Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

California Own MegaMillions: Hypothetically speaking: $500 million Jackpots...

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: February 16, 2010, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Isnt it true that Powerball is played in either 25 or 30 states and megamillions is played in i think is 13 states or 15 cant remember that good...

Isnt the population of California 29 million or 31 million...There are a lot of states that got less than 3 million population...So 29 million is like: 9 states with 3 million population just shy 4 states out of the 13 states...

So why can´t California have its own: Megamillions with a starting jackpot of: $12 million or $15 million just like MegaMillions...Or if California wants it can join 1 more states and complete the 13 or 12 states and thus have the: $12 million or $15 million Megamillions starting jackpot (if it wants to)....This way: 7 or 8 out of the 10 CA MegaMillions jackpots will be won in California...And to raise the volume california could let it play once a week and this way see the jackpots double...If you did it that way you sure are going to see: 700 and 800 million dollars MegaMillions jackpots (hypothetically speaking)....The difference is that there will be fewer winners per year but the jackpots will be in the 600+ millions CA MegaMIllions Jackpots...

I think is because there is less gamblers in California i dont know all i am saying...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10354 Posts
    Posted: February 17, 2010, 10:09 am - IP Logged

pumpi

"I think is because there is less gamblers in California i dont know all i am saying..."

pumpi,

An estimated 40% of Las Vegas business is people from Southern California who come by car.

The Sunday Los Angeles papers are loaded with ads for Vegas.

In other words, So. California alone has more gamblers than some states.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: February 18, 2010, 2:28 am - IP Logged

California will have more gamblers than most states is expected but does it have more gamblers respectively/proportional to its population size and that´s what i think is the problem...Put it this way if every state had the same population that california has and it was even across states California will have less gamblers....that´s what i meant...

I expect that if California has 9 times the amount of population as a: 3 million population state i will expect California to have 9 times more gamblers than the 3 million population state...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7322 Posts
        Posted: February 18, 2010, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

California will have more gamblers than most states is expected but does it have more gamblers respectively/proportional to its population size and that´s what i think is the problem...Put it this way if every state had the same population that california has and it was even across states California will have less gamblers....that´s what i meant...

I expect that if California has 9 times the amount of population as a: 3 million population state i will expect California to have 9 times more gamblers than the 3 million population state...

While California should have more gamblers just based on their large population, their per capita lottery spending ranks near the bottom of state lotteries. The per capita spending in West Virginia is $862 compared to California's $83.

http://www.ohiolottery.com/profits/compare.html

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: February 22, 2010, 5:08 am - IP Logged

could it be because of the real estate? Things cost more in california than anywhere else including homes, so most of a person´s paycheck goes into paying for his/her expensive home the little that is left back goes into other forms of recreation, the lottery will be the last form of recreation...And california has the largest population of lations i think that: 70% of the state is Latino and if you notice latinos are more on a strick diet when it comes to earning more money compared to their caucasians brethen...sorry for saying this but the caucasian people that go move there after they have gotten a windfall or people who have retire young...

Also latinos tend to earn less at work than caucasians i will imagine...

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: February 23, 2010, 12:26 am - IP Logged

could it be because of the real estate? Things cost more in california than anywhere else including homes, so most of a person´s paycheck goes into paying for his/her expensive home the little that is left back goes into other forms of recreation, the lottery will be the last form of recreation...And california has the largest population of lations i think that: 70% of the state is Latino and if you notice latinos are more on a strick diet when it comes to earning more money compared to their caucasians brethen...sorry for saying this but the caucasian people that go move there after they have gotten a windfall or people who have retire young...

Also latinos tend to earn less at work than caucasians i will imagine...

But believe it or not since California will have its own MegaMillion with $300 million and $400 million jackpot, is good also to have:

Virginia Cash5 but that it pays the entire Home Mortgages, complete mortages paid...Have something JUST like Virginia Cash5 but that it pays Home Mortgages...With lots of aggregate money...And not have pick5...

have Pick3, Virginia Cash5 that pays mortgages and California Own MegaMillions...And instead of having lots of scratchoffs just have 1 scratchoffs that pays ONLY 1 million a year for life...

that´s the best deal...