Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cross-selling working?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 7 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: March 7, 2010, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Kinda interesting to see the sales numbers since the games started cross-selling.  The states are still playing heavily on the side of the game that was originally sold in their state.  Original Powerball states are not buying many Mega Millions tickets and original Mega Millions states (which tend to be very populous) are not buying many PowerBall tickets.  Not that is was a failure to start offering both games but you can definetly still see a bias toward the original game.

Brad

lotteryfan's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Toronto, Ontario
    Canada
    Member #87049
    February 16, 2010
    11 Posts
    Posted: March 7, 2010, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

People just need to get used to it. I think, eventually, they will start playing whichever game has the higher jackpot.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1953 Posts
      Posted: March 7, 2010, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

Considering how much bigger the jackpot rolls have been, I'd say it's working quite well.

Gonna win.Big Smile

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
        Member #32537
        February 12, 2006
        698 Posts
        Posted: March 8, 2010, 4:41 am - IP Logged

i did a post about how much better pb jackpot was on getting up much faster then old rolls did

take old big jackpots for pb , on 2009 augest

on its 9th roll it was  102m

on Our current jackpot thats on its 9th roll, its 170m

you tell me, in 9 rollovers you  have a jackpot at 102m, vs current jackpot with   9 rollovers thats 170m pb jackpot!

is it working you ask

, ITs not only working, ITS far greater then must think

take it this way

, it taken 13th rollover draws for  it to reach 161m during augest 2009 run,  vs  we did  it in 9 rollovers flat

vs their old 13 needed to even reach near 170m

i have never Ever seen jackpots fly this fast,  so its cross selling is working great

am <snip> sure all states are making more Money selling both games

then just selling one

people like the big jackpot games, they play them, its that simple

o and mega millions doing great too

but powerball has by far got the best of the cross selling agreement,  its like a totaly new game  on how much faster it gets to big jackpots in shorter time

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
          Chicago
          United States
          Member #70678
          February 8, 2009
          889 Posts
          Posted: March 8, 2010, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

I can play both but don't play either one. I do know people who got excited that PB was coming here. LOL like they couldn't win at MM so now they're gonna try to win PB with even worse odds.

Too bad both games are run by the state! Could you imagine the changes that would be made to both games in an effort to get us to play one game over the other?  Ok just dreamin' here : )