Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MM & PB Jackpot winners.

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 7 years ago by joker17.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
CA
United States
Member #84266
December 26, 2009
410 Posts
Posted: February 22, 2010, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone else wonder what kind of players/ person they were before they hit the jackpot?

Did they join lottery forums such as this?

Did they only play ocassionally?

Did they play for fun?

Did they obsess about numbers?

Did they win on a quick pick?

I read about a MM jack pot winner that was a NASCAR fan. He won on a QP but instead of going to claim right away, he gave it to his dad to hold onto it and went to the race. Lol.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10344 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2010, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

The stories that stand out for me are one a few years ago about a woman who hit a jackpot in the summer and held the ticket until Christmas, wrapped it up, gave it to her hisband as a Christmas present and said, " This is the best I could do this year."

Another is the 19 year old girl in Georgia that won the a jackpot the first time she ever played a ticket.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

cope's avatar - usconstitution
      Texas
      United States
      Member #86370
      February 3, 2010
      200 Posts
      Posted: February 23, 2010, 12:05 am - IP Logged

(I hope you don't mind, I'm checking tonight's tickets while I type this)

Anyway, I was wondering the same thing.  If I hit the lottery tonight, would I continue to frequent this message board?  Probably not.  Let me explain.  The reason I wouldn't post here anymore is

BE JOYFUL ALWAYS, PRAY CONTINUALLY, AND GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES.

CA
        United States
        Member #84266
        December 26, 2009
        410 Posts
        Posted: February 23, 2010, 12:54 am - IP Logged

The stories that stand out for me are one a few years ago about a woman who hit a jackpot in the summer and held the ticket until Christmas, wrapped it up, gave it to her hisband as a Christmas present and said, " This is the best I could do this year."

Another is the 19 year old girl in Georgia that won the a jackpot the first time she ever played a ticket.

The day I turned 18 I went and bought a Super Lotto ticket. Obviously I didn't win. Lol.

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: February 23, 2010, 1:06 am - IP Logged

Does anyone else wonder what kind of players/ person they were before they hit the jackpot?

Did they join lottery forums such as this?

Did they only play ocassionally?

Did they play for fun?

Did they obsess about numbers?

Did they win on a quick pick?

I read about a MM jack pot winner that was a NASCAR fan. He won on a QP but instead of going to claim right away, he gave it to his dad to hold onto it and went to the race. Lol.

Yes, they did win on a QP. But they only won 5 bucks.