Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wheels for Texas Two Step

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Mesquite, TX
United States
Member #88010
March 8, 2010
3 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2010, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

I have had success with Gail Howard's five number wheels in Texas Cash Five. I am looking for four number wheels suitable for Texas Two Step. The four number wheel here at Lottery Post seems to be for a different sort of game (four numbers in the range of 1 to 9). Would anyone have a suggestion for Texas Two Step-compatible wheels? Games with a smaller number of numbers seem to be easier to win.

Jim C Bender, programmer, historical researcher, and writer

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5603 Posts
    Posted: March 11, 2010, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

You might try wheels that play numbers in blocks of 2.

For ex: 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8.

1-2-3-4

1-2-5-6

1-2-7-8

3-4-5-6

3-4-7-8

5-6-7-8

The only problem with a wheel like this is that it's quite possible to only have 2 winning numbers on a line without the bonus ball. Unfortunately, 2 numbers without the bonus ball wins nothing. You must have 3 out of 4 or have the right bonus ball number to win.

At any rate, I like 2 Step. I win more on this game than any other. Good luck.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: March 12, 2010, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

i to prefer a Pick4/35 + Pick1/32 over any pick5 is a lot better...I dont know why state set a 2 step kind of game and next to it is a pick5 on the same state....The way i see it is that there is a great abyss between Pick4 (regular pick4) and pick5....There is no game in between pick4 (regular pick4) and pick5...Something that will pay: $15,000, or $20,000 or $30,000 or even: $40,000....You know: unfortunately they take taxes, but $40,000 is: 70% sometimes, 85% of the price of certain homes in different places around the world, nice for a vacation home you know retired people or vacations in winters or kids vacations....And tell me which one do you prefer, have a: $90,000 nice looking house in 1 country or having 3; $50,000 homes in 3 different countries....Thought so...Not just that houses in the country side sometimes are a little more cheaper...I was talking about the capital province...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: March 12, 2010, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

You might try wheels that play numbers in blocks of 2.

For ex: 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8.

1-2-3-4

1-2-5-6

1-2-7-8

3-4-5-6

3-4-7-8

5-6-7-8

The only problem with a wheel like this is that it's quite possible to only have 2 winning numbers on a line without the bonus ball. Unfortunately, 2 numbers without the bonus ball wins nothing. You must have 3 out of 4 or have the right bonus ball number to win.

At any rate, I like 2 Step. I win more on this game than any other. Good luck.

i thought about this before but i wasnt sure if someone could do it and you will have to know what you are doing...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: March 12, 2010, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

you know $20,000 or $30,000 or $40,000 can be a hospital bill too...

United States
            Member #83701
            December 13, 2009
            225 Posts
            Posted: March 13, 2010, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

I have had success with Gail Howard's five number wheels in Texas Cash Five. I am looking for four number wheels suitable for Texas Two Step. The four number wheel here at Lottery Post seems to be for a different sort of game (four numbers in the range of 1 to 9). Would anyone have a suggestion for Texas Two Step-compatible wheels? Games with a smaller number of numbers seem to be easier to win.

I did a wheel which covered three number combinations, i.e.: the line 1 2 3 4 covers the three number combinations of 1 2 3, 1 2 4, 1 3 4, and 2 3 4.   Of course you can't cover every possible three number combinations without overlap but I was looking for how many lines could be played before there was overlap as that would be the sweet spot between the probability of winning a prize and the number of chances per dollar spent, after that point each line played would represent diminishing returns.   Of course this results in 1,288 non-overlapping lines to be played for a field of 35 numbers.   If you separate the numbers into 18 hot and 17 cold by statistics, a concept that I believe has little merit, then there are 148 non-overlapping lines to be played.   If you believe that you can choose a subset of 26 numbers within which the numbers drawn will be then there are 518 non-overlapping lines to be played.    Note that these are not the plays needed to cover all possible three number combinations but the number of plays that could cover as many of the three number combinations before multiple plays share some combinations.   a wheel with a subset of 9 numbers (the idea is that you pick the 9 numbers out of the 35 that you believe are most likely to be drawn and then substitute them into the wheel) should have 14 non-overlapping lines.   However the chances of getting the four numbers drawn in your subset of 9 is quite slim.   It's easier to think of the 9 numbers as being nine letters that you later replace with your 9 favorites from the field of 35.

Mesquite, TX
              United States
              Member #88010
              March 8, 2010
              3 Posts
              Posted: March 13, 2010, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Thank you. That makes some sense. I was surprised that there were not any published wheels like there are for the 5/37 game. I use heuristics to sort numbers for different scenarios and then use the same wheels to generate picks based on those sortings. Gail Howard's book for 5/3x games works well, while her wheels for Mega Millions, Powerball, and Lotto Texas don't work so well. For my Texas Two Step program (4/35 + bonus ball), I had to make up several wheels (without any particular system) and then could occasionally generate a winner. My Cash Five program will generate a grand prize winner every 3-7 days and 60-140 4/5 winners a day. It is difficult to judge what to play, since my program generates some 266,000 picks (5 number game plays). I pick out blocks to play and can win something every day I play.

Jim C Bender, programmer, historical researcher, and writer

United States
                Member #83701
                December 13, 2009
                225 Posts
                Posted: March 13, 2010, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Thank you. That makes some sense. I was surprised that there were not any published wheels like there are for the 5/37 game. I use heuristics to sort numbers for different scenarios and then use the same wheels to generate picks based on those sortings. Gail Howard's book for 5/3x games works well, while her wheels for Mega Millions, Powerball, and Lotto Texas don't work so well. For my Texas Two Step program (4/35 + bonus ball), I had to make up several wheels (without any particular system) and then could occasionally generate a winner. My Cash Five program will generate a grand prize winner every 3-7 days and 60-140 4/5 winners a day. It is difficult to judge what to play, since my program generates some 266,000 picks (5 number game plays). I pick out blocks to play and can win something every day I play.

The problem with these wheels is that you either gear it to maximum coverage to increase the probability of a hit or you try to get enough overlap for multiple prizes.   If going for the maximum coverage which makes sense as it's already so hard to win, the tickets are exclusive, if one wins something, the others will definitely not win so it's difficult to make your money back to any degree.   The goal is to lose as little as possible while playing a good spread while you wait for a big hit but with the subsidiary prizes in these games being so low in value, it's hard to do anything to slow down the outflow of money.  

To a certain extent perhaps the strategy to use is not coverage but simply minimal purchase, a single quick pick per draw will give you the maximum number of chances at prizes per dollar regardless of what number it is and then it's a matter of waiting for a big hit but with those odds, that's an awfully long time to wait.   It'll certainly cost a lot less to just play one line per draw and really does it change the odds of hitting the jackpot that much?

With the Pick3, you can usually optimize for the Sum It Up such that you can be 90% certain of a hit without playing more than half the sums and then it's just a matter of waiting for the 1 in a 1000 pick3 hit but that Sum It Up coverage is also exclusive so really you can only expect one win for each draw.   Pretty hard to stomach spending maybe $80 in wagers and getting maybe $30 in a single prize.

Well, I'm severely limited on funds at the moment so it'll have to be a single quick pick for tonight's Lotto Texas draw.

Monkey Butt, USA
                  United States
                  Member #54569
                  August 23, 2007
                  1124 Posts
                  Posted: March 28, 2010, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

Do you have her software also or just the book?  Have you checked Gail's site for any free pick 4 wheels she may have?

If you have time take a gander at the Brainstorming thread on the Systems fourm. We would welcome any input you may have reguarding your success. We would also welcome any pointers you would be willing to share.

As for the TX Two Step, I have Gail's Wheel Four Plus program and I use that when I am wheeling any numbers for the TX Two Step. My goal is to master my ability to accurately select up to 4 power numbers.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #86154
                    January 30, 2010
                    1649 Posts
                    Posted: March 28, 2010, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

The problem with these wheels is that you either gear it to maximum coverage to increase the probability of a hit or you try to get enough overlap for multiple prizes.   If going for the maximum coverage which makes sense as it's already so hard to win, the tickets are exclusive, if one wins something, the others will definitely not win so it's difficult to make your money back to any degree.   The goal is to lose as little as possible while playing a good spread while you wait for a big hit but with the subsidiary prizes in these games being so low in value, it's hard to do anything to slow down the outflow of money.  

To a certain extent perhaps the strategy to use is not coverage but simply minimal purchase, a single quick pick per draw will give you the maximum number of chances at prizes per dollar regardless of what number it is and then it's a matter of waiting for a big hit but with those odds, that's an awfully long time to wait.   It'll certainly cost a lot less to just play one line per draw and really does it change the odds of hitting the jackpot that much?

With the Pick3, you can usually optimize for the Sum It Up such that you can be 90% certain of a hit without playing more than half the sums and then it's just a matter of waiting for the 1 in a 1000 pick3 hit but that Sum It Up coverage is also exclusive so really you can only expect one win for each draw.   Pretty hard to stomach spending maybe $80 in wagers and getting maybe $30 in a single prize.

Well, I'm severely limited on funds at the moment so it'll have to be a single quick pick for tonight's Lotto Texas draw.

Buddy, you have the right ideas here, and, could cover lots of ground if you'd change your thoughts about spending that $80. If you had the power, you'd probably have me committed for spending $300 back in the day for str8 hits... Yep, you read that right.

L.L.