Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 6:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Massachusetts Lottery May Be The Way To Go!

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by myturn.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bondi Junction
Australia
Member #57242
December 24, 2007
1102 Posts
Posted: February 7, 2010, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

After reading about the Florida Lottery winner, who was missing and allegedly murdered; I wrote to the Massachusetts Lottery in regard to lottery winners right to anonymity. I got the following reply:

I understand your concerns, but the name and hometown of all of our winners are public information under the Freedom of Information Act and the Lottery Rules and Regulations. Please understand that reason for this law is not to exploit prize winners or to gain publicity for the Lottery. The law was written so that the Lottery can validate its games. To uphold its integrity, the Lottery must be able to provide a public record of who has won its games.. We always recommend that our winners seek both legal and tax advice when they win a large prize, preferably before they come forward with the winning ticket. One way to remain fairly anonymous is to claim the prize in a trust.

Thank you for taking the time to write about this important issue.

Massachusetts State Lottery Commission

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

Bondi Junction
    Australia
    Member #57242
    December 24, 2007
    1102 Posts
    Posted: February 7, 2010, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

As a subscriber to the Massachusetts Lottery, I would like to congratulate then on allowing winners anonymity by claiming a prize through a trust; all states should allow this. I will continue to subscribe to the Massachusetts games, even though I no longer live in the state. Also, Massachusetts is the only state, that I know of, that allows people from all over the country to subscribe irrespective of where they live. Other state lotteries should also follow that example.

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
      Member #32537
      February 12, 2006
      698 Posts
      Posted: February 8, 2010, 2:56 am - IP Logged

"claiming a prize through a trust; all states should allow this"

must people dont know this, but you can claim as a trust in all lotto states

at lest  in the united states

and sure have anonymity, a trust in this nation has the same rights as any other human person as a legal entity

The term legal entity is used: to refer to a juristic person, an artificial entity that the law treats for some purposes as if it were a person

if by threats form  public record laws

, the worst they can do is give them a  copy of your "trust" papers ,

as i think they need a copy of the paper that created the trust for "making sure its real trust" etc

however if  people want to play hard ball and  someone use freedom of information act or any public record laws to get copys of what the state lotto has

the trust can claim/hold it  for a other trust,  theirs trusts for trusts, look it up folks!

so all they have is a other trust's name, without the REAL Beneficiaries ever  being know

i studyed basic contract laws and trusts before

if any of you ever win, just go to a tax lawyer who does trusts for a living,  or any other big law Firm

who does trusts/estate etc, so forth

if a lotto insisted upon knowing who the end result human Beneficiaries thro all your"legal tricks"

the courts wont side with them,  sense the trusts are good as people, all they have to go on is the first trust info

i kid you not,  i can hide who i am beyond any number of legal entitys form the public

public records are a sick joke any real trust lawyer worth their salt can defeat

dont get me wrong thro

the feds/irs  will always know if they want to,

thro bank info etc, but the public cant touch  private records such as banks cilents records

, they can only go as far as  lotto state records, what you can outsmart

if any lotto says you cant claim thro a trust, their lieing to you, as  that would mean they could pick and choose  who is a "legal entity" in the united states, if you can own and claim lotto tickets, so can a trust in this nation!

see all other big winners who hide behind trusts.

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: February 8, 2010, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

Well you live in the USA not in another country but still such an act is been accessory to murder, is enabling murders to occurr....Anyway nobody corrects the lotto cartel....

Did they say that it was to ¨VALIDATE¨ their games....most ridiculuous claim i´ve heard...

Let me guess BIG Apatosaurus looking Johny is so worry that he thinks people will not believe in the lotto if they dont make the winners public...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Bondi Junction
          Australia
          Member #57242
          December 24, 2007
          1102 Posts
          Posted: February 9, 2010, 3:40 am - IP Logged

Players have the right to maintain their anonymity unless they sign to request publicity. Camelot is required to ensure that prizewinners’ details are kept secure within Camelot, and are only disclosed to authorised staff.

The National Lottery Commission (UK)

Bondi Junction
            Australia
            Member #57242
            December 24, 2007
            1102 Posts
            Posted: February 9, 2010, 3:44 am - IP Logged

Adjusting to a major win:

"Winning the lottery sounds fantastic, but it isn’t easy coming to terms with such a life-changing stroke of luck. It’s our job to take the worry out of it. Some of the most common questions are around investment plans, trust funds and how inheritance tax works, but I have also been asked where to go to buy the most expensive pair of shoes in Liverpool!"

On taking publicity:

"Obviously we do like people to share the news of their win and opt for publicity – it really does show that the lottery dream comes true – but I would suggest it’s in winners’ interests as well. It gives them freedom to enjoy their good fortune and after the initial publicity, they can settle down openly to enjoy their new life.

"Almost without exception, everyone thinks that they can remain anonymous, but at that point they don’t realise what will happen. We point out that if they’ve just won £10 million, for example, the press will do their utmost to discover their identity. It may well be obvious that it’s you – people want to know and word gets around. If the winner chooses to take publicity, we can manage the media, arranging for a press conference to share the good news and take the pressure off them. But if they choose not to, we will naturally protect their identity."

On winner anonymity:

"Our priority is to make sure the winner has a genuine choice – if they want to remain anonymous we will do everything in our power to ensure that happens. Almost the first thing we do when they call in is to find out how many people they’ve told – if they’ve got young children, it’s going to be very hard to keep it a playground secret."

UK Lottery