Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$300 on 1125?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 7 years ago by marcie.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Would you put $300 on a number that usually follows a dream?

Yes, I'd do it in a heart beat [ 13 ]  [30.23%]
No, I think this guy is deranged [ 6 ]  [13.95%]
Definitely not! [ 24 ]  [55.81%]
Total Valid Votes [ 43 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
WILLWRK4NUMBERS's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
ATLANTA, GA
United States
Member #78958
August 24, 2009
5088 Posts
Posted: March 1, 2010, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

So, I'm in the store, the last week of February, just to observe what people are playing and everyone is playing triples and quads.

I was really upset the night before because GA lottery drew 7778.  I dreamt the nite before that I put $5 on 777 so ofcourse I was playing 7775 & 7707, oooops I digressed.Bash

Back to that day.  I'm talking to this gentleman and he tells me that the last time he dreamt about his son they pulled 1125 and he caught it straight with $200 on it.  Needless to say, he states he dreamt about his son the night prior so he put $300 on 1125 (his sons birthday) for that evening.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever had a hunch like that and if so,  were they willing to put that much money on one number?

I'm still dreaming about myself andthe series numbers are still due so I'm still playing my name:  576,476, 5768, 4678.  Hmmmh???? Should I add 1125?  It couldn't hurtI Agree!

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40572 Posts
    Posted: March 1, 2010, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

If i was a millionaire and had that kind of money maybe, but i'm a hundredaire with kids to feed so i stick to my allowance.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: March 1, 2010, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

If i was a millionaire and had that kind of money maybe, but i'm a hundredaire with kids to feed so i stick to my allowance.

I'm a twentyaire so probably not.

Different story if you have money already.

It all depends on how much it would bother you to put $300 on a one chance in 10,000 shot and lose.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40572 Posts
        Posted: March 1, 2010, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Maybe on the Kentucky derby. I'm good at picking horses yet i never go or play.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: March 1, 2010, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Depends how much you make a year: $70K-100K then do it...

less than that i dont know...I am not telling you not to play, yes play but how much is what i dont know what to tell you...

Something you could do if you feel very strong about it and you know is rare for you to make such a bet, you could gather friend/family members ask: $30 from each it will be:

$200 divided by $30 = 6

6 x $30 = $180

And you put the: $120

But you make a pact/agreement...That if you win: they get: $100k and you get the rest:

$100K x 6 = $600,000

$300 x $5,000 = 1.5 million

1.5 Million minus $600K =  $900,000 and you stay with: $900,000...

the way i see it is: Everyone seems to have $20 in the States, to people: $20 is like: $5...So $30 is just: $10 more than: $20...PLUS THEY ARE WINNING SOMETHING...

This is only if is rare that you make: $300 bets and you are very sure of it...Again it depends how much YOU make a year...

I was just suggesting is up to you i cant tell you what to do...

You can do some expensive calculation you can have a supercomputer doing state of the art numeric technology or number theory and someone else will have a dream and beat you with the dream...

I dont know if dreams are from the beyond but they seem to take into account what i call rupture in time, they can sense the vibrations that objects make and they can even see themselves on the picture and have into account the dominoe effect, and sense smells that objects give, something a supercomputer no matter how sophisticated with a system can not do yet...

a supercomputer could beat a dream many times, but a dream does it with 1 ticket which a supercomputer can not do...

for a supercomputer to get like the ¨BEYOND¨ it will have to start studying: FRACTALS...Which is a little close to life scenrios....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
            Illinois
            United States
            Member #82001
            November 3, 2009
            890 Posts
            Posted: March 2, 2010, 12:01 am - IP Logged

That's alot of money but if I had $300 to blow guess I would rather play pick 4 than Powerball any day. I would still be nervous as heck and would need some strong drinks leading up the drawing...

Norfolk,VA
              United States
              Member #83225
              December 2, 2009
              757 Posts
              Posted: March 2, 2010, 12:14 am - IP Logged

I'm a twentyaire so probably not.

Different story if you have money already.

It all depends on how much it would bother you to put $300 on a one chance in 10,000 shot and lose.

lol..... im with you.......

''YOU CAN PAY FOR SCHOOL BUT, YOU CAN'T BUY CLASS''Thumbs Up

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: March 2, 2010, 12:17 am - IP Logged

I chose...."defintely not", but with an exception. Only if the dream or whatever is as strong as the first time it happened to me a few years back. (read the paragraph below this one).

I almost did that years back, but chickened out with only 6 tickets and won 3 grand. I wasn't going to play 300 worth but i was going to put at least a hundred. I even stopped half way back home and contemplated going back.

The number was 984.

The problem with mediocre hunches is that they don't hit as often as I'd like. But....... If or when I see the same kind of powerful red flags as before, like the 984 years earlier, you betcha I'll plop down 300 bucks with no problem.

You only have to show me once....lol 

CT
                  United States
                  Member #87413
                  February 24, 2010
                  11 Posts
                  Posted: March 2, 2010, 12:23 am - IP Logged

A while back I had a dream.And in this dream I was visiting my parents.I walked outside and it was raining basketballs!....Orange Basketballs!.......Okay,I awake, write down the dream and ponder the dream.Basketballs could be........O.....a 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80...anything with a zero,any number that is round........or  how about what number represents the color Orange?.......that's it! the 7,back then I used to play the greyhounds,and the number 7 had an off color Orange vest!...And since my father lives up North(CT/MA)state line,I knew that in the dream,the 7's were going to be drawn up north.I knew that tonight the number 7777 was going to win in the Play 4.So I jumped into my vehicle,didn't do the speed limit,crossed the state line,and drove to a Variety Store in Worcester,MA.I filled out a Play 4 card.....7777-Straight-10 tickets! I handed the cashier the cards,he entered them into the lottery machine and then told me that the  number is all sold out!What the ?....I said"What do you mean,all sold out?"He said something to the effect that the lottery stopped certain numbers from being played due to an "Over payout resulting in the state losing money.....Blah Blah Blah.......I was pissed,and off I went,out the door!.........What came up later?   7777 it payed BIG!...and I didn't realize that I could have played,the first 3,the last three,the first two, or the last two numbers,or the middle two!!.......................

So,if anyone out there reads this and dreams about "Raining Orange Basketballs"wake up,don't take a shower,just fly to the nearest Lottery Sales Store Quick!!!And buy the numbers....7777!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #56506
                    November 21, 2007
                    6537 Posts
                    Posted: March 2, 2010, 12:51 am - IP Logged

I really can't see myself putting that much money on one number. The most I put on one number at once was $5.00 and when that number didn't come out I felt bad. I can't even image what my reaction would be if I put $300 on a number and it didn't come out.

However, I might be singing a different tune if I had money to spare and the $300 wasn't a big deal. But at this time in my life, no way! Now, if I had a dream where the hunch was strong, I could see myself putting $10 or $20 (which is still a bit unlikely), but it is a lot more realistic for me then $300.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: March 2, 2010, 8:01 am - IP Logged

I chose...."defintely not", but with an exception. Only if the dream or whatever is as strong as the first time it happened to me a few years back. (read the paragraph below this one).

I almost did that years back, but chickened out with only 6 tickets and won 3 grand. I wasn't going to play 300 worth but i was going to put at least a hundred. I even stopped half way back home and contemplated going back.

The number was 984.

The problem with mediocre hunches is that they don't hit as often as I'd like. But....... If or when I see the same kind of powerful red flags as before, like the 984 years earlier, you betcha I'll plop down 300 bucks with no problem.

You only have to show me once....lol 

Yes I agree, if the funds are there and I am as sure as I was about 0000 coming, I would!!

The problem is when the number delays, and comes  a day or two or even weeks  later, and you have depleted the Investment down;  then you can't put as much as you would have on the number.  

This happened to me resently with 0000 I knew it was comming for about 8 weeks,  I was playing it I was putting $20 then to the end I was down to $1.00 one dollar!  Then I was liking all the quads!!  9999 in particular so I bought 50 cents on 0000, then at the last minute I put the other 50 cents on the 0000 and walked away from the 9999, Because I had Invested most of my money on 0000.   

The 0000 finally comes.  I see that I made about, $2,300 Profit on that number, So I say all this to say that, Only if the funds were there and I am prepared to stick with the number!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23275 Posts
                        Posted: March 2, 2010, 8:20 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Mystical forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

LEELEESMOMMY's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
                          NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #66834
                          November 8, 2008
                          432 Posts
                          Posted: March 2, 2010, 8:25 am - IP Logged

So, I'm in the store, the last week of February, just to observe what people are playing and everyone is playing triples and quads.

I was really upset the night before because GA lottery drew 7778.  I dreamt the nite before that I put $5 on 777 so ofcourse I was playing 7775 & 7707, oooops I digressed.Bash

Back to that day.  I'm talking to this gentleman and he tells me that the last time he dreamt about his son they pulled 1125 and he caught it straight with $200 on it.  Needless to say, he states he dreamt about his son the night prior so he put $300 on 1125 (his sons birthday) for that evening.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever had a hunch like that and if so,  were they willing to put that much money on one number?

I'm still dreaming about myself andthe series numbers are still due so I'm still playing my name:  576,476, 5768, 4678.  Hmmmh???? Should I add 1125?  It couldn't hurtI Agree!

If I had $300 to spare maybe... but in NY a person dreamed about his deceased mother and played her birthday for a whopping 700.00 - he won 3.5 million dollars . talk about balls!!! Sometimes a hunch just pays off.  I will add 1125 to my list in NY hey you never know!

7981  7098  9681  2910  1089  9760

012 032 213 .... Let's get this money!!

mangoskin's avatar - anglewings
                            Long Island
                            Bahamas
                            Member #65783
                            October 6, 2008
                            1752 Posts
                            Posted: March 2, 2010, 8:31 am - IP Logged

If I had even 20bucks on the day that GA threw 7778, I would be sitting pretty. I saw that number on  a license plate, a car had cut in front of me. And I was right in front of the store that the sell numbers at when that happened. I said wow triple 777  so I said I should go and play 7778, I didn't. the number walked right in Georgia like an hour later. How is that for luck.

Play your age along with your name number.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                              Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #49980
                              February 21, 2007
                              34165 Posts
                              Posted: March 2, 2010, 8:48 am - IP Logged

That would be crazy!! Why not play the Mega Million!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.