Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Timing in Buying Lottery Tickets

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Santa Ana
United States
Member #71159
February 20, 2009
651 Posts
Posted: March 26, 2010, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone experienced buying lottery tickets at several local stores, only to find out that someone won the big jackpot the following day, week or month—Yesterday I found out that someone from one of the local liquor stores whom I buy lottery tickets every now and then, won $69K on Fantasy 5 on 3/6/10—talk about timing—I was on my way to Las Vegas that day and bought my Fantasy 5 ticket in Barstow and Baker…again—IT’S JUST THE LUCK OF THE DRAW—however I must admit I need better timing!!!Wink

Baton Rouge, LA
    United States
    Member #4602
    May 7, 2004
    699 Posts
    Posted: March 26, 2010, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone experienced buying lottery tickets at several local stores, only to find out that someone won the big jackpot the following day, week or month—Yesterday I found out that someone from one of the local liquor stores whom I buy lottery tickets every now and then, won $69K on Fantasy 5 on 3/6/10—talk about timing—I was on my way to Las Vegas that day and bought my Fantasy 5 ticket in Barstow and Baker…again—IT’S JUST THE LUCK OF THE DRAW—however I must admit I need better timing!!!Wink

I know the store I regularly buy from has sold some big winners, but none to me!

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40564 Posts
      Posted: March 26, 2010, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

whenever one of our retailers sells a big one they get a banner to hang up announcing it to the whole world.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Baton Rouge, LA
        United States
        Member #4602
        May 7, 2004
        699 Posts
        Posted: March 26, 2010, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

whenever one of our retailers sells a big one they get a banner to hang up announcing it to the whole world.

They do the same here, and the place I buy from has hung it up more than once.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: March 27, 2010, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Same here. At the little store that I regularly get my tickets from, the "big" winner is for a $10,000 winner.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: March 27, 2010, 4:29 am - IP Logged

When it's your time to win there ain't a power on earth that'll prevent it.

If your numbers came in last night and you didn't play them it's because it wasn't your time.

When it's your time you will buy the ticket at the right time and the right place and there ain't a dadgum thing you can do about it.

That's what I believe and studies have shown that I'm never wrong.

I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2010, 6:00 am - IP Logged

When it's your time to win there ain't a power on earth that'll prevent it.

If your numbers came in last night and you didn't play them it's because it wasn't your time.

When it's your time you will buy the ticket at the right time and the right place and there ain't a dadgum thing you can do about it.

That's what I believe and studies have shown that I'm never wrong.

I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

WHAT???!!!...Would you say that again but much slower..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: March 27, 2010, 7:09 am - IP Logged

WHAT???!!!...Would you say that again but much slower..

Studies... have... shown... that... I'm... never... wrong.

Yes, I conducted the studies myself but I've found them to be very reliable.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: March 27, 2010, 8:06 am - IP Logged

Studies... have... shown... that... I'm... never... wrong.

Yes, I conducted the studies myself but I've found them to be very reliable.

So then what time is it??..tiggs time..Time will tell,William..

Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40564 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2010, 9:02 am - IP Logged

So then what time is it??..tiggs time..Time will tell,William..

Time to get a watch william.LOL

i wrote that really slow

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: March 27, 2010, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Time to get a watch william.LOL

i wrote that really slow

tiggs lived in Michigan for about 30 years and it seemed like 100..Why is that??..Then tiggs got some smarts and moved out..

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        49808 Posts
                        Posted: March 27, 2010, 9:31 am - IP Logged

What are You going do to Improve?

Practice, Practice, Practice!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          40564 Posts
                          Posted: March 27, 2010, 10:12 am - IP Logged

tiggs lived in Michigan for about 30 years and it seemed like 100..Why is that??..Then tiggs got some smarts and moved out..

i agree....

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            CA
                            United States
                            Member #57222
                            December 23, 2007
                            587 Posts
                            Posted: March 27, 2010, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Dollar you're going to love this one!  There were three Fantasy Five winners on the day you wrote about and yes! one of the winners is the store I USED to get my tickets from all the time.  I stopped going there because the clerk always seemed to have a negative attitude so I stopped going because I didn't want him to touch my ticket with his BAD aura.  ( yes I stopped going for that reason)  Even I though I played my regular fantasy fives,  I often times get Qps too .  So when I saw that one of the  winners on 3/6/10 was the store where I used to buy religiously,  then I felt funny.  Not to mention the San Jose 7-11 that WON  a few weeks ago.  I'd  purchased tickets there before but didn't that day.

A few years Ago, someone won (for his second time) at the market where I'd begun purchasing  FF tickets  but I just look at it as THE WINNING DRAW IS GETTING CLOSER TO US DOLLAR, 

LETS JUST BE READY WHEN ITS OUR TIME!!!!!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10353 Posts
                              Posted: March 27, 2010, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

I agree 150% with rdgrnr on this, if it's your time to be lucky it's your time, if it isn't, it isn't and there's not a thing you can do that would have any effect on it.

Fate, kismet, destiny, whatever you want to call it, that's all there is to it.

You could track a game, work out combos, hot numbers, cold numbers, etc...then fill out 20 playslips and put a yard ($100) on one drawing, only to find out the person that was behind you in the store spent $1 on a quick pick and won the jackpot.

NEVER FORGET THE LUCK FACTOR

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.