Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MUSL Games

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Raven62.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
North Dakota
United States
Member #13397
April 5, 2005
1623 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2010, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Now that Mega Millions is being sold in MUSL states...  One has to wonder whether or not Mega Millions states would want to add games like Hot Lotto, Wildcard 2, or 2 by 2...  What do you guys think??

How are you going to win if you don't play?

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5603 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2010, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

Now that Mega Millions is being sold in MUSL states...  One has to wonder whether or not Mega Millions states would want to add games like Hot Lotto, Wildcard 2, or 2 by 2...  What do you guys think??

I doubt if Tx will make any changes. They are pretty slow in doing anything.

The commission did say that they are going to watch what happens to sales of Texas Lotto, which is drawn on Wed and Sat, the same as PB. If Lotto sales fall off, I think they may drop the 2 Step game which is drawn on Mon and Thur and move Lotto to those nights. I hope that won't happen. Tx 2 Step is a good game. It only starts at $200K, but that's get out of debt...get the kids thru college money. Plus all Tx games are ball draws. Hot Lotto is Computer generated numbers.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

DFW, Texas
      United States
      Member #78628
      August 18, 2009
      134 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2010, 2:21 am - IP Logged

The map showing where Hot Lotto is played indicates that it's played in smaller states, probably in states that are too small to have an in-state game with large jackpots.  I don't think Texas needs it, because it has Texas Two Step at the small jackpot level, and Lotto Texas with multi-million dollar jackpots.

Before the expansion, Mega Millions was played mostly in larger states that can support in-state games with jackpots as big as or bigger than Hot Lotto.

If Hot Lotto expands too much, it may turn in to another Powerball, which I don't think the current Hot Lotto states want, since they all have Powerball already, and most also have Mega Millions now.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: February 1, 2010, 3:41 am - IP Logged

I would like to see TN get involved in another jackpot game now that they've dropped their lotto game. If it's going to be another computer generated game like the one they just dropped though I won't play it.  I'll continue going out of state to play the games with real drawings.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49773 Posts
          Posted: February 1, 2010, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Anything is possible: If a State sees a way to Get More Revenue while Spending Less: They may Dump their own Games and go for them.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!