Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Two Consecutive Scratch Card Winners?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 7 years ago by dr65.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Ontario
Canada
Member #87220
February 19, 2010
1 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2010, 12:13 am - IP Logged

A question to those of you who buy many consecutive scratch tickets or whole Books...

Does it occur that you would have 2 consecutive winners in a row, or are the winners usually spread out?

Asking this because just played a $20 Scratcher and won $40, and am itching to go and grab two more, but should I go to the same place I won the $40 (where they will have the tickets previous and after my winner remaining), or go to another location and try my luck there?

let me know what you guys think and what your experiences have been.

thanks

United States
    Member #83701
    December 13, 2009
    225 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2010, 3:40 am - IP Logged

A question to those of you who buy many consecutive scratch tickets or whole Books...

Does it occur that you would have 2 consecutive winners in a row, or are the winners usually spread out?

Asking this because just played a $20 Scratcher and won $40, and am itching to go and grab two more, but should I go to the same place I won the $40 (where they will have the tickets previous and after my winner remaining), or go to another location and try my luck there?

thanks

My biggest win was from buying just two consecutive tickets of the $20 Blockbuster game in Texas, the first won $25 and the second won $1,000.   Just a couple of days ago, I bought three consecutive Blockbuster tickets, the first won $20, the second won $25 while the third was a loser.   The allocation of the winning tickets is by a random number generator but consecutive winners are certainly not excluded.

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
      Nashville, TN
      United States
      Member #86739
      February 9, 2010
      483 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2010, 10:38 am - IP Logged

my experience has shown you are better off spreading it out.

Only once did I have a winning $5 "ticket" that I had to use up then (i.e. the clerk wouldnt give me cash) so I got 5 straight junior jumbo tickets. Every one was a winner, albeit a 1 or $2 or ticket winner. Overall I won $7 cash value, but I could not believe so many were in a row.

To counter that, I have played multiples since at least a dozen times and have never encountered 2 in a row.

I have also seen many of the TN Millionaire $20 scratchers in a row turn out to NOT be winners.

I think what jwhou won was an incredible exception, but then again winning 1000 is a huge exception.

That is just my experience.

Oh, and one time I was buying several $10 in a row hoping to get something and the clerk at the Tobacco store talked me into buying a 2nd one after I won, saying a lot of times they are back to back. Of course it wasnt. When I went to a different game and bought 7 straight tickets with NO winner, then left and went to get more money, within that time, he said 'somebody' came in and bought 2 of the tickets and hit it for a $30 winner. he even showed me the tickets -- they werent even scratched, only the bottom number was scratched so I am convinced it was him that bought them.

Blackdave's avatar - David 202015%202.jpg
        Morgan, TN
        United States
        Member #83248
        December 2, 2009
        1097 Posts
        Posted: February 20, 2010, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

yea ive bought 5 $2 Jumbos and won 17 dollars on the four one and $500 on the 5th one.....the other three were losers

$$$ You Gotta Lose Some To Win Some! $$$

wildspecks's avatar - Yavill
          North Carolina
          United States
          Member #79918
          September 12, 2009
          49 Posts
          Posted: March 4, 2010, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

I read on the NC lottery homepage that a woman won $25.00 on a scratch off.  Encouraged by her husband to "cash in on her luck", she purchased the next ticket on the roll and won (I think it was) a million.  I usually buy 2-3 tickets in a row, and I've won small amounts on two tickets straight, so it's definitely do-able.  Big Smile

colonia, nj
            United States
            Member #46088
            September 3, 2006
            48 Posts
            Posted: March 12, 2010, 11:56 am - IP Logged

thanks

My sister is a scratch "addict". Sometimes we do get 2 winners in a row.  One time she had luck  on $2.00 tickets with a $50.00 and a $20.00  with the same purchase in 10 tickets.  Excited we went back to the same store, bought from the same pack and with 8 more tickets but hit nothing. It is random. The big winners are usually at the last ticket in the pack.  We find winning tickets in the middle of the pack and sometimes at the beginning.  The NJL gives the odds at ratios of 6:1 approxmately. but that does not mean you will have one winner in a purchase of six tickets.  You will notice that if the winning numbers on a scratch are example 02 and 16, that non winning numbers on that ticket may have a 16 and a 20 on the ticket for confusion.   There are good packs and there are mediocre packs.  A friend of ours bought a pack of 150 tickets (they are numbered from 000-149) on the $2.00 packs.  Each pack is sold in incriments of $300.00.  He thought he would make money on 150.00 tickets, but his take was only $100.00 on all the winning tickets in that pack.   It is Gump's philosophy.  You never know what you are going to get.     Good luck.Sun Smiley

United States
              Member #88901
              March 25, 2010
              35 Posts
              Posted: March 25, 2010, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

When I was playing high dollar books ive won many times 5 times in a row and then the next 5 or even 7 are losers, ive also played rolls where every 4th or so ticket was only short change and the last ticket a $500 or more and also books that you go 10 tickets without even winning.

Truth of the matter your playing a computer and the computer only goes mainly 55% by the odds you got on the back of the ticket, just because its 1 in 4.78 it doesnt mean on the 5th ticket your going to win. If you win 3 or 4 times on a book and lose on the next one then stop playing because chances are the next 5+ are a waste of money.

Save your money!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: March 26, 2010, 12:44 am - IP Logged

thanks

Lemme give ya some advice from a ol' Tennessee hillbilly.

When yer luck is a runnin' double down on that mofo.

If it ain't, wait.

If yer luck ain't a runnin' you ain't a gonna win no way no how.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                  Yinzer Country, PA
                  United States
                  Member #4067
                  March 18, 2004
                  2741 Posts
                  Posted: April 22, 2010, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

Me and a co-worker always play this one instant game on our breaks.  Whenever one of us gets a nice winner, the other one will ask if they got it at the machine, or the customer service desk.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

cjwade1's avatar - dbf1f095 51ef-4d02-ad1d-69e186a7a16d.jpg
                    Atlanta, GA
                    United States
                    Member #44801
                    August 9, 2006
                    190 Posts
                    Posted: May 3, 2010, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

I buy scratchers here and there. If I get Hot, I'll usually keep playing for the entire week. I just went to the store to buy some mega millions tickets and some cash 3. I decided against the cash 3, because of the line and bought 2 different $10 tickets and 4 of the same $5 ticket. I won on both $10 tickets ($35 total) and on the 4 consecutive tickets I won $25 on the first, I hit a "20X" (20 times the amount: $1) on the second, a ‘ticket’ on the 3rd, and the forth was a loser.. So I spent $40 and won $85. A rare, good day. Cheers

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #74096
                      May 2, 2009
                      22947 Posts
                      Posted: May 8, 2010, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

It's a good idea, especially with newly released ones, to buy 2 - 10 in a row. I don't know how the new $1 tickets do. $2 - tickets I'll

buy 10 at a time and have seen some pretty good winners when they are new ($100). I like the $20 & $25 tickets and won $400 yesterday buying

2 - $25 tickets in a row. If I had not bought 2, I wouldn't have won on the first one. That was just luck. You have to be careful with the high

priced ones of course because like any other, there could be so many non winners in a row because someone got there before you and won

a good one. On 4 in a row $5 tickets, I won something on each one and the total was $90. I was almost shocked. Those are new ones too.

2 $5 tickets today in a row today gave the face amount on one and $50 on the next one. So it does work, you just have to be there at the right

time.