Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Siging tickets.

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 7 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you sign your tickets immediately in hopes that it will help you win?

Yes! Helps to be positive! [ 7 ]  [15.22%]
No. I sign when it's the winning ticket. [ 39 ]  [84.78%]
Total Valid Votes [ 46 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
CA
United States
Member #84266
December 26, 2009
410 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2010, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

So, how many of you sign your tickets as soon as it's printed or when you get home? Do you feel that it'll help you win?

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2010, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

So, how many of you sign your tickets as soon as it's printed or when you get home? Do you feel that it'll help you win?

I rarely ever invest in MegaM, PB or Lottom and when I do I don't sign the ticket I just play to be in it; However, it doesn't hurt to be positive!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1953 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2010, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

I usually just wait to see how much I won.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Litebets27's avatar - power
        Maryland
        United States
        Member #10465
        January 14, 2005
        6065 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2010, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Your going to save your losing tickets for tax purposes. If you don't have a big win for which you may need proof of gambling losses aganist your winnings of $600.00 or more, you will throw those tickets in the trash. If you dispose of your tickets in the trash with shreadding them and your signature and address are on them, you open yourself up for idenity thief if those tickets are pulled from the trash by unscrupulous persons.

Wait to sign those tickets when you know you hold the winner.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          40299 Posts
          Posted: January 25, 2010, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

Your going to save your losing tickets for tax purposes. If you don't have a big win for which you may need proof of gambling losses aganist your winnings of $600.00 or more, you will throw those tickets in the trash. If you dispose of your tickets in the trash with shreadding them and your signature and address are on them, you open yourself up for idenity thief if those tickets are pulled from the trash by unscrupulous persons.

Wait to sign those tickets when you know you hold the winner.

I agree, no sense risking your signature for the bad guys.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #85037
            January 7, 2010
            252 Posts
            Posted: January 25, 2010, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

i feel like I jinx it if I sign my ticket Cool

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: January 27, 2010, 2:46 am - IP Logged

Nope. I don't sign my tickets right after I buy them.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: January 27, 2010, 5:36 am - IP Logged

I don't sign them if they're for that day. I do sign them right away though if they're multi-picks which is what I usually buy. I don't want to take chances if I lose or misplace them. The other day I was looking all over the house for my glasses when I realized I had them on. I can't be trusted.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                  adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  3300 Posts
                  Posted: January 27, 2010, 6:40 am - IP Logged

if the only way i can claim a lost ticket is that i have my sig on the back ill sign it. at least if i lose it it still makes  claiming it difficult for anyone who finds it. not that i plan on losing any. here in oz as i always say , we have a membership card and all tickjets [ well almost all] i play are marked as mine. if i dont claim a check is sent.

same as signinig really

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
                    Member #83701
                    December 13, 2009
                    225 Posts
                    Posted: January 27, 2010, 10:54 am - IP Logged

It'll certainly won't help me win but I do sign when the ticket wins a prize large enough to claim at a claim center simply so that should it go missing before I get there, something can be done.   It's more a matter of not trusting people to resist the temptation.

There is one consequence of signing which I discovered back at the beginning of December when I had the $1,000 win on a $20 scratch off, they require you to fill out the form exactly as you signed it, if you sign with your middle name, you must fill out the claim form with your middle name. They're very particular about the information on the claim form matching the signature on the back which I guess is the whole point of signing the ticket.

Were I financially secure to begin with, I may not sign the ticket till discussing it with a lawyer in order to keep the option of using a trust or corporation to claim the prize open but given my current financial state, I wouldn't want to risk not being able to claim on a large win.

Meanwhile that $2 win from the scratch off that I bought last night is going to be claimed unsigned.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                      Magnolia, Delaware
                      United States
                      Member #18795
                      July 20, 2005
                      789 Posts
                      Posted: January 27, 2010, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

I won't sign the ticket even if it's the big winner! If I sign it using my name, I can't claim the big win in the name of a trust that I plan to use in claiming the big win!

So be careful in what you do with the ticket. I say just keep it in a safe place and "Don't Tell Anyone About The Win" at anytime! And that means especially no family members or anyone else!

You say what needs to be said to all of those who are important to you after you have claimed the prize!

And most importantly have the financial adviser tie up most of the money as not to go wild with it in a foolish way and to stop most of the people you know from asking for a hand-out or two! If it's tied up, it takes time to get your hands on it and the more time that passes the more likely you're not going to dole out the cash for this or for that or to this or that person!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                        Santa Ana
                        United States
                        Member #71159
                        February 20, 2009
                        651 Posts
                        Posted: January 31, 2010, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

It would not matter how small the jackpot is; PLEASE SIGN YOUR LOTTO TICKET!!!!

Bagent's avatar - avatar 10424.gif
                          Vancouver, WA
                          United States
                          Member #53665
                          July 15, 2007
                          151 Posts
                          Posted: February 5, 2010, 3:01 am - IP Logged

I won't sign the ticket even if it's the big winner! If I sign it using my name, I can't claim the big win in the name of a trust that I plan to use in claiming the big win!

So be careful in what you do with the ticket. I say just keep it in a safe place and "Don't Tell Anyone About The Win" at anytime! And that means especially no family members or anyone else!

You say what needs to be said to all of those who are important to you after you have claimed the prize!

And most importantly have the financial adviser tie up most of the money as not to go wild with it in a foolish way and to stop most of the people you know from asking for a hand-out or two! If it's tied up, it takes time to get your hands on it and the more time that passes the more likely you're not going to dole out the cash for this or for that or to this or that person!

I Agree!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                            Member #47420
                            November 4, 2006
                            3930 Posts
                            Posted: February 7, 2010, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

It would not matter how small the jackpot is; PLEASE SIGN YOUR LOTTO TICKET!!!!

I have to agree with this statement..

luckyshoes's avatar - butterfly neg.jpg
                              Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #79502
                              September 2, 2009
                              6395 Posts
                              Posted: February 7, 2010, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

I sign after Ive seen the drawing at home    but only my signature     I sign my address when Im at the store to collect my winnings.