Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Results Gadget

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 7 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
calabs's avatar - bass fret.jpg

United States
Member #27050
November 26, 2005
40272 Posts
Posted: February 10, 2010, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

I just got a brandy-spankin' new computer last week.  It's my first one with Windows 7.  Browsing through LP, I (re)noticed the Lottery results gadget that was offered a while back when Microsoft changed over to their Windows Vista OS.  I had forgotten about it since my computers always used XP.  Just for the heck of it, I downloaded the gadget onto my desktop.  It's a pretty simple gadget, but it really is amazing.  For those who have Vista or Windows 7, you may want to check it out.  You get to choose which states you want to have results sent right to your desktop. It offers all the US and Canada draws, as well as the UK and Ireland.  I didn't think it would really add any value vs. just going to LP and looking up the info on the daily results page.  But I've found that it lets me search, post, read, etc. w/o having to go back and forth to the daily results page.  I love to multi-task!! :)  And obviously if you're working on your computer or visiting other websites, it comes in handy that way as well.  Anyway, I thought I'd share my thoughts on this "cute" little gadget.  Try it if you've got a compatable OS. 

Lep

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: February 10, 2010, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for sharing your experience with it!

A nice feature is the ability to add a sound effect every time a new result comes in.  So it "tells" you when a result is published, rather than forcing you to click "refresh" a bunch of times waiting for the new results.

If you want different sounds for different states (or games), just drag a new copy of the gadget to your desktop -- every "instance" of the gadget can have its own game(s), sound effects, size, and font size.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!