Welcome Guest
You last visited April 24, 2018, 8:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you still play?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 8 years ago by sully16.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Miramar, Fl
United States
Member #86216
January 31, 2010
80 Posts
Posted: February 8, 2010, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Do you still play even though the jackpot for the lottery states are low, like Powerball, and Megamillions or do you still play anyway?

Mo

Laundry is the only thing that should be seperated by color

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Santa Ana
    United States
    Member #71159
    February 20, 2009
    651 Posts
    Posted: February 8, 2010, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Do you still play even though the jackpot for the lottery states are low, like Powerball, and Megamillions or do you still play anyway?

Mo

Does a duck know how to swim??Wink Yes, I play every Mega Million game if the jackpot is low because you never know when the numbers will hit and they will eventually!!Wink

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      23880 Posts
      Posted: February 8, 2010, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

No, I don't like playing at the starting level or anywhere near it. When it goes way up, then I'll play.

I guess it's the assumption that it'll just roll over a few times before it hits anyway.

Just one ticket will do it but I'd rather have my shot in when the JP is over $100,000,000.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: February 8, 2010, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

No, I don't like playing at the starting level or anywhere near it. When it goes way up, then I'll play.

I guess it's the assumption that it'll just roll over a few times before it hits anyway.

Just one ticket will do it but I'd rather have my shot in when the JP is over $100,000,000.

Cheapskate..............

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #74096
          May 2, 2009
          23880 Posts
          Posted: February 8, 2010, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Cheapskate..............

LOLLOL tiggs!! I'll bet you're just waiting for me to see this...LOL!!

Thanks for putting a smile on my face - my pick 4 straight in SC sure didn't. I'm pressed to decide whether I want to move to Kentucky or SC.

You don't want to know how many tickets I have on that number straight...

Blue Thinking

I'll tell you tiggs, if that was anyone else saying that...they'd be in a heap of trouble. You can say it because we go back..I'm not going to say

way, way back but back enough. We've got an understanding...that's more than most people can say Thumbs Up

Good luck to you and plenty of it tonight! Hit my pick 4 tonight in KY...it's 1347.

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: February 8, 2010, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

LOLLOL tiggs!! I'll bet you're just waiting for me to see this...LOL!!

Thanks for putting a smile on my face - my pick 4 straight in SC sure didn't. I'm pressed to decide whether I want to move to Kentucky or SC.

You don't want to know how many tickets I have on that number straight...

Blue Thinking

I'll tell you tiggs, if that was anyone else saying that...they'd be in a heap of trouble. You can say it because we go back..I'm not going to say

way, way back but back enough. We've got an understanding...that's more than most people can say Thumbs Up

Good luck to you and plenty of it tonight! Hit my pick 4 tonight in KY...it's 1347.

Yes your a sweetheart..I go back a lot farther then you..I'm a retired mailman and learned my smart mouth working with so many differen't kinds of people..New Yorkers were the wiseackers of the bunch and I worked with a lot of them..They were all nice tho so get me wrong..Hope you bust your cash4..Ky has a great lottery IMO..I guess jrosina don't wnat to come out and play today or she's being stuck up???.....

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              79828 Posts
              Posted: February 8, 2010, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Yes your a sweetheart..I go back a lot farther then you..I'm a retired mailman and learned my smart mouth working with so many differen't kinds of people..New Yorkers were the wiseackers of the bunch and I worked with a lot of them..They were all nice tho so get me wrong..Hope you bust your cash4..Ky has a great lottery IMO..I guess jrosina don't wnat to come out and play today or she's being stuck up???.....

Maybe with some Luck: You'll Win a Jackpot before Your Stamp is Cancelled! Thumbs Up

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: February 8, 2010, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Maybe with some Luck: You'll Win a Jackpot before Your Stamp is Cancelled! Thumbs Up

Good one!!!..Cute!!..Let's hope so then I can come on here and brag brag and brag..

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
                  Kansas
                  United States
                  Member #83963
                  December 19, 2009
                  347 Posts
                  Posted: February 8, 2010, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

Yes! Money is money, and I'm not going to be greedy. If I don't play when it's small, that may have been the time I was supposed to win it, plus there are less people playing at that time, and that's ok with me. I would think myself a fool, if I said, "No, I'm not going to waste $5 tonight buying tickets, the pot is ONLY 12 MILLION, or 20 MILLION, it's not big enough for me!" !?!?!?!?!?  OMG, I would be SO happy to win it, no matter what size!!!

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

ThatScaryChick's avatar - pI8lWzJ

United States
                    Member #56506
                    November 21, 2007
                    6624 Posts
                    Posted: February 8, 2010, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Mo

Yep. To me, it doesn't matter how big the jackpot is. I would love to win one of any size.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      CA
                      United States
                      Member #57222
                      December 23, 2007
                      587 Posts
                      Posted: February 8, 2010, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Yes! Money is money, and I'm not going to be greedy. If I don't play when it's small, that may have been the time I was supposed to win it, plus there are less people playing at that time, and that's ok with me. I would think myself a fool, if I said, "No, I'm not going to waste $5 tonight buying tickets, the pot is ONLY 12 MILLION, or 20 MILLION, it's not big enough for me!" !?!?!?!?!?  OMG, I would be SO happy to win it, no matter what size!!!

I agree,

I play numbers come rain or shine, high or low jackpot.  I'd love for it to hit at 70 million but I would seriously be happy with 7 million.  Since I play my own numbers, I cant pick and chose.  My number can come up with a newly set 7 million and it would set me up something good.

Grovel's avatar - f800e6a39fbfea795d1dcbb09f2244
                        Little Rock, AR
                        United States
                        Member #68365
                        December 19, 2008
                        243 Posts
                        Posted: February 8, 2010, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

I agree,

I play numbers come rain or shine, high or low jackpot.  I'd love for it to hit at 70 million but I would seriously be happy with 7 million.  Since I play my own numbers, I cant pick and chose.  My number can come up with a newly set 7 million and it would set me up something good.

Size does not matter to me.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                          Indiana
                          United States
                          Member #48725
                          January 7, 2007
                          1961 Posts
                          Posted: February 8, 2010, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Mo

I still play. The jackpot is never "small" really. The starting jackpot itself might be small in comparison to the levels that it's capable of reaching, but there's no way I would consider it small. Give me $6,000,000 after taxes aaaaaaawwww man that would be so awesome. That's a ton of money.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Miramar, Fl
                            United States
                            Member #86216
                            January 31, 2010
                            80 Posts
                            Posted: February 8, 2010, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

The reason why I ask is if you think about how much taxes Uncle Sam takes out if you get 20 million that's not enough now is it?  I have heard people who take the lump sum and they have to pay the taxes and every year pay the taxes on that win. Now if you do the math that's not enough to live off of now is it?
                            I remember that young kid hit the powerball last year the one that was over 200 I think and they took out a whopping 34 million in taxes.

Can you say ouch!!! Just do the math. I know in Florida we do not have to pay state taxes but dang that's a lot of taxes!!!!

Laundry is the only thing that should be seperated by color

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              24277 Posts
                              Posted: February 8, 2010, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.