Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can Someone Explain to me this oddness: What makes the state of VA so special..

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 7 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: February 16, 2010, 2:28 am - IP Logged

Why most states have a: Pick5/39 and the state of Virginia gives itself the luxury of having a: Pick5/34 for 25 cents, 50 cents and 1 dollar...It can´t be the population size...Florida got: 2 or 3 times as many as Virginia in population yet it doesnt have it...What makes the state of Virginia so special...

Is it that the state of Virginia is the left hander of the rest of the states (meaning they run things differently)...Could it be linked to the real estate market...Again what makes the state of Virginia so SPECIAL...Could it be politics...Could it be that there are more gamblers in Virginia than in Florida or the rest of states...Virginia even got the luxury of having it twice a day...I dont get that...Could it be the STATE LAW...

Does anyone know the answer?

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8360 Posts
    Posted: February 16, 2010, 3:01 am - IP Logged
    when you make a pay out structure that fits a 25 cent bet you can drawl a lot more people to the game not many states if any have this.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      Norfolk,VA
      United States
      Member #83225
      December 2, 2009
      757 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2010, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

it's because we are a Commonwealth.....

''YOU CAN PAY FOR SCHOOL BUT, YOU CAN'T BUY CLASS''Thumbs Up

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: February 22, 2010, 4:55 am - IP Logged

i´ve heard that before but i dont think it has something to do with that..for what i remember from my civics and history classes the little that i can remember a commonwealth is a particular political structure of government...I think other states can pull it off...I knew the state was a commonwealth but i really dont think that influences...Unless you was telling me that VA lottery doesnt take 50% of every dollar but 20% or something like that and i still dont think thats the case...And even if virginia takes 20% of every dollar and others state do not, other states can still pull it off...And i was thinking why not create it on a larger scale with countries with big population...

and i dont think is that because if you win: $25,000 on the Cash5 do you stay with $12,000...not just that even if they didnt tax 50% after you win it has nothing to do with the 50% of every dollar that the state lottery takes...And i cant remember but i think that 1 goes to the federal government the other goes to the state so they are not related...

i am not an expert in government but that´s what i´ve learn over the years on this site...

it cant be that is a commonwealth there´s got to be another reason...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨