Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

One Ticket strategy and big winner locs

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bounty4321's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
New Jersey
United States
Member #89062
March 29, 2010
111 Posts
Posted: March 29, 2010, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Hello everyone!

Just registered because i have recently started playing the lottery and found this forum to be kinda fun and full of info. Basically i just wanted to know peoples opinions on my strategy and something my mother has recently told me in a phone conversation. Basically i buy one $20 ticket a week and have NEVER truley lost, most of the time i actually win 30 or 50 bucks but the funny thing is the only time i ever lost is when i got greedy and kept going back for more tickets lol. Also in a recent conversation with my mother she said to NOT buy tickets at 7 eleven if your going for big winners, she said to go to my local liquor store because they are most likely to get the big winners based on sales? Anyone know if this is true?

Also i've decided to win the pick 6 tonight so yeah Smile

United States
    Member #88901
    March 25, 2010
    35 Posts
    Posted: March 29, 2010, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Your strategy is the best method of playing, buy one $20 dollar scratcher a week if you lose you lose there is always next week if you win more then what you paid for it you got extra spending money thats not going to go back into the lottery until next week. 

Now once you start into getting greedy and blowing $100-$200 a week on $20 dollar scratchers (those $20's can add up real quick) then your in for a very very very bad road and you better be a CEO have a successful company to be able to spend that kind of money on a game designed for you to lose and win only between $20 and $100 back and once in a full moon maybe $500 or $1000.

Keep playing like your playing this is a good way to play safe and have fun a the same time.

Good luck and keep playing safe!  See Ya!

Bounty4321's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #89062
      March 29, 2010
      111 Posts
      Posted: March 29, 2010, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Thanks! haha hopefully someone will have an opinion on my second question soon, really curious on that one. Funny thing i thought i would share and this goes into my little comment about winning the pick 6 tonight. My last ticket i won $40 on, i go to the store to cash it in and the guy goes "$50 cash?" im like "...yep" lol so i took the extra 10 and played 5 sets of QP's for 2 days... and ive been convincing myself im going to win and telling everyone im going to. It sounds easy but now i know how it feels to act because its hard to not break character lol. Wierd thing is i've never felt better in my life by just convincing myself im going to win, i dont even care if i do, but it feels good to bathe myself in ignorance haha.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
        Chicago
        United States
        Member #70678
        February 8, 2009
        889 Posts
        Posted: March 29, 2010, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

I hardly buy scratchers here in IL. The few times I had a winner and bought another of the same ticket it was always a loser so I just started either waiting a few days to buy the same ticket or buying a different ticket instead.

As for the 7-11 tickets...I've never heard this one before.

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
          Nashville, TN
          United States
          Member #86739
          February 9, 2010
          483 Posts
          Posted: April 17, 2010, 1:23 am - IP Logged

lol, that is funny.

about a year ago, it was late at night and i bought a $5 jumbo ticket and hit $10. The young clerk gave me $15. I paused for a beat then got in my car and took off.

having worked in gas stations when I was young and knowing how much it sucks to come up short on the register, after about a mile I quickly turned around to give the girl back the extra she had given me.

She politely told me "you actually won $15"

I felt like such a tard, but a tard with a kind heart :)

Not saying you are a tard, but are you sure you didnt actually win 50 instead of 40? Either way, it is their error, its just a matter of what you do with it :)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: April 17, 2010, 1:38 am - IP Logged

lol, that is funny.

about a year ago, it was late at night and i bought a $5 jumbo ticket and hit $10. The young clerk gave me $15. I paused for a beat then got in my car and took off.

having worked in gas stations when I was young and knowing how much it sucks to come up short on the register, after about a mile I quickly turned around to give the girl back the extra she had given me.

She politely told me "you actually won $15"

I felt like such a tard, but a tard with a kind heart :)

Not saying you are a tard, but are you sure you didnt actually win 50 instead of 40? Either way, it is their error, its just a matter of what you do with it :)

Good man TheOtherOne, You'll never go wrong doing right.

Them good chickens come home to roost too.

Think what a great world this would be if everyone was simply honest and always did the right thing.

You have a good heart.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke