Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: Lower tier prizes and lotto play

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 7 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

How much do you have to win before it doesn't all go back into lotto?

More than $20 [ 4 ]  [33.33%]
More than $50 [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
More than $100 [ 2 ]  [16.67%]
It always goes back if not a jackpot [ 2 ]  [16.67%]
Any win brings a lock for the next draw! Help me! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
The Ouija picture still bothers me [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I've already got playslips made out to play [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Less than a jackpot is a temporary loan [ 3 ]  [25.00%]
Other [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 12 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10392 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2010, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

This goes for all number games, anything from a 50 cent box hit on a pick 3 to a 2 of 5 for $1 on a Pick 5 to 5 of 6 on a Pick 6 for whatever your state pays for that.

We'll assume that a 5 + 0 on MM or PB wouldn'l all go back into lotto for this one. If it would, call GA right now!

So how much do you have to win before you lock up part of the winnings, or go out and buy something, or just not put it all back in the lottery?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    42185 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2010, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

If its more than 50 than 20 for sure is going back to lottery, gasoline comes next , if it's more than 100 than it's dinner out. when i win the powerball tonight i'll hire a chef.

HyperBe Happy.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2010, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

If its more than 50 than 20 for sure is going back to lottery, gasoline comes next , if it's more than 100 than it's dinner out. when i win the powerball tonight i'll hire a chef.

If you win the PB you could even afford a live-in masseur and dressing valet.

Funny thing is, I'm taking a correspondence on those things right now. What a coincidence.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        42185 Posts
        Posted: April 1, 2010, 7:24 am - IP Logged

If you win the PB you could even afford a live-in masseur and dressing valet.

Funny thing is, I'm taking a correspondence on those things right now. What a coincidence.

LOL you'll have to move to the mighty mitten.

HyperBe Happy.

United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10392 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2010, 9:42 am - IP Logged

LOL you'll have to move to the mighty mitten.

Make a wrong turn, rdgrnr, and you'll be a Yupper and see plenty of kee birds in the winter!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19903 Posts
            Posted: April 1, 2010, 9:54 am - IP Logged

I have alway spent more on lotteries than I've won so eventually everything I've ever won and more have gone back into them and it will alway be that way unless I win a jackpot or second prize in MM or PB. 

Years ago I matched 5of6 in the Ohio Super Lotto for $1500, even though I didn't go right out and buy $1500 worth of tickets, I had already spent $600 on tickets that year when I won it and at the end of that year I had over $2000 worth of losing tickets.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              CA
              United States
              Member #57222
              December 23, 2007
              587 Posts
              Posted: April 1, 2010, 10:08 am - IP Logged

This goes for all number games, anything from a 50 cent box hit on a pick 3 to a 2 of 5 for $1 on a Pick 5 to 5 of 6 on a Pick 6 for whatever your state pays for that.

We'll assume that a 5 + 0 on MM or PB wouldn'l all go back into lotto for this one. If it would, call GA right now!

So how much do you have to win before you lock up part of the winnings, or go out and buy something, or just not put it all back in the lottery?

Hey Coin,

Since you used the term "All"  I answered $20.  When I won that small amount I played extra in QPs and a few scratchers and kept the rest.  But When I won $50, I bought groceries will all of it.  When I won $372 I paid all on monthly bills. 

When I finally win my Fantasy Five,  I will put a new roof on the house and recarpet it.  When I win the SLP I will put this house on the market and meet with a BUILDER!!!!!!!

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10392 Posts
                Posted: April 1, 2010, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

RJOH,

"I have alway spent more on lotteries than I've won so eventuallyeverything I've ever won and more have gone back into them and it willalway be that way unless I win a jackpot or second prize in MM or PB. "

Good point, but less say you won something "decent" and went out and treated yourself to something you wouldn't normally buy otherwise. Then that particular win wouldn't have all gone back into lotto. You'd come out of your pocket with more later, sure, but having bought something you'd have something to show for it is what I guess I'm saying.

lottocalgal,

"When I finally win my Fantasy Five,  I will put a new roof on the house and recarpet it. "

I hear you. I'm thinking someone, probably rdgrnr, is going to reply to you and say something about why would you recarpet a roof!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Lep

Milwaukee, WI
                  United States
                  Member #3131
                  December 27, 2003
                  665 Posts
                  Posted: April 2, 2010, 3:26 am - IP Logged

I won $10,000 and "eventually" it all made it back in!

MarkP

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: April 2, 2010, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

I like to let it ride on my usual picks for the next drawings and usually add a couple QP's with it along the way.

When I hit something a little bigger like the 5 of 6 I got one time I went out and had some leather chaps and vests custom made and got a new leather coat, boots, gloves and all like that. I was all leathered up by the lottery! (Some wimmins are really into leather too, hee hee hee)

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: April 2, 2010, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

I like to let it ride on my usual picks for the next drawings and usually add a couple QP's with it along the way.

When I hit something a little bigger like the 5 of 6 I got one time I went out and had some leather chaps and vests custom made and got a new leather coat, boots, gloves and all like that. I was all leathered up by the lottery! (Some wimmins are really into leather too, hee hee hee)

Sounds kinda gay to tiggs but to each his own..Keep what your doing ridge as long as you got your pigs you will never be lonley..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: April 2, 2010, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

Sounds kinda gay to tiggs but to each his own..Keep what your doing ridge as long as you got your pigs you will never be lonley..

LOL, those chaps are for ridin', tigger.

Not for goin' to some bar in downtown Louisville.

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: April 2, 2010, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

LOL, those chaps are for ridin', tigger.

Not for goin' to some bar in downtown Louisville.

hehehe..touche big gay,oops tiggs means guy..:)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19903 Posts
                            Posted: April 2, 2010, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

RJOH,

"I have alway spent more on lotteries than I've won so eventuallyeverything I've ever won and more have gone back into them and it willalway be that way unless I win a jackpot or second prize in MM or PB. "

Good point, but less say you won something "decent" and went out and treated yourself to something you wouldn't normally buy otherwise. Then that particular win wouldn't have all gone back into lotto. You'd come out of your pocket with more later, sure, but having bought something you'd have something to show for it is what I guess I'm saying.

lottocalgal,

"When I finally win my Fantasy Five,  I will put a new roof on the house and recarpet it. "

I hear you. I'm thinking someone, probably rdgrnr, is going to reply to you and say something about why would you recarpet a roof!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Actually I consider buying lottery tickets a special treat as it's part of my entertainment budget.  Any winnings less than what I might spend in a year on tickets doesn't count as anything "special", it just lowers my cost of playing.  I would still have to win a jackpot or second prize in MM or PB to treat myself to something I wouldn't normally buy otherwise.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking