Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Combined Filters

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 7 years ago by user044.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: February 21, 2010, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

It is an error for lottery softwares not to have and make use of what I guess could be called combined filters or some other name(s).

When you have 2 choices it is either one or the other, few choices of filter patterns often lead to filter failure when using what I call "The Negative Prediction" technique.

Some examples of 2 choice Boxed or straight filters are: (Mostly already includes All)

High or Low (Mostly)

Even or Odd (Mostly)

In or Out (Mostly)

How can statistics tell you which of the 2 patterns will come out next and which one won't?

Your chances of being right and or wrong might be 50 percent either way, that is 50% chance of being wrong and or right, that is not good, but is bad.

If you have any 10 equal patterns and if you filter out only 1 of the 10, your chances of being right might be about 90%, but if you filter out 5 of them, you might lower your chances to maybe about 50%.

There should be a balance between amount of filtration and accuracy of the prediction, accuracy being the chance of the filtration not failing.

Too much filtration used on each filter lowers the accuracy of the prediction and makes for more filters failures.

But too little filtration leaves too many combinations that need to be bought and played and as we know, the lottery pays too little.

If the game is fair and honestJester Laugh, then we will only be dealing with what they might call "Random Factors", then more filters and patterns for each filter might be needed.

Having the wrong filters-patterns might be the same as having no filters-patterns as then they might be useless.

Winning by division (Filtering Out) and by numbers (Having many filters-Patterns) is what "Negative Prediction" is about.

-----------

An example:

We do see Hot Patterns here, but it is a very risky thing:

11/25/2009;4;5;0;Mostly low
11/26/2009;0;4;3;All low
11/27/2009;7;2;9;Mostly high
11/28/2009;7;3;4;Mostly low
11/30/2009;4;9;5;Mostly high
12/1/2009;0;5;5;Mostly high
12/2/2009;0;4;5;Mostly low
12/3/2009;8;0;8;Mostly high
12/4/2009;8;6;1;Mostly high
12/5/2009;6;5;8;All high
12/7/2009;9;1;1;Mostly low
12/8/2009;4;6;4;Mostly low
12/9/2009;2;5;7;Mostly high
12/10/2009;0;8;1;Mostly low
12/11/2009;6;0;1;Mostly low
12/12/2009;1;8;6;Mostly high
12/14/2009;8;4;2;Mostly low
12/15/2009;2;3;1;All low
12/16/2009;1;1;0;All low
12/17/2009;3;0;9;Mostly low
12/18/2009;3;8;3;Mostly low
12/19/2009;9;1;0;Mostly low
12/21/2009;6;4;4;Mostly low
12/22/2009;0;4;7;Mostly low
12/23/2009;6;5;7;All high
12/24/2009;4;3;6;Mostly low
12/25/2009;9;9;9;All high

This listings format is uneven, the date should have 2 digits for the Day and also 2 for the Month, such as:

12/08/2009 instead of 12/8/2009.

The patterns themselves could just be represented by equal length symbols such as either digits or letters, but I know that that would confuse some or many people:

For example:

0 = Mostly Low

1 = Mostly High

2 = All Low

3 = All High

Then it would be easier to see and also count each of the 4 patterns there, but there could also be a choice of just:

Mostly Low and Mostly High, just 2 equal patterns, then:

0 = Mostly Low

1 = Mostly High

Each pattern then equals 1/2 of the total combinations.

But as I said, it might be best in some or many cases to instead use many patterns for each filter and if each of the patterns are more or less equal then even better yet.

----------

Well, by combined filters what I have in mind is kind of like these examples:

Low-Even = LE

Low-Odd = LO

High-Even = HE

High-Odd = HO

Not exactly equal patterns, but close enough.

Those patterns in some way apply oe might apply to other numeric filters and or digits-numbers.

-----------

As to Hot-Cold filters-patterns, one should first setup the basic rules of their use, with them their being many more variables and also it might be best if the Hot-Cold counting is not done in the regular way, but in a weighted way, I also have posted about that before.

I might later today explain what I mean by that.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

United States
    Member #68002
    December 10, 2008
    477 Posts
    Posted: February 21, 2010, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Low-Even = LE

Low-Odd = LO

High-Even = HE

High-Odd = HO

(Well it's nice too see someone else has discovered this little gem besides me,I use it for selecting lead numbers for Positions 1-2)

Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: February 21, 2010, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Low-Even = LE

Low-Odd = LO

High-Even = HE

High-Odd = HO

(Well it's nice too see someone else has discovered this little gem besides me,I use it for selecting lead numbers for Positions 1-2)

Yes, but it is very old stuff, known about it for many years, but lottery programs are very far behind.

United States
        Member #68002
        December 10, 2008
        477 Posts
        Posted: February 21, 2010, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

True but there are some very good programs out there that have an excellent array of filtering options

Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: February 21, 2010, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

The regular Hot-Cold count:

Boxed:

Pick a particular number of past draws.

Aways use the same number of past draws.

There are 10 digits from 0 to 9 to be counted.

Count all Zeroes on all 3 positions on all those draws that you are going to use.

Do the same for all the other 9 digits.

Each of the 10 boxed digits would have come out a given number of times.

Some digits more often than others.

And some the same as others.

The digits that came out more times will be hotter than the others that came out fewer times.

The problem might be that either always or sometimes, some digits will come out the same number of times as other digits.

-------

It is the same for straight Hot-Cold, but the digits counted are done by position and not boxed for all positions.

--------

The first rule in any way is that always the very same number of past draws needs to be used, but it does not have to be the same number of past draws for boxed counting as it is used for straight counting.

Maybe for boxed counting fewer draws could be used than for straight counting.

----------

A maybe better way:

If 10 past draws were used:

12/15/2009    2    3    1  X 1 
          12/16/2009    1    1    0  X 2  
          12/17/2009    3    0    9  X 3  
          12/18/2009    3    8    3   X 4 
          12/19/2009    9    1    0    X 5
          12/21/2009    6    4    4    X 6
          12/22/2009    0    4    7  = X 7 Times   
          12/23/2009    6    5    7    = X 8 Times
          12/24/2009    4    3    6    Digits here = X 9
          12/25/2009    9    9    9 Newest and last draw. Digits here coiunt X 10

The digits are weighted by each past draw used in that kind of way, that could be rule # 2.

If 5 past draws were used then they would be weighted from 5 to 1, if 15 past draws then from 15 to 1.

It is possible that even sometimes or often or always some digits might have the same count, so 1 or more rules might be needed.

For example, if 2 digits or more have the same count then the digit(s) that has 1 or the most digits closer to the very last draw that came out is hotter than the other, that would maybe break the tie(s).

Other rules could be possible, but I think that only those might be needed.

As to how to use those Hot-Cold counts, that is for another post sometime soon maybe.

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: February 21, 2010, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

?I made that post just a moment ago and something happened as it does sometimes when I am posting, the post was "lost" and I was out of LP all at once, it happens every so often along with other "Weird things"

I can't again make the post today, it will have to wait for some other time.

You have no idea how many past posts I have lost in some very weird ways, a few sometimes I can recover and or repost, but many just get lost-deleted even before they get posted and don't get reposted due to some reasons, like their being too hard to make and or too long and or just can't remember exactly what I had made.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
              Member #13130
              March 30, 2005
              2171 Posts
              Posted: February 21, 2010, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

You're unlikely to find any off-the-shelf lottery software that does exactly what you want.

That leaves you with a) putting bits and pieces of different filters and workouts together, b) having something custom written, or c) making your own code.

Filters that are 50/50 are best left for when you've exausted all the ones that are more tilted one way or the other.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                Chicago
                United States
                Member #70678
                February 8, 2009
                889 Posts
                Posted: February 21, 2010, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

?I made that post just a moment ago and something happened as it does sometimes when I am posting, the post was "lost" and I was out of LP all at once, it happens every so often along with other "Weird things"

I can't again make the post today, it will have to wait for some other time.

You have no idea how many past posts I have lost in some very weird ways, a few sometimes I can recover and or repost, but many just get lost-deleted even before they get posted and don't get reposted due to some reasons, like their being too hard to make and or too long and or just can't remember exactly what I had made.

Whenever I'm on the "beast monster" aka my mini-notebook computer (wireless) it seems to have a mind of it's own. One minute I'm in a forum and the next I'm at a previous website I visited. I don't have this problem when I'm on my desk PC.

United States
                  Member #68002
                  December 10, 2008
                  477 Posts
                  Posted: February 22, 2010, 10:59 am - IP Logged

"Time Treat"

Your exactly right that's why I have an arsenal of GOOD programs and usually combine 2 or 3 (if necessary)that have the best analysis features and filtering options and so far it's worked quite well,I use P34Lotto and LotsoftPro  for the Play 4 and for the Cash 3 I use P34Lotto and Pro-Filter 3.

user044's avatar - Lottery-016.jpg
                    Upstate New York
                    United States
                    Member #48358
                    December 23, 2006
                    152 Posts
                    Posted: February 22, 2010, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

"Time Treat"

Your exactly right that's why I have an arsenal of GOOD programs and usually combine 2 or 3 (if necessary)that have the best analysis features and filtering options and so far it's worked quite well,I use P34Lotto and LotsoftPro  for the Play 4 and for the Cash 3 I use P34Lotto and Pro-Filter 3.

Expert lotto has a decent array of good filters some of which I still dont understand after using it for a year. Sadly it only works with the pick 5 and pick6 lotteries. I have looked at p34 lotto and it does have some very nice features. 

I have googled Pro-Filter 3 and cannot find a web site that offers this software. Could you please advise me as to where to find this program? Many thanks in advance.

jeff

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.

United States
                      Member #68002
                      December 10, 2008
                      477 Posts
                      Posted: February 22, 2010, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

Do a search for "IntelBet Lottery Tools" once you get too the site look at the left side under MENU towards the bottom you will see a listing for "Pro-Filter 3"

user044's avatar - Lottery-016.jpg
                        Upstate New York
                        United States
                        Member #48358
                        December 23, 2006
                        152 Posts
                        Posted: February 22, 2010, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Do a search for "IntelBet Lottery Tools" once you get too the site look at the left side under MENU towards the bottom you will see a listing for "Pro-Filter 3"

Found it.  Thank you very much again!

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.