Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do i do.

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 years ago by TheOtherOne.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #89056
March 29, 2010
5 Posts
Posted: March 30, 2010, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Do i have better luck on one 30 dollar ticket or six 5 dollar tickets roughly in your opinion? im racking my brain over this.

United States
    Member #88901
    March 25, 2010
    35 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2010, 12:05 am - IP Logged

You have to think of the pay out...

$30  if you win you may win just your money back or you may win $60, $100+ 

If you lose however you lost $30.

$5 dollar payouts are normally only your money back or $15 or $25, rarely anything higher!

The ultimate decison is yours, we can't tell you what or what not do. But if your looking for a good pay out $30 is the answer.

Good luck and please play safe!See Ya!

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
      Chicago
      United States
      Member #70678
      February 8, 2009
      889 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2010, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

I didn't know they had $30 dollar tickets.

I've won $50 and $75 on $5 dollar tickets.

If it was me I'd go for the $5 dollar tickets just because I wouldn't want to spend $30 dollars on one ticket. I don't think this is worth racking your brains out over.

How about treat yourself to the $30 dollar ticket. See how you like the feeling of putting all your money into that one ticket and/or scratching that one ticket. Who knows you may come back on here telling us you won big.

Then the next time you buy scratchers buy the $5 dollar tickets and see how you like the feeling of having more chances.

You'll figure out which way works better for you.

Norfolk,VA
        United States
        Member #83225
        December 2, 2009
        757 Posts
        Posted: April 3, 2010, 2:50 am - IP Logged

Well im sure the odds of winning any prize are better on the 30$ ticket than the 5$ ticket...

''YOU CAN PAY FOR SCHOOL BUT, YOU CAN'T BUY CLASS''Thumbs Up

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
          Chicago
          United States
          Member #70678
          February 8, 2009
          889 Posts
          Posted: April 3, 2010, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

Well im sure the odds of winning any prize are better on the 30$ ticket than the 5$ ticket...

I'm not so sure. The odds are printed on the back of the tickets or you can check out that information on your lotterys website.

Just because your spending ALOT more money on a ticket doesn't mean the odds just went in your favor.  Even tickets that cost the same amount will have different odds.

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
            Nashville, TN
            United States
            Member #86739
            February 9, 2010
            483 Posts
            Posted: April 17, 2010, 1:02 am - IP Logged

I can say that I have done non-extensive research on this (can't say "extensive" but I have certainly done some)

With the higher priced ticket, if you buy just one and lose, you have quickly burned through your 1 and only ticket and you will be wanting more. If you win, it will probably just be to get your original 30 back. If you win big, that is awesome, but rare.

However, if you buy 6 $5 tickets, first off the psychological advantage is that you have SEVERAL tickets you get to scratch instead of one, so therefore you now have 1 of 6 chances to win instead of 1 of 1. And maybe the payout on one of the 6 will be just as high or higher than the 30 dollar ticket (like others said in this thread, they have won 50 and 100 on the $5 ones).

Personally I have done better over the long run with $5 tickets, but note that the highest payout I have received on them is $25. But that is just me. Many of them have prizes from $50, 100, 500, 1000 up to 100,000 or 150,000. That's how it is in TN anyway.