Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A few millions won't hurt...(I'm trippin'!)

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Entertaiment Capital
United States
Member #37800
April 19, 2006
302 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2010, 2:48 am - IP Logged

Winning 30 to 40 million dollars after tax and everything might be excessive unless if you are a responsible person. And it's a bit unlikely.

Now the jackpot amount for CA Super Lotto Plus is 21 mil. That means 9 mil after tax. (yep, I want the cash value) I have parents and two married younger sisters. I hope 9 mil is enough to share with my family. And actually, it is.

I just need the half of the winning to buy some properties around 300K or less. Yeah, I wanna be a landlord. I am aware of the all the headaches, but it can't be worse than what I am going through right now. If I am lucky enough I will have some decent tenants who won't set the house on fire or build a meth lab in the garage. (or both. It happens.) My sisters get 10% per person. And my parents get 30%. We will be all buying some properties and set up a small management business to handle a couple dozen properties. An American Dream indeed.

What about my own house? I don't need one for now. I can save up the incomes to buy a house later in my life. I'd be really happy with an upscale apartment (with the rent of $2K) in Pasadena, CA or near Little Tokyo. Well, I love Old Pasadena area. Whenever I drive by that area I feel at home. There's a nearby art supply store and whole lot of places to eat and shop. I try not to be too materialistic but spending a couple hundreds bucks per day after a big jackpot won't be that excessive.  No Bentley, no Bugatti, No Ferrari. I will just maintain my 2008 Camry and replace all the worn-out parts. I don't even need a Lexus.

I'd pay off my college loan and credit card bills. Who wants to live with debts? But that's how America works. It's a financial slavery and unfortunately that's how American economy works. In my home country, the interest rates for savings accounts used to be really high, and people were big on saving in the bank. Bear in mind that Warren Buffet criticized the current financial system for not encouraging Americans to save in the bank. Sadly, cash must flow.

And I want to help disabled vets. No, not the homeless ones. They are just beyond help. I want to help those Iraq veterans who lost their limbs or got into PTSD. I can send toys and educational aids for their children. And I would donate to local food banks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Then I can afford to take some art classes in local studios. I hope the jackpot winning will boost my self-esteem and motivation. See, the biggest reason for me to win a decent jackpot is to regain motivation and mend the damaged self-esteem.

I don't need the magnitude of wealth that Jack Whittaker won, unless I know exactly how to use and invest the money. Well, but I won't mind winning $300 millions after working at a video game studio for a few years. I want my own shop. :)

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2010, 2:57 am - IP Logged

From what I've read, building a meth lab in the garage is a good way to set the house on fire. Clown

There will be plenty of other people foregoing the purchase of a Lexus, too. They run real good, but stopping? Not so much. Scared

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2010, 10:44 am - IP Logged

Winning 30 to 40 million dollars after tax and everything might be excessive unless if you are a responsible person. And it's a bit unlikely.

Now the jackpot amount for CA Super Lotto Plus is 21 mil. That means 9 mil after tax. (yep, I want the cash value) I have parents and two married younger sisters. I hope 9 mil is enough to share with my family. And actually, it is.

I just need the half of the winning to buy some properties around 300K or less. Yeah, I wanna be a landlord. I am aware of the all the headaches, but it can't be worse than what I am going through right now. If I am lucky enough I will have some decent tenants who won't set the house on fire or build a meth lab in the garage. (or both. It happens.) My sisters get 10% per person. And my parents get 30%. We will be all buying some properties and set up a small management business to handle a couple dozen properties. An American Dream indeed.

What about my own house? I don't need one for now. I can save up the incomes to buy a house later in my life. I'd be really happy with an upscale apartment (with the rent of $2K) in Pasadena, CA or near Little Tokyo. Well, I love Old Pasadena area. Whenever I drive by that area I feel at home. There's a nearby art supply store and whole lot of places to eat and shop. I try not to be too materialistic but spending a couple hundreds bucks per day after a big jackpot won't be that excessive.  No Bentley, no Bugatti, No Ferrari. I will just maintain my 2008 Camry and replace all the worn-out parts. I don't even need a Lexus.

I'd pay off my college loan and credit card bills. Who wants to live with debts? But that's how America works. It's a financial slavery and unfortunately that's how American economy works. In my home country, the interest rates for savings accounts used to be really high, and people were big on saving in the bank. Bear in mind that Warren Buffet criticized the current financial system for not encouraging Americans to save in the bank. Sadly, cash must flow.

And I want to help disabled vets. No, not the homeless ones. They are just beyond help. I want to help those Iraq veterans who lost their limbs or got into PTSD. I can send toys and educational aids for their children. And I would donate to local food banks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Then I can afford to take some art classes in local studios. I hope the jackpot winning will boost my self-esteem and motivation. See, the biggest reason for me to win a decent jackpot is to regain motivation and mend the damaged self-esteem.

I don't need the magnitude of wealth that Jack Whittaker won, unless I know exactly how to use and invest the money. Well, but I won't mind winning $300 millions after working at a video game studio for a few years. I want my own shop. :)

ambelamba, I am a lot older than you, I can tell by the fact that you are talking about College loan! At my age we have paid that a long time ago, If we had any!

My point is I want to touch on the subject that you feel the winning of millions will help boost your damaged self-esteem! I don't know everything in life but thisone thing I do know, and Just so you know, Money will not do that!

A damaged self-esteem will more than likely cause you to lose, what you won!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
        Chicago
        United States
        Member #70678
        February 8, 2009
        889 Posts
        Posted: March 13, 2010, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

ambelamba........rosina is right.  Having more motivation or self esteem shouldn't be dependent on winning a large amount of money.

Entertaiment Capital
          United States
          Member #37800
          April 19, 2006
          302 Posts
          Posted: March 13, 2010, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

Right. But...my damaged ego was caused by a really traumatic event that shaped my life for last 7 years. The traumatic event was nearly a fatal blow to me.

Things got worse when I started having massive psychosomatic pain in 2005. Now I am pain-free but I am still suffering depression started in that year.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
            Chicago
            United States
            Member #70678
            February 8, 2009
            889 Posts
            Posted: March 13, 2010, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

Right. But...my damaged ego was caused by a really traumatic event that shaped my life for last 7 years. The traumatic event was nearly a fatal blow to me.

Things got worse when I started having massive psychosomatic pain in 2005. Now I am pain-free but I am still suffering depression started in that year.

Please don't take this the wrong way...maybe you need to get help for the depression. If you've had help maybe you need to explore other options.

Winning a large sum of money would be great and it would enable you to do alot of new things but the issues that are causing the depression will still be there.