Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can Goldilocks Help?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 7 years ago by THRUST.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
Member #88435
March 16, 2010
397 Posts
Posted: March 29, 2010, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Does picking hot, cold and medium numbers really work?...I am testing this out with Cash 5 & Mega Millions now.

I am also using a sum filter when wheeling...should I use previous drawing filter too? There are 2 other filters one has to do with width???

[edit] You can go to my blog to see how I am doing this.

$1,000,000

Jordans121's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg

United States
    Member #69169
    January 5, 2009
    2122 Posts
    Posted: March 29, 2010, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

No it does not because you would have to have about 40 to 50 years worth of draws in order to evaluate whether a number is hot or cold. You would have a better chance playing all money balls with additional numbers of your liking

"Many Strategies|One Game"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19817 Posts
      Posted: March 29, 2010, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Does picking hot, cold and medium numbers really work?...

Yes it does but the problem is all of the numbers fit into one of those three categories and when you come up with combinations with numbers from all three categories, you don't reduce the possible combinations by much.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
        Chicago
        United States
        Member #70678
        February 8, 2009
        889 Posts
        Posted: March 30, 2010, 12:00 am - IP Logged

I have seen where some members will pick a combo of hot, cold and in between numbers.

This is how I like to play Little Lotto 5/39......

I like to choose my numbers based on if I think a number will repeat, or if I think a pair of consecutive numbers will show up, etc.  If the last few games have had numbers that are ALL out less than 10 games or with only one number out more than 10 games here and there then I'll play 2 or 3 numbers that have been out more than 10 games. If I see that most of the numbers hitting have been out more than 10 games then I may ONLY play numbers out less than 10 games. I NEVER play numbers out more than 20 games until they start hitting. If I see alot of low numbers hitting I may not play any numbers under 11. The same with the high numbers. If too many numbers in the 30s start to hit I may not play anything over 29. Also if I notice a number hits every so any draws and it's about time to hit then I'll play it. As you can see the rules I play by change with every game.

Mega Millions is a whole different ball game. I still wouldn't choose my numbers based on a percentage of hot cold and in-between numbers.

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
          Member #88435
          March 16, 2010
          397 Posts
          Posted: March 30, 2010, 12:11 am - IP Logged

I noticed in looking back...it does not work well with Mega Millions...your right...I have seen better results in the past with Cash 5...but it is as good as I hoped. I am trying other things...this one thing I was doing with Cash 5 had a 4/5 hit...however to do that one I would have to play 49 lines every day twice a day or pick one of the columns of 7 and go with it per drawing. LOL

This other thing I am working on with Mega Millions looks better based on past results...but requires 128 lines to be played every-time...and it only is good if the numbers are wheeled right. I need to test it on live drawings before I can see if it is worth the trouble.

$1,000,000

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: March 30, 2010, 12:12 am - IP Logged

I have seen where some members will pick a combo of hot, cold and in between numbers.

This is how I like to play Little Lotto 5/39......

I like to choose my numbers based on if I think a number will repeat, or if I think a pair of consecutive numbers will show up, etc.  If the last few games have had numbers that are ALL out less than 10 games or with only one number out more than 10 games here and there then I'll play 2 or 3 numbers that have been out more than 10 games. If I see that most of the numbers hitting have been out more than 10 games then I may ONLY play numbers out less than 10 games. I NEVER play numbers out more than 20 games until they start hitting. If I see alot of low numbers hitting I may not play any numbers under 11. The same with the high numbers. If too many numbers in the 30s start to hit I may not play anything over 29. Also if I notice a number hits every so any draws and it's about time to hit then I'll play it. As you can see the rules I play by change with every game.

Mega Millions is a whole different ball game. I still wouldn't choose my numbers based on a percentage of hot cold and in-between numbers.

Yeah, but are you gettin' the mail in the right box when you're thinkin' 'bout all these numbers?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Chicago
              United States
              Member #70678
              February 8, 2009
              889 Posts
              Posted: March 30, 2010, 12:57 am - IP Logged

Yeah, but are you gettin' the mail in the right box when you're thinkin' 'bout all these numbers?

hahaha when I'm delivering the mail I'm thinking about what I have to do when I get off work, or the fight I had on the phone the night before, or if the guy that lives on one of my blocks : ) is gonna be home. When I deliver the mail I read the names NOT the address so if anything is mis-cased I'll catch it.

When I'm thinkin' bout all those numbers I'm staring at a chart. At home.

Chicago
                United States
                Member #70678
                February 8, 2009
                889 Posts
                Posted: March 30, 2010, 1:09 am - IP Logged

I noticed in looking back...it does not work well with Mega Millions...your right...I have seen better results in the past with Cash 5...but it is as good as I hoped. I am trying other things...this one thing I was doing with Cash 5 had a 4/5 hit...however to do that one I would have to play 49 lines every day twice a day or pick one of the columns of 7 and go with it per drawing. LOL

This other thing I am working on with Mega Millions looks better based on past results...but requires 128 lines to be played every-time...and it only is good if the numbers are wheeled right. I need to test it on live drawings before I can see if it is worth the trouble.

49 lines twice a day is a bit much.

As far as the numbers being wheeled right.....that's why I make my own lines. Say I think a number in the 30s is gonna hit but I'm not sure if it's gonna be say 32 or 37 or 39 so I'll alternate these numbers. Or if I think a pair of consecs may hit I may play say  17 18 on one line and 18 19 on the next. Of course there is no 2 of 3 etc guarantee but I'm much happier playing this way.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: March 30, 2010, 1:37 am - IP Logged

hahaha when I'm delivering the mail I'm thinking about what I have to do when I get off work, or the fight I had on the phone the night before, or if the guy that lives on one of my blocks : ) is gonna be home. When I deliver the mail I read the names NOT the address so if anything is mis-cased I'll catch it.

When I'm thinkin' bout all those numbers I'm staring at a chart. At home.

"...or if the guy that lives on one of my blocks is gonna be home..."

OK ca-, what the hell does that mean? LOL

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                    Member #88435
                    March 16, 2010
                    397 Posts
                    Posted: March 30, 2010, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

49 lines twice a day is a bit much.

As far as the numbers being wheeled right.....that's why I make my own lines. Say I think a number in the 30s is gonna hit but I'm not sure if it's gonna be say 32 or 37 or 39 so I'll alternate these numbers. Or if I think a pair of consecs may hit I may play say  17 18 on one line and 18 19 on the next. Of course there is no 2 of 3 etc guarantee but I'm much happier playing this way.

I wish I could figure out a way to see numbers how you and others see them...like what you and others talk about...which pairs and what not...everything I do outside of picking H/C/M numbers...the wheeling I do my-self is pretty random. I really need to trust my gut and go with numbers I like...but when I do and money is on the line...I get nothing. LOL

$1,000,000