a MM state that is going to get PB but I haven't heard anything about the Megaplier for MM yet.

If MM stays as is I'll just drop it and play PB and the Powerplay.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: January 26, 2010, 12:26 am - IP Logged

I think that the states that don't have the Megaplier at the moment, will decide to offer it when they see a bunch of other states using it.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Milwaukee, WI
          United States
          Member #3131
          December 27, 2003
          665 Posts
          Posted: January 27, 2010, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

Wisconsin is getting the Megaplier, but I won't use it.

I would MUCH rather buy 2 tickets rather than one with double the prize.........

MarkP

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
            Illinois
            United States
            Member #82001
            November 3, 2009
            890 Posts
            Posted: January 28, 2010, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

I would MUCH rather buy 2 tickets rather than one with double the prize.........

MarkP

Unfortunately I am the type of person that just can't let go. let say I hit second for 200,000 I would hate myself forever for missing out on 800,000 because I was too cheap to pay extra $. The what-ifs would drive me crazy.

Queens, NY
              United States
              Member #245
              April 15, 2002
              451 Posts
              Posted: January 29, 2010, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

MarkP

Hurray!  When New York first started its own lottery, before Mega or Powerball, I hit second prize twice in one year. Then it was only four figures and if we had had a multiplier I'd have made out much better. I don't mind winning a prize less than the jackpot and if I can make it more by using a multiplier why not? By the way the New York Lottery folks have informed me that after Powerball is up an running NY will be getting the Megaplier.  Big Smile

Megamillionaire

Milwaukee, WI
                United States
                Member #3131
                December 27, 2003
                665 Posts
                Posted: January 29, 2010, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

I was very lucky and won $10,000 on powerball.  The multiplier was 4, I would have won $40,000 if I had played the multiplier. BUT the winning ticket was the last ticket I bought that drawing. I spent $12 on powerball that drawing.  If I was paying double on those tickets I wouldn't have bought that last ticket, and I would have won zero.  I don't feel bad about not getting that extra $30,000 at all.

Seeing that the lottery is a losing proposition you are multiplying your losses than multiplying your chances.

It bothers me more that I was one number short of winning $100 million that night. Instead somebody in Iowa won $200 million...

Now 1/2 hour away from winning $144 million!  :-)

MarkP