Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is your style of lottery play ... Hunter or Trapper?

Topic closed. 95 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Delta Draw.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
Member #76986
July 10, 2009
8035 Posts
Posted: February 22, 2010, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

I hunt; then I see and I trap!!!!

I hunt; then I see and I trap!!!!

jrosina, 'nuff said and to the point!Stretch

United States
    Member #76986
    July 10, 2009
    8035 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2010, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

I seem to be more of a trapper. When I am in Virginia, I wait for a Tuesday Numerology 2 date (the day of the month adds up to 2 - the 2nd, 11th, 20th, or 29th), and then play "104." If it is January or March, I usually put about $10 on the number. This is based on the habits of 104 coming up in the Virginia Lottery - 3 of its 7 hits have been on such Tuesdays, with another win on a Tuesday (a numerology 1 day - the 28th) and another win on a numerology 2 date (a Saturday). Then 104 has these other two oddball wins (a Wednesday Numerology 4 and a Thursday Numerology 5) I cannot explain.

Thanks, Hermanus104, especially for your trapper style example! 

Very nice explanation!!!  Big Smile

Just curious, what do you trap when you are not trapping 104?

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: February 23, 2010, 1:33 am - IP Logged

I don't trap. And i don't hunt.

United States
        Member #81843
        October 31, 2009
        856 Posts
        Posted: February 24, 2010, 5:22 am - IP Logged

Hey Delta Draw,

I can't speak for anyone, but me. I'm not offended by using the word "poacher"... not at all. 

If you can find a way to "poach" in the lottery games and take money from the lottery games legally, do it!

Especially if poaching can level the playing field for the rest of us, you've got my support! 

Just strike fast, pack lightly and sneak out with the WIN Lover BIG loot! LOL

Do you poach better in the day or night games? Smile

No problem.

Hunting and trapping are good analogies. ‘Poaching’ is my dry sense of humor at licensed sports that are getting more and more restrictive. Kind of like the big games and more numbers being added to the pool making it harder to win. I do not poach animals. I play the games with their rules and count on their rules as a weakness.

A duck blind is used for hunting but you set one up where the traffic is. Same for a trap: you put it in the run or bait it in a favorable location. This improves the chances of getting game. Both require you to know your target and it’s habits. A working system for a game does the same however you define it. Dreaming is just dreaming.

If your duck blind is in any old place, you will be hunting but might not get results ( what was I dreaming about to get these results?). Anticipating an event requires you to be at the right place and the right time with the best information you can gather. Hunting and trapping is no different.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: February 24, 2010, 5:27 am - IP Logged

No problem.

Hunting and trapping are good analogies. ‘Poaching’ is my dry sense of humor at licensed sports that are getting more and more restrictive. Kind of like the big games and more numbers being added to the pool making it harder to win. I do not poach animals. I play the games with their rules and count on their rules as a weakness.

A duck blind is used for hunting but you set one up where the traffic is. Same for a trap: you put it in the run or bait it in a favorable location. This improves the chances of getting game. Both require you to know your target and it’s habits. A working system for a game does the same however you define it. Dreaming is just dreaming.

If your duck blind is in any old place, you will be hunting but might not get results ( what was I dreaming about to get these results?). Anticipating an event requires you to be at the right place and the right time with the best information you can gather. Hunting and trapping is no different.

Hey DD, I'm gonna have to invite you out to the compound.

The game is so thick here you don't need a blind. You just walk out and grab what you want and strangle it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
            Member #76986
            July 10, 2009
            8035 Posts
            Posted: February 27, 2010, 3:14 am - IP Logged

IMHO:

AMAZING GRACE  plays the HUNTER / TRACKER style of lottery.

AceKicka  plays the TRAPPER style of lottery.

This is where I need your help!!! 

Please help identify other members as  HUNTERS  or  TRAPPERS.

Will you  post your opinions here?  It is appreciated!  Thanks! :)

Does it help you to focus by identifying your style of play as a hunter or trapper? 

Is it helpful to know your style of play to laser point your efforts effectively?

If you had a list of members' play styles, do you  think it would be easier to choose 

the  methods or  systems that offers better support for your lottery play style?

Do you have another idea Idea that identifies the different approaches to playing the

lottery games that would be more helpful for your succe$$?

Thanks again for your help!

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
              West Side of Sunny Florida
              United States
              Member #55048
              September 8, 2007
              3371 Posts
              Posted: February 27, 2010, 4:32 am - IP Logged

I consider myself a trapper..I'm ALWAYS in Operation trap the straight mode mentally as difficult as it is to do that,,,,although there is alot of hunting leading up to it.My approach/premis of play is that I believe the answers are in front of us...usually easily overlooked things.If I can focus my play on something that tends to happen,it limits plays which enhances $$$$ when the trapped number falls.Sometimes it works..sometimes it don't...either way when it does work I'm gonna get paid so it's worth the time to trap   lol

JB07- I like your description  and I find it is what I seem to do also.  But would like to add - Once the TRAP is 'sprung' and I hit or miss - I then HUNT to find the next TRAP to set...

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: February 27, 2010, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

I hunt and fish but I don't trap except for varmint removal in humane traps.

As far as the lottery goes I just buy my lucky numbers and QP's and wait to cash in.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Blackdave's avatar - David 202015%202.jpg
                  Morgan, TN
                  United States
                  Member #83248
                  December 2, 2009
                  1097 Posts
                  Posted: February 27, 2010, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Im like a stalkin-sniper/trapper

$$$ You Gotta Lose Some To Win Some! $$$

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: February 28, 2010, 10:18 am - IP Logged

IMHO:

Does it help you to focus by identifying your style of play as a hunter or trapper? 

Is it helpful to know your style of play to laser point your efforts effectively?

If you had a list of members' play styles, do you  think it would be easier to choose 

the  methods or  systems that offers better support for your lottery play style?

Do you have another idea Idea that identifies the different approaches to playing the

Does it help me to focus by knowing my style......no

Is it helpful to know to laser point.....no

If I had a list of player styles.......no. I'm open for suggestions whatever style the player may use. I believe there's more than one way to win the lottery and I also believe it may take a combination of methods to do it.  Some players methods or suggestions are easier to follow than others, so for me I'm more interested in who's doing the posting vs what style they use.

Sorry, no other ideas here.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1649 Posts
                      Posted: February 28, 2010, 11:31 am - IP Logged

No problem.

Delta,

Not that you need confirmation or anything but, this is a very good post. Just simply by reading it I can reasonably interpret your play style. "Knowing your target and its' habits", "favorable location", and "any old place" are all required to even begin developing a system of play.

RJOh has a cliche on his avatar which makes it as plain as day when it comes to a true system: What Happens Most Will Most Likely Happen Again.

A system is a series of pre-arranged events developed to produce a consistent and expected result...and it will. Only about 10% of players really know and understand this concept while others seriously downplay it simply because they cannot grasp it as a whole. Long before I even joined LP, I would constantly browse through most of the "useful" topics to see who was saying what and how much sense it really made.

I know about (5) people here who properly implement this play style and get excellent results regularly. However, because of how they play, they are rather quiet as it demonstrates how they go "against the grain" which is what others are afraid to do and call it crazy...unwarranted even.

As my grandmother always says, "Baby, you can show a person better than you can tell them!" Wisdom is priceless!! Again, very educated post, Delta.

L.L.

wildspecks's avatar - Yavill
                        North Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #79918
                        September 12, 2009
                        49 Posts
                        Posted: March 1, 2010, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

Trapper.  With just a little hunter thrown in for good measure.

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: March 2, 2010, 10:25 am - IP Logged

IMHO:

I Hunt and then I trap my numbers! Lol, I wish I could do that with other thing, but alas, one can't have everything in life!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                            Member #76986
                            July 10, 2009
                            8035 Posts
                            Posted: March 4, 2010, 12:56 am - IP Logged

I don't trap. And i don't hunt.

Hey joker17,

Not hunting or trapping? Plz tell us what you're doing with all of your lottery spare time?

Thinking of...

Thanks for stopping by! Smile

United States
                              Member #76986
                              July 10, 2009
                              8035 Posts
                              Posted: March 4, 2010, 1:22 am - IP Logged

No problem.

"my dry sense of humor"

DD, your duck blind example is a good one. Thanks for posting it!

I know that you are not a "poacher" because you are analytical.

Analysis takes time. Poaching is fast, quick and opportunistic!

BTW ... my humor is dry with an olive and a twist of lemon. Wink