Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

5/39 and $100! Ideas??

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 7 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
Chicago
United States
Member #70678
February 8, 2009
889 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2010, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Hey everyone,

Every year a co-worker sells raffle tickets at $100 dollars a pop. I have purchased these in the past but this year I thought it would be alot more fun to take that $100 dollars and play the lottery instead. As much as I would like to try going for the big bucks (MM or PB) I know I'll have a much better chance at Little Lotto. (5/39)

If I win big......YEAH! If I break even.....YEAH! If I don't come close...it's ok!

There's no time limit on when I need to play. Little Lotto plays 7 days a week and the jackpot rolls over so if I miss out on one another is soon to follow.

I don't have any computer programs so I can't tell the computer to spit out 100 lines to play.

I'm NOT going to play any QP's or lines made up of birthdays, ages favorite numbers etc.

So far all my ideas are in my head.......I haven't actually sat down and worked anything out on paper yet.

Things I'm thinking about:

Alternating key numbers.........playing more than one wheel..........playing all the numbers at least once.

My usual style of play is to look at past draws and then choose numbers based on what I think will happen. Then I choose my own lines to play. ( I don't wheel the numbers) I'm also thinking about doing this but obviously on a much larger scale.

Any ideas? Maybe something I'm overlooking?

I would love some feedback!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2010, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Wait for its jackpot to get near its peak or greater than the odds of winning before playing.

Ohio Rolling Cash5 (5/39) rolled to $394K tonight, so I may buy a few tickets tomorrow.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2010, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Also, Gail Howard has a 35-number Balanced Wheeling® System #3526 that she claims has won several pick5 jackpots and Steve Player has his 5/39 Geo Matrix System he sells for $747.50 that he's 100% confident of winning any 5/39 game three times a year.

Evil Looking       

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
        Illinois
        United States
        Member #82001
        November 3, 2009
        890 Posts
        Posted: February 21, 2010, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Hey everyone,

Every year a co-worker sells raffle tickets at $100 dollars a pop. I have purchased these in the past but this year I thought it would be alot more fun to take that $100 dollars and play the lottery instead. As much as I would like to try going for the big bucks (MM or PB) I know I'll have a much better chance at Little Lotto. (5/39)

If I win big......YEAH! If I break even.....YEAH! If I don't come close...it's ok!

There's no time limit on when I need to play. Little Lotto plays 7 days a week and the jackpot rolls over so if I miss out on one another is soon to follow.

I don't have any computer programs so I can't tell the computer to spit out 100 lines to play.

I'm NOT going to play any QP's or lines made up of birthdays, ages favorite numbers etc.

So far all my ideas are in my head.......I haven't actually sat down and worked anything out on paper yet.

Things I'm thinking about:

Alternating key numbers.........playing more than one wheel..........playing all the numbers at least once.

My usual style of play is to look at past draws and then choose numbers based on what I think will happen. Then I choose my own lines to play. ( I don't wheel the numbers) I'm also thinking about doing this but obviously on a much larger scale.

Any ideas? Maybe something I'm overlooking?

I would love some feedback!

I am a daily player of the Little Lotto and still waiting for my big hit. One time I did spent a $100 when jackpot was around 800K-1 mil few years ago and did end up winning around 30-40 bucks back which is really lucky. My advice is to wait when it get over 500,000 and get like 10-20 tickets. That way you don't blow the 100 all at once and pot does get that high about once a month in IL.

Since the odds and jackpot in Little Lotto is reasonable enough that you can help your odds dramatcially by buying in mulitple of 10s. 575,000 can be trim to 57,500 with 10 tickets.

Chicago
          United States
          Member #70678
          February 8, 2009
          889 Posts
          Posted: February 21, 2010, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

Yeah RJoh I also thought about playing on a night when the jackpot is high or when I'm pretty confident I can eliminate a decade of numbers. And then there's those nights when you can almost bet all the numbers that hit will have been out less than 10 games.

LOL as for Steve Player, I want to put the money in my pocket NOT his!

Chicago
            United States
            Member #70678
            February 8, 2009
            889 Posts
            Posted: February 21, 2010, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Rowen thanks for responding!  Yeah I've also thought about whether it's better to go for one big play or to wait till the odds look good and then spread it out for say a week.

Right now I'm still thinking about what I want to do but I do want to do this. I figure I've spent $100 dollars for one chance in a raffle. Why not 100 chances at the lottery.

Illinois
              United States
              Member #82001
              November 3, 2009
              890 Posts
              Posted: February 22, 2010, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Rowen thanks for responding!  Yeah I've also thought about whether it's better to go for one big play or to wait till the odds look good and then spread it out for say a week.

Right now I'm still thinking about what I want to do but I do want to do this. I figure I've spent $100 dollars for one chance in a raffle. Why not 100 chances at the lottery.

speaking of raffle, why not get one of the IL St. pat raffle unless that what you're already referring to. I already got mine.

Chicago
                United States
                Member #70678
                February 8, 2009
                889 Posts
                Posted: February 22, 2010, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

speaking of raffle, why not get one of the IL St. pat raffle unless that what you're already referring to. I already got mine.

Yeah I saw that on the IL lottery website.(I need to go back and read it) The raffle I'm talking about is a church raffle. Tickets are $100 a piece, the number of tickets is limited and top prize is $50,000. I've bought these tickets a few times and didn't get upset that I didn't win. Sometimes you just have to take a chance. That's why I'm willing to spend the $100 on Little Lotto. I see it as more of a challenge than anything.....but a fun challenge.

I need to sit down and start working out some ideas on paper to get a better idea of what I'm looking at.....and I need the time to do it. That's why I'm not in any hurry.

Another idea I had was to focus my lines of play more heavily on say the numbers 10 - 30 but still including 1 - 9 and 31 - 39. I need to look at my charts and see  if there's  a noticeable middle range of numbers to work with. I'm also considering  playing numbers that have been out say 10 or less games more heavily mixed with numbers that have been out say less than 20 games. I would still include numbers that have been out over 20 games but maybe not repeat them. I don't know just some ideas.

I also figure if I play the $100 all at once I can probably try a few methods. This should be interesting.

Illinois
                  United States
                  Member #82001
                  November 3, 2009
                  890 Posts
                  Posted: February 23, 2010, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I saw that on the IL lottery website.(I need to go back and read it) The raffle I'm talking about is a church raffle. Tickets are $100 a piece, the number of tickets is limited and top prize is $50,000. I've bought these tickets a few times and didn't get upset that I didn't win. Sometimes you just have to take a chance. That's why I'm willing to spend the $100 on Little Lotto. I see it as more of a challenge than anything.....but a fun challenge.

I need to sit down and start working out some ideas on paper to get a better idea of what I'm looking at.....and I need the time to do it. That's why I'm not in any hurry.

Another idea I had was to focus my lines of play more heavily on say the numbers 10 - 30 but still including 1 - 9 and 31 - 39. I need to look at my charts and see  if there's  a noticeable middle range of numbers to work with. I'm also considering  playing numbers that have been out say 10 or less games more heavily mixed with numbers that have been out say less than 20 games. I would still include numbers that have been out over 20 games but maybe not repeat them. I don't know just some ideas.

I also figure if I play the $100 all at once I can probably try a few methods. This should be interesting.

Gotcha. There are couple of school and church raffle too around my town. It does soften the blow when you don't win because it for a good cause.

Sound like you got a plan. Good Luck!!!

Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: February 23, 2010, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Gotcha. There are couple of school and church raffle too around my town. It does soften the blow when you don't win because it for a good cause.

Sound like you got a plan. Good Luck!!!

Thanks (for the good luck) and thanks for the heads up on the IL raffle.  I took the time to read about it at the lottery website and I think I'll get in on this too.

wildspecks's avatar - Yavill
                      North Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #79918
                      September 12, 2009
                      49 Posts
                      Posted: March 2, 2010, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

I really like Gail Howard's systems.  Smile

Chicago
                        United States
                        Member #70678
                        February 8, 2009
                        889 Posts
                        Posted: March 3, 2010, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

I really like Gail Howard's systems.  Smile

Hey wildspecks,

I have Gail Howards Lottery Master Guide as well as Lotto Winning Wheels for Powerball & Megamillions.

I don't have any of her software but I do keep a current Drawings Since Hit Chart for Little Lotto.

When it comes to choosing numbers I've learned to keep it simple. I enjoy the challenge of choosing numbers but working thru all Gails charts not to mention keeping them updated was a little too much. I still haven't figured out which combination of charts works the best. I remember looking at a number and because one of her charts didn't favor it I left it out only to have it hit. I have also used her charts and picked numbers I was sure to hit only to have them come out a few days later. LOL all part of playing the game.

United States
                          Member #39194
                          May 12, 2006
                          28 Posts
                          Posted: March 11, 2010, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

What is the purpose of playing a 5/39 wheel for a 39 number lottery? Is the theory behind it to spread out the numbers?

Also do you know how many lines and the guarantee of those two wheels?  Sounds like there are too many lines for the regular player to play. I'd also never get Steve Player's wheel from what I've read here, and at that price for a wheel!

Thanks!

Chicago
                            United States
                            Member #70678
                            February 8, 2009
                            889 Posts
                            Posted: March 12, 2010, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

NOOOOO!  The game I want to play is Little Lotto...a 5/39 game. And I'm willing to spend $100 for 100 lines and I want to do this in one play!

No this ISN'T my normal playstyle but this year instead of blowing $100 for ONE raffle ticket I thought it would be more fun to buy 100 tickets and try to win the lottery instead.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: March 31, 2010, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

Wait for its jackpot to get near its peak or greater than the odds of winning before playing.

Ohio Rolling Cash5 (5/39) rolled to $394K tonight, so I may buy a few tickets tomorrow.

I've waited and now for April Fools day, Ohio Rolling Cash5 will be $553K, I'm almost ready to make out some tickets for tomorrows drawing.

Evil Looking